The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking success!!!!! couldn't be happier!

i just had to share how HAPPY I am!!! 1 1/2 years ago my gelding injured his lateral collateral ligament and i was devastated! To add insult to injury, three months into stall rest for the lateral collateral injury he coliced and had to have surgery. Well, TODAY HE JUMPED FOR HIS FIRST TIME!!!!!

The road to recovery was long and hard and many times made me want to pull my hair out, but in the end was so worth it!!

The vet's couldn't be happier with how well he has healed and how sound he is! The best part is that he is so much calmer and easier to handle after this year from not jumping. I am sure a lot of it had to do with growing up/getting older, but still i don't think that in the 4 years i've had him he has ever jumped this well and this calmly! He injured his leg the 5th show of his 2nd year green year. Luckily, there is the 3'3 performance hunters and the 3'6-3'9 perf hunters now to rehab him in and according to the vet, if all continues to go well, he can go back to the high performance hunters for winter circuit!

I think back on all of those times when i felt like giving up and just saying screw it and all of the tears and frustrating talks with the vets and all of the treatments was *200%* WORTH it today!!!

Thats awesome! Congrats! I think we all won't pictures of this miracle recovery horse!

Seattle, WA

Woohoo! Congratulations! The only thing better than getting your horse back is getting back a new and improved version

I would say, "enjoy your rides!" but it sounds like you don't need anyone to tell you that!
    Forever exiled in the NW.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Congratulations on a successful rehab!
    The Evil Chem Prof

Sweet, sweet Virginia!

"Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Northern Virginia

That's awesome! I know how you feel--people thought I was losing it when I stood there sobbing when my horse jumped for the first time after a year long suspensory injury. What they didn't realize is that they were tears of joy! Here's to a successful future for you and your horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by EquineImagined View Post
    My subconscious is a wretched insufferable beotch.

Ontario, Canada

Well done. Huge congratulations and continued health.
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~