The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

There's still a pic of Fox in the DM lounge. He was so tight up front and round as a ball. I was tring to recall his name in the post above about some old DM horses.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Tommy Moore & I went to high school together!! one year we rode back from a show in Buffolo together in the back (with the horses) of DK's goose-neck..at that time I was riding at a barn in Rochester but needed a ride back to CD..those were the days!<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Oh, I do remember Fox Chapel, nice horse..I was into jumpers then so I'm having trouble remembering the rider (sorry)[/list]

I just heard that Janet Sandola, a rider in the Capital District, died. I guess she died a while ago - a year? Maybe more.

I found that very sad - she was a wonderful, big-hearted person.

Does anyone know what she died from?

(She rode with DM for years. She might have ultimately switched to Skidmore. And at the bitter end, I am told she had her horses with Pat Snow.)

See how Skysmom's post has different margins? Why does that happen sometimes?!

skysmom is posessed!!!

Muuuuhhhaaahahahhahahahahahha

No, she's not my alter, she's older than me, and owns a beautiful Mandarin baby that she, um happened to buy from, ummm me.

I have taken lesson from one of the well know trainers. I used to ride at Skimore w/ Cindy for 5 years, now I ride with Don Bourque. So I know whats going on with what you are saying. I am just saying that that happens everywhere you go not just in CDHJC.

Elizabeth...last I knew Pat's horses were at a barn near me on First Dyke Road...I don't remember her dying (not Pat..)...ussually the CDHJC sends flowers to people close to organization when they die and I don't remember ever sending any?? I'll have to ask Jimmy he could have a more accurate memory...
    laurie...ask Tommy to stop and say hi at St Clements...I have to go there (as opposed to Garden State, becasue of the boarders [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] )Enjoy the "entertainment".... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Betsy
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Alf, where was Don when you rode with him? He started (in this area) in a barn a couple miles from me. He was wonderful. His partner at the time was a moron with an attitude.
    Jill - please tell Don that Carol (the refrom Chatham says "hi". And, if you would, please e-mail me his address - I'd like to get in touch.
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Nothing more to say...

SillyMommy, thanks for the pic.of my boy!! Cutie if I do say so myself!! Good Luck at PHA, hope to be there on Thurs. to cheer ( or heckle ) you on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yup Don is still around. He is the best. He be at St. Clements. If you see him riding a big plain bay horse in the baby greens that is my horse.

Jill since you have told us who you ride with you dont need to say anymore There is a reason why Don B was not in the area for awhile and as for DD I have one word to describe that man "BUTCHER" any more said on that man would be a waste of my typing skills
    POG MO THON other nations may swear,but the Irish really mean it.

Jumphigh I believe we know each other I used to work for Judy Richter I thought you would be quicker to pick it up your slacking girl
    POG MO THON other nations may swear,but the Irish really mean it.

We may know each other as well. I rode with JR back in the mid 80's. I also was not brave enough to voice a certain opinion about someone mentioned earlier...

Why cait I say anymore? I only started riding w/Don 10 months ago. Before that I had been at Skidmore for the 5 years w/ Cindy Ford. Since I still have an opinion i can still say whatever i chose to voice

Hey Josie...do you know my friend Louise McN??? She worked for Judy for a time several years ago..she LOVED Judy..she tells me I need to be more like her! I guess I have "sucker" tatooed on my forehead (under the bangs!) Maybe I'll get a zebra...???..hmmmmm.....

Betsy
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

need some company!!!

The CDHJC is nothing compared to the TCRA.

Can I bum a smoke?
    That would be backwards

FM, are we transitioning from organizations in the Capitol District? I have the same oppinion about both. One is on the bottom step, and the other is falling into the basement...

OMG! Beth where did you hear about Janet? She was SUCH a sweetheart!! Gosh, she could not have been all that much older than us. I remember her from DM, but I also rode w/her for quite a few years at Skidmore when she had Gator. That's terrible!!!

Suz, there was a reference in an old CDHJC newsletter to the Janet Sandola memorial fund. That's all I know. . . .