The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Amazonas field boots?

Found a pair for really cheap, that have only been worn a few times, in the calf size I need. I haven't found any reviews on them. How is the quality? The leather? Etc. TIA

I have a couple of used pairs I found for very cheap used at consignment shops. I am short and have fat calves so I can't afford to be too picky unless I go custom. They are not great quality or anything, but they are ok. I ride in them 1-2 times a week most of the year (lessons and shows) and they have held up for a couple of years. The fit is about what you would expect from cheap boots without zippers-- they are pretty big in the ankle area. For me they are a smidge tall as well, but not enough to have cut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
    I have a couple of used pairs I found for very cheap used at consignment shops. I am short and have fat calves so I can't afford to be too picky unless I go custom. They are not great quality or anything, but they are ok. I ride in them 1-2 times a week most of the year (lessons and shows) and they have held up for a couple of years. The fit is about what you would expect from cheap boots without zippers-- they are pretty big in the ankle area. For me they are a smidge tall as well, but not enough to have cut down.
    Sounds like we have the same body type, so that's great to hear. How tall are you? I'm wondering if they'll be too tall for me, I'm only 5'3". Big in the ankle area is great actually, because I have to wear ankle braces on both sides when I ride, so that will make room for them.