The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Well, another meeting has gone by. Besides our usual business very important update. As we all know many of us have LIHSAA issues. Although nothing had been put to order last night at least an open meeting of the LIHSAA has been put on the calendar for Monday, June 11th at the New Horizons Diner at 7:30. This is a must attend meeting people. The door has opened for comminication so lets open it big and wide.
    My opinion, the first order on the agenda is comittee member update and major changes there. We need proper representation guys. What do you think? Lets get the ball rolling guys. Start posting please and lets here some feedback from all!
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

Well, another meeting has gone by. Besides our usual business very important update. As we all know many of us have LIHSAA issues. Although nothing had been put to order last night at least an open meeting of the LIHSAA has been put on the calendar for Monday, June 11th at the New Horizons Diner at 7:30. This is a must attend meeting people. The door has opened for comminication so lets open it big and wide.
    My opinion, the first order on the agenda is comittee member update and major changes there. We need proper representation guys. What do you think? Lets get the ball rolling guys. Start posting please and lets here some feedback from all!
    Stevie Nicks

The specs for Prechildren's Hunter has not changed from last year. It was not to be split last year, and that rule is being inforced again this year. Nothing has changed. So what is the problem?

And the SS Hunters CAN be split at 17, according to the LIHSSA specs. So where's the problem there?

As far as the numbers in the hack class, it could be added that no more than 6/8/whatever to canter at one time.

Remember, these divisions are run on the increment system as well, so more entries- more points!!
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

I dd not know it was not suppposed to be split last year - the pre-children's divison. We split it all the time. And the SS Hunters - we always split those. Why can't the horse show managers split things if we want. Alvin says it will get to 4 in a class. That's not giving the horse show managers much credit for brains. I take offense at that. As I have mentioned before the LIHSAA was started to encourage showing on LI. Most of whatthe present LIHSAA has done has not benefitted anyone, except------. Shouldn't go there
    Thanks Debbie for starting this new thread and for all your help a the meeting

just to clarifuy and mind you I donot have this supposed rule book in front of me.It has been read to me over the phone,one thepre childrens dividon is not split as an end of year award at the banquet it is on e set of ribbons .Whatteh show manager chooses to do should be their own decision.Two I was told that the short stirrup eq can be divided at 17 not hunters.At any rate apparently there were 18 at last weekend's hunters isle show.
    Brilyntrip

I have read that booklet and as far as the Sh. St. hunters it states to me that it can be split if the divisions has 17 so I do not see why that is becoming a problem. The pre-childrens hunter was split quite often last year. This is where LIHSAA needs to let us know they are doing things like that and not just put it in a booklet left on the table at the dinner dance. Mrs. Rice is right when she says if managment would like to split the day of the show then why not. It may make points more difficult to tally but like any job there are some aspects of it that will become trying but hey, that's my day to day here! lol

I feel so strongly on upgrading the way the LIHSAA is working its current system. This is the feedback I need so my mission will be succesful. And I mean I AM ON A MISSION!
    Stevie Nicks

If you are reading this and were at the meeting yesterday please raise your hand and tellus if you are a current pha member
    Brilyntrip

simple enough!
    Stevie Nicks

Not a member yet. There's so much new stuff, I can't believe it. I need to go to shows and see what's happening before I even think about showing. Glad I went to the meeting. You guys all look great. Does anyone have Jo Rothenberg's phone #? I work for the Bank of Smithtown and spoke to Tom Mannos Wed. He gave me her address but not the phone #. I want to call her and give her our CD rates and other info. Tom liked the idea. Please email me with her # if you (anyone) can. Thanks! It was good to see everyone.

Current Member

I ama memeber with a card !
    Brilyntrip

Just so everyone understands why brilyntrip has asked if you are a PHA member, it has been told to me someone questioned some people at the meeting not being members. My take on that is -so what! Seems to me we should encourage people to attend and then hope they keep coming, get involved and become paid memebers. So the problem with that is..........?
    Stevie Nicks

Good Lord, who's the sourpuss!! Ok, ok, I'll join. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I know, I know, I should have all the results for you, but I don't. Sorry. WHERE WERE YOU ALL? I hope you will attend Sat/Sun.

The Green Working had 3. The Pre-Green (AHSA Zone 2) had 4. The LIHSAA Low Professionals had 4, the LIHSAA Low AM/Jr section had 5. The Infant Hunters had 11. The LIHSAA Special hunters had around 5.

Courses rode well, were inviting and well decorated. Footing isn't perfect, but it's not total concrete. Food service was sketchy (another story) but they WILL be there Sat/Sun before 7 a.m.

Please come to the LI PHA show Sat/Sun (SUNY Old Westbury) and you can submit your membership at the show, if you haven't already joined.

Did not go today because I had to get everyone ready for tomorrow so will see you then! I hear we are getting rain early tomorrow morning but a quick shower so that should be perfect for the footing! Small turnout for friday but that should change tomorrow! Well, see you all bright and early.

Judge- see, it's all your fault LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Once again, I don't understand. We're supposed to hustle up new members, but shouldn't persuade non-members to attend the meetings, in the process? Any interest is better than none.

The non-members are potential members, let's not scare them away.
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

Laura: "Sketchy" food service? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] You are very kind, because that wouldn't have been my description. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] I'm not sure exactly how long the truck was there on friday, but I know it was no more than two hours. I also heard they were out of bottled water within the first hour.
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

I was at the PHA meeting on tuesday. No, I'm not a member but I am interested in coming to the meetings. I thought anyone was allowed to attend. Even though I am only an amateur, I still am very interested in everything that goes on in our horse show community. I don't want to be in the way or anything, I just like to listen. I hope that's okay?

Spent all day at the show yesterday and am happy to report the coffe truck was there all day from bright and early until late at night. Food may have taken a bit long but in my opinion worth the wait! Show went well. Mother nature could of helped us with a bit more rain for the footing but whatcha gonna do but try a rain dance! lol I thought my ring ran as smooth as it could. Tim Cleary worked the in-gate[I was in the same ring all day] and he did a great job and was too funy all day long so at least we had some laughs all day too. I felt sorry for the people who had ch. hunter ponies. That was a small mob at the end of the day. Laura- can that division be split into 2 different rings? Larges in 1, small med. in the other? That might of helped the show finish sooner if you could being the other ring was finished.

As far as the PHA meeting I believe there is no reason member or not that you can not sit in the meetings. How about all who come join anyway. It's a measly $50.00 pro dues and I believe only $25.00 for Jrs.[don't quote me on that one] and am not sure what the Am. dues are. Help me on that one Janet! So lets all join up if you have not and no problem for you guys because we love to see new faces!!!!
    Stevie Nicks