The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Herniated Disc Pain Relief and Treatments Guide.

Herniated discs are a major cause of disability in people under 45.
    I am one of those people.
    For the past 3 years I suffer L5S1 disc hernia, the most common type of hernia.
    But each case is slightly different and that makes it very difficult to treat.
    In my case I also have hyperlordosis, scoliosis and spina bifida.
    I have been trying countless treatments and supposed cures. I was often left in disappointment but fortunately found some sources of relief.
    I'm not a doctor, just a student with lots of experience with a mother which is a doctor.
    At this time, despite my efforts, I have reached a point where I need surgery.
    But if I have had the experience and the knowledge I have now I could have avoided this complicated situation for sure.
    That's why I made a PDF with my experience and everything I’ve investigated and used to relieve my pain over the years.

I offer this guide for FREE to those who ask me by mail to this address.

Since my insurance does not cover this type of operation I'm asking for help through the IndieGoGo platform. Through a donation you can get the PDF, “Herniated Disc Pain Relief and Treatments Guide”. Through this platform I will also answer any questions you may have about the subject.

If you share this link, make a donation or just give it a like on facebook or tweeter you’d be helping me greatly.
    w w w (dot)indiegogo(dot)com/herniatesdiscrelief

There I explain who I am and where I come from, watch it if you can and share it if you like it.

My friend and I had a similar injury. Mine was bulging and herniated while hers was just slipped. She didn't ride for a while and is mostly healed with some degree of pain every so often. I have to live with a constant pain due to other problems we discovered I had and I had surgery to fix what needed to and I've never felt better, even though I love in my pain. I am 18 now. Surgery was 2 years ago and since then, my pain has not been over a 5 out of 10.

Washington State

Back surgery and severe herniations here. Massage and the MacKenzie method (a type of stretching) worked wonders for me. I still have off days, and won't take pain meds as a prevention because I've realized that (for me) knowing something caused pain helps me do it different next time.

My husband felt so bad for me that he surprised me with a huge gift... a really really nice full massage chair. It works wonders. It caused a lot of belt tightening but he really wanted me to have something I could go to in a moment.

I often comment the only time there is 0 pain or ache in my back is when I'm riding.

Also, I switched to a standing desk at work. <3
    My herd for life:
    King: 21 year old Foxtrotter gelding
    Ruais: 8 year old Friesian/Arabian mare

I would try to find an osteopath; also medical acupuncturist; also a few Feldenkrais sessions to help you move better With a support team like that, plus the right instructor you should be able to get back to riding at some level
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans