The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

during the weekend of January 18th?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

during the weekend of January 18th?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

I'm booked on Sunday, but Friday and Saturday look good!

***There's no place like first place.***
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I will be there in spirit, so have a toast for us who would LOVE to be there!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh boy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Saturday night is out for me, but Friday or Sunday would be OK.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I can make it! I've never seen the inside of the infamous Mosby's!

but can do Friday, the 18th.
    Let us know when you've made the decision - would like to see everyone again if we can make it.

- C

Friday- Friday- Friday!!!!! Yea!!!

And thats my final answer.

***There's no place like first place.***
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

What's Mosbys? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

I could make the 18th.

It seems there are seat availabilities on my Air Canada points - i.e. I can fly in gratis. Think a gate-crashing may be in order. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

How far is Mosby's from Dulles, BTW?

Heidi, as you know from my Max thread I am not really in the mood to post but your note caught my eye.

I am totally serious, you let us know if you are really going to head down this way (can you bring the family, too?) and I will pick you up at Dulles myself. Or get in a fight w/ETBW over who gets to pick you up! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It's a hop, skip and jump (actually about a 20 minute drive) from Dulles to M'burg. Let us know!

Aww, Flashy Gray, that's so kind of you to offer.

I'm going to email Duffy and see whether I can pyjama party at her house and keep her up until 3:00am drinking lovely reds. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

No, no, no, I'm trying to escape from the brood - two weeks of prolonged exposure to the kids and Hans over Christmas has me in need of a Mommy-break.

I just need to check out the size of the planes scheduled between Toronto and Washington - I don't cope well with prop planes and need a lot of steel around me when I fly.

Sounds like great fun, though, eh? I'll bring the Tim Horton's donuts! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I live soooooo much closer!! Please, oh Please say you will come. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Duffy can take you home with her but I will pick you up and take you along to Cavallo, Tack Box, Tack Exchange, Mosby's, Etc!!!

My house is so close and I have the wonderous spare bedroom never despoiled by Winglet!!!!

Duffy can come stay, too. Oh, the ultimate joy! Just think of the naughtyness we can come up with [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I can collect you from Dulles and we can be at Mosbys' within 30 minutes (okay, I speed). Just ask Hobson or N2Jumpers, they will vouch for me!

Duffy lives two hours away. She will have to put her best efforts into just arriving! Go Dog Go is here, Kennett Square, Inverness, Elghund, Kryswyn, Moesha, Fairweather, Miniwelsh, ALL OF US!!!!!!

Trixie, are you paying attention? Photo opportunities beneath the COTH Sign are possible!!!!

Do say you will come, I can add you to my RSVP for the Albemarle Stud Stallion Showing on Sunday the 20th! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

At this point, it seems I can get a circuitous flight which lands at Dulles at 3:00pmish on Friday, leaving Dulles either in the afternoon or early evening on Sunday; leaving much time to shop at hyperinflated prices for the new pony and ungrateful daughter. Did I mention, BTW, that the pitiful Canadian $$ is equivalent to about $.60 US? What time do the stallions strut their stuff on Sunday, Wingsy? You know how I feel about a good-looking stallion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Two hours away, eh? Duffy neglected to mention that detail...Virginia's, what, two city blocks long, isn't it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm going to book something while availabilites remain -- and needless to say look uberly-forward to meeting all of you. Heidi infiltrates the southern belles, how cool is that?

Wingsy, I'll email you any pertinent flight details.

What I want to know - do you think the Urchinator will show his face at Mosby's if I venture across borders, stifling my terrible fear of flying, on hold for endless hours with Air Canada, just to meet He, Who Is The Urchin? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm in for Friday night!!! I can be there by 6:30ish. Of course I expect Wingsie will bring you by Horse Country on Saturday, if only to buy her that copy of COPPER'S CHANCE that showed up last week as a 'hospitality gift'. Or perhaps Mr. Wings will buy it to make up for Xmas? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Either way, I will be at MOSBY'S! Pictures of Heidi & Go-Dog-Go will be MOST entertaining. Heidi, did we mention that GDG is in the Vertically Blessed Clique? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

~the back of my horse, where the view is best!

I can't come.... my schedule is just too full. Actually, I'm not doing anything Saturday night; the problem is I have to be at work at 5 a.m. on Sunday Morning (or does that still qualify as Sat Nite???) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

....I'm sinking
    in the Quicksand
    of my thoughts [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img].....

. . .myself for a few evening aperitifs, eats, & intelligent chit-chat.

So are we talking about Friday night or Saturday night? Enquiring Peeps want to know.

Heidi, didn't I happen to mention that my nickname when running rescue was "Mario" and on my birthday cake one of those years was a race car??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] It's not two hours away!!! Virginia is not all that big! I'm sure Wingsey and I can share you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here's hoping that another of our esteemed posters from out-of-state will be able to make it as well! I don't want to mention her name, just in case...

Oh - I believe we're talking about Friday for Mosby's, right?