The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

The only show on LI I know of is the Knoll Dressage show that weekend. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Mary: I will email you regarding your male Jack.
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

Or is there an unrated show to go to? I've got juveniles, now, you know!!

I had thought about a Geriatric Hunter division at CF, but never thought it would fly. I don't think there is that much interest- Although I could have used a division like that when I dragged Without Wings out of retirement to do the eq. a few years back!!!

I wonder how we're gunna fix the LIHSAA committee.......hmmmm......

"Nothing ruins a neighborhood, like neighbors." L. Greening
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

Rain Rain Go Away! Glad I'm not showing this weekend. Wonder if HITS was a wash out also. There are not shows for that june 10th weekend. Thats my B-day woohooo big 2-1. Oh Jane I'm keeping Mr. Sam until November then he's for sale. lol can't part with something so good so soon.

I thought the schedule was full up and there were no dates to be had...Did a show drop out, or is someone running inactive this year?

I think the June 10th date was the Smithtown Hunt Horse Show. No show this year [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Enough already. My new barn is about to float away!!!
    Yup, that's the reason. No Sm. hunt show[which is a shame for the hunt] Traditions die and that is a shame. Harry needs to spice them up again he he!
    Linda, you show at the preserve last year? Still wondering what to do about next weekend if this weather ever clears!
    Well, as far as the generic hunter thing, I feel down the road it warrants a discussion. I do not feel it should be an end of year winning thing but L.I. horseshows should bring back some open 2'6" low hunter classes. Hey, got an idea, high, low special hunter non end of year. That AHSA pre-green thing really should be end of year if it ever takes off. But this is long term,down the road discussion. I feel this is not a pressing matter with every thing on the LIHSAA's plate at this time.
    hmmmmmmmm Janet, trying to stir up the lurkers!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

How about instead of calling it the GERIATRIC Hunters or high/low special, we call it the BEEN THERE DONE THAT Hunters. I'm sure there must be many horses that now longer fit in anywhere and maybe this will clear some people out of the pre-adult pre-childrens division. But what the hell, throw in an end of year cooler, dish and as a special incentive a year of Legend-lol.

Now in defense of LURKERS, some of us never intended to be lurkers-we just can't follow simple directions. As a former lurker let me say this-YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR THE E-MAIL AND CLICK!!!
    Either that or call Jane. LOL.

First off, ask my sister in-law how long it took me to get her on this message board because she deleted that e-mail!! That is a must! lol
    As far as giving the generic hunter a cooler at the end of the year, sorry lurkn, cann't support that one! They have already been there and done that and don't need another cooler to there exsisting collection. But remember,I'm just a big mouth here and not on the comittee! but I can say, I do think that will never fly.
    Stevie Nicks

we just luck out in the Hamptons because of the holiday? Bright sunshine blue skies all afternoon--after a VERY foggy morning! Took the girls and ponies for a walk on the beach (gave the visitors something to ooooh and ahhh over)---and it's a very small world, we saw Danny Murphree on our way to the beach and on the way back met a very nice gentleman who used to show jumpers and who says he now keeps a horse at Dolan's in Oyster Bay. Didn't get his name...So where did it rain?

And wait--NO SMITHTOWN HUNT???? Why?? What happened??

Just meant no Sm. Hunt horse show. Seems there really was not much organization to have the show and it is a shame. Smithtown Hunt needs a fire put under them I think. I enjoyed watching the hounds demonstration over the years but it was obvious the hounds were not performing up to past abilities. Say what you will about Harry, but, he was a great HuntMaster!
    Stevie Nicks

I would like to go to the preserve next week for the show Gold Dust, are you going??. Haven't been there in a couple of years but don't remember the footing being all that bad. We rode in that hunter ring in the back. I do remember when they used the ring for the adult equit. that kinda sloped down and had that option jump in the gulley. That ring was a little rutty. Didn't go this weekend because of the footing........ really should go to do the Adult Amat. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Can you believe what a beautiful day it turned out to be, YIPEE !!!! No More Rain [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think I might give it a shot. Has been years for me too since I was last there also. Since it looks like the rain is over I think we shall be ready to go. Yup, did turn out to be a great day. Got to clean up all afternoon the mess the monsoon left!
    Stevie Nicks

Ok I can do this one more day in the ring teaching I didnt think Monday was ever gonna get here and now its here. HIP HIP HORRAY!!!
    And Deb who are you kidding that you used to love to watch the hounds perform every year, When you didnt have people showing I never saw you go there just to watch the hounds, and you know that if there is no reason to go to a show you arent getting out of bed early for no one or for no reason. PLEASE!!"thats with two hands" hehehehehehehe, Like I have said before I LOVE YA though, "You liked watching the hounds" lol,
    I am sure with the gigantic dogs you have you dont have time to miss the hounds, because you are outside picking up after the two dinosaurs you have that demenstrate there abilities on your lawn. So here you have it hehe
    I am laughing my --- off as I am writing this I guess you can say it has been a long long weekend and it has finally got to me, I needed this chuckle, and who better then you Deb to enjoy it with. lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] But we are going to miss that show!

I have to go to Fla. on family matters and won't be back till Sunday before PHA Meeting Monday. Want to leave you guys with-

At the show this weekend, Jimmy decided to split the Lows at 8 each. There were 4 and 4. This is a LIHSA split division, to be combined if less than 3 in either section. So now we have management, cranky about the PRE-Childrens thing, gunna take it out on another division, by making rules up as they go.

This whole thing is getting uglier and uglier.

Will check in again tonight before I go.....

OK SO THE WEATHER IN ST.LOUIS MO. WAS NO BETTER THAN WHAT YOU GUYS HAD !!It rained and was cold every stinking day!!!But let me tell you that place was put together beautifully TWO count em two huge indoor rings with huge indoor schooling arenas all undersame roof!!!Huge out door rings perfect if maybe a tad deep out door rings with this coool footing !!!.Anyway i brought beautiful clothes and froze everyday!!!UGH!!! Sorry about your loss Mary !!!
    Brilyntrip

First off, Good morning Chris. My it was attack the sister in-law morning. he he!
    Second, my Newfies could track a fox better then those hounds. All they need is that damn Scruffy dog of yours and the hunt would be set!
    Third, where were you last year while I was under the tent watching the hounds? I remember that vividly as immediatly following that demonstration I was hurled to the ground at warp speed in the hunter classic!!!
    Fourth, I watch them evry year wise a**. I may watch to watch them screw up but have always watched.
    Get back in the ring and I'll talk to you later! Love ya too!!!!!
    Stevie Nicks

I distictly remember Debbie under the tent watching the dogs, but I think she was only waiting for the hunter classic to begin. LOL!!!

I do, however, recall her having a true appreciation of the Indian noises thing on opening day at the Hampton's. She seemed to especially enjoy it while on of her stidents were in the eq ring.

Thanks for being in my corner. Sort of lol I am remembering that now and laughing so hard! Heads up ingate LOL

I had heard the LIHSAA low hunters had a split thing going on. Now I am totally confused. I thought that was a done deal and split at 3 and 3 if it had the entries? Answers to that one please?

As far as the pre=childrens hunter, it is no secret I am an advocate for that. I do understand it is a done deal and I am understanding my fight is for next year. Here is where I need to see figures that Michael has for the past years how many of each there were. June 11th is chock full of issues and I hope you can come Michael. Bad feelings on this should not come into play on other divisions.

waiting for shots fired again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

Heard from Michael about the Pre-Children's thing. He explained that the division was split, horse/pony, at 10 shows last year, all Jimmy's. He said that in doing so it seemed to tip the point scales toward the ponies. He explained further that it was difficult for the horses to catch a pony out in front, as the horse rarely actually competed against the pony. I see his point. The division was split only twice the year before. So the split problem really ballooned last year, and was curbed this year, by LIHSA.

Well, I'm off to Florida. Good luck on all your missions and I'll see you all at the PHA meeting. May the Force be with you, whatever force you may need anyway.

I hope someone is writing down all these thoughts and ideas because I have heard over and over they have to be submitted in writing. If I have all the issues so far they are. (1) The Long Island High Score Committee needs to revamp it's membership and come up with by-laws, so that rule changes and procedures are FAIR and understandable. (2) Whether to split the Pre-childrens hunters into two sections Horses and Ponies starting the year 2002. (3) Web site needs to be updated more often. (4) Specs. need to be correctly posted and more available somehow. (5) Prize lists must have correct specs.

One more thought, since the pre-childrens were split last year and points were tabulated, I believe a precedent was set and the exhibitor should not be penilized. The LIHSAA has ruled the class WILL NOT BE SPLIT for this year but I think the points that were earned in the shows that did split should count.