The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

But any posts on this thread are ok with me as it keeps this thread close to the top of the List of Threads. And many of us are not capable of IM-ing with others! I know that I can only IM with other Webtv and MSN customers.

And to keep on the topic-

The LIHSAA has never started any rules in the middle of a year. The new rules and specs are printed and put on the tables at the dinner and sent to all the show managers. The problem is that no one pays attention to the printed specs, thinking that there are no changes. By the time they do realize there are changes, I admit, it is the middle of the year. It is NOT the LHSAA's job to personally enlighten each and every person to the new changes. It is the trainer's, the exhibitor's, and the manager's responsibility to read the AHSA Rule Book and know the rules involved in showing at AHSA shows- So why shouldn't they all be responsible for knowing the rules of the LIHSAA as well??

I will now don my flame-retardent suit....

"Nothing ruins a neighborhood, like neighbors." L. Greening
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

Sorry all the "chit-chat" are annoying Laura or anyone else. I don't post on this thread much for one reason; I'm more of an observer when it comes to the recent issues discussed on this thread. I finally asked a legitimate question, then took the opportunity to make a quick comment from a previous post, which drew a few more questions/remarks. I think it's safe to say that I've been on the internet long enough to know not to let it drag on, but I also don't want to be RUDE when someone ask me a quick question.

I shall refrain from chit-chatting on this thread, or any "serious" thread from now on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

Either you are home or in some library in Fla. posting away LOL
    You are correct Janet that it is everyones job to know the rules. But....howbout I throw this one at ya!!!!.... Isn't it LIHSAA job to let us know there is a PROPOSED rule change[as the AHSA does in the monthly horse show magazine] so we, the general public have ample time to prepare for any up and coming change?

Like I said, 'Hi Janet, Welcome Home!' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

a long day at a show TIRED---and then the !@#$%^&* AOL takes an hour to let you sign on and then BUMPS you (claiming it is all your fault) and then freezes your screen and sometimes your entire computer----and you have to go through this 4 or 5 times before you get to where you are going....

It can make the most innocent little chit-chat seem like a collosal waste of TIME, though I also agree with whoever said it's good to keep this near the top of the action---

Anyway, one more item to add to the list--timely notification of PROPOSED changes, and an adequate period of time for comment before they are ADOPTED!!

In years past, the LIHSAA never had to get the masses' approval on any new rules because most were covered in the AHSA rule book. With the onslaught of all the unrated divisions, there is now a need for the Proposed Rule Concept. But even now, there is usually some discussion of a change during PHA meetings. Consequently, if you'd like to be up on potential changes, you should not miss any meetings.

"Nothing ruins a neighborhood, like neighbors." L. Greening
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

<<even now, there is usually some discussion of a change during PHA meetings. Consequently, if you'd like to be up on potential changes, you should not miss any meetings.>>

Doesn't this bring us back to the chicken/egg question--since the LIHSAA is not answerable to the PHA and the PHA isn't specifically charged with determining the agenda for the LIHSAA etc. (Especially considering the expressed preference of the present PHA leadership has made about keeping the two separate) And with no bylaws or formal protocols in place, there doesn't seem to be any orderly or predictable manner in which to conduct a discussion...If there were, we would not have the mountain of work ahead of us that we have all acknowledged exists!

I've been watching this thread the past few days, and was about to post the same thing Laura did.

Personal conversations should be just that -- personal. You don't need IM. Everyone here has an email address, and you can either exchange them on the board, or list them in your profile. (If you really don't want your address public, email me, and I can pass your address on to someone else for you.)

I don't mind the fact that this thread has gotten so long, as long as it stays on topic. But to post chatter just to keep the topic at the top of the list is not okay with me. And unfortunately, what I say goes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Keep it on topic, please, and keep the other conversation to email. Thanks!

on last night's meeting...for those of us who were not there...

Starting a new thread guys so go there with new update info.
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks