The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Well, the night started out with the horse show comittee meeting. Being we have decided Yaphank would be the best place to have the show as long as the large schooling ring is redone to use as the main huter ring. Marty has worked it out that the all weather footing has been sponsored. Now the dilema is raising more money to bring the construction equipment in to install it. Two thousand dollars was raised right at the meeting for that but we will need more donations. Please keep in mind, the goal is to re-do the ring to make it best for all throughout the season. We show so much there it can only be the best for all. If anyone would be intersted in helping sponsor the ring work please e-mail me. Every little bit can only help.

Then the PHA meeting followed. Alvin prepared us all for the passing of his torch. Once again he stressed the point how much money is needed to operate in the best interest of all. Fund raisers are a must. Let's hear some ideas people!!! The more money we raise, the more we can do for the community.
    Then the voting. A change was made to the ballot which added Jimmy Rice running for Chair person and Dick London running for Vice Chair. Results are: Jimmy Rice - President
    Dick London - Vice President
    Ginny Rice - Secretary
    Jo Rothenburg - Treasurer
    Debby de Leyer - Recording Secretary

The meeting ended with some words that would have been better left best unsaid and were not really pertaining to results of the campaign trail.
    On a personal note I would like to thank Karin Immerman for running for president and my feelings are, you are a huge asset to the PHA and LIHSAA so keep up the good work. We need you in the trenches for us!!!!

[This message was edited by Gold Dust on Nov. 06, 2001 at 01:10 PM.]
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

Well, the night started out with the horse show comittee meeting. Being we have decided Yaphank would be the best place to have the show as long as the large schooling ring is redone to use as the main huter ring. Marty has worked it out that the all weather footing has been sponsored. Now the dilema is raising more money to bring the construction equipment in to install it. Two thousand dollars was raised right at the meeting for that but we will need more donations. Please keep in mind, the goal is to re-do the ring to make it best for all throughout the season. We show so much there it can only be the best for all. If anyone would be intersted in helping sponsor the ring work please e-mail me. Every little bit can only help.

Then the PHA meeting followed. Alvin prepared us all for the passing of his torch. Once again he stressed the point how much money is needed to operate in the best interest of all. Fund raisers are a must. Let's hear some ideas people!!! The more money we raise, the more we can do for the community.
    Then the voting. A change was made to the ballot which added Jimmy Rice running for Chair person and Dick London running for Vice Chair. Results are: Jimmy Rice - President
    Dick London - Vice President
    Ginny Rice - Secretary
    Jo Rothenburg - Treasurer
    Debby de Leyer - Recording Secretary

The meeting ended with some words that would have been better left best unsaid and were not really pertaining to results of the campaign trail.
    On a personal note I would like to thank Karin Immerman for running for president and my feelings are, you are a huge asset to the PHA and LIHSAA so keep up the good work. We need you in the trenches for us!!!!

[This message was edited by Gold Dust on Nov. 06, 2001 at 01:10 PM.]
    Stevie Nicks

Since we have sooo many meetings, how about a 50/50 raffle at them? If 10 peeps are at a meeting and we each put in $5 we would raise $25 at that meeting. More peeps, then less money could be put in. Details could be worked out. No good??

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose."
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

Great idea Janet. I know of many clubs that do that at their monthly meeting and generate descent money over time. $25.00 adds up month to month.
    What about those seminars we had? The one with George Morris and the one with the judge. Linda A.[won't even attempt to spell her name] That one was really great. Remember, she brought some old tapes of Roxdene and other horses ad we all judged the first year class. Then she went over it with a fine tooth comb afterwards. We need to plan some more of these.!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

I was just gonna suggest more special guest appearances/seminars!! We can have several of those a year. About this Linda A person...did you say videos of Roxdene? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I totally missed that....can we invite her back? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I like Ponypulr's raffle idea too! And along that line, how about donations from tack shops, portrait artists, or indiviuals who can donate items that can be part of the raffle prizes?

Any idea from fellow BBers outside of LI? I know many of you read this thread....we would love some good ideas if you have them! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

that would raise a lot because there are a lot of people there...and do $25 each...that would be loads by the end of the evening....

if she had not done that, I doubt that anyone would have taken the election at all seriously...as for the comments afterwards--I also agree with Debbie that they were totally unnecessary, and might I add way out there. Insinuations that were made were very off base, and couldn't have been farther from the truth!! But if the truth be told, it would be much stranger than fiction in this case, not to mention, farce ! Congrats to Karin for keeping her cool under these very strange circumstances!

very sweet thank you !! Your good thoughts are warming my uh.. cockles..
    I have NO COMMENT concerning you know what....
    Brilyntrip

Man could that rake in some funding that night. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] anyone want to volunteer for that job [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] My plate is a little full already for that night!!

Anytime Karin !!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

Wish I knew what you all are talking about-I think I know, but not quite sure. Is it what we were talking about at the show last week? Please supply us outsiders with a few more clues-or is this just a ploy to get more people to the meetings? LOL.

Now, for my standing question-Was the keeper of the website there and did he have any idea when he is going to start doing his job again?

Because I am a lady and was raised properly I will not elaborate when you see gdust ask her she will fill you in. As for the points problem maybe a crank phone call would do the job I dunno.
    Brilyntrip

Do you mean the PHA mafia?????? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

Just what I thought-LOL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. O'Connor:
    if she had not done that, I doubt that anyone would have taken the election at all seriously.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree! YAAAAAYYYYYY Karin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

Ok, I have been trying to get on the LI website a couple of times today and havent had any luck doing so, I think maybe Micheal is doing his job updating it. I know not to get to excited about this because it could be just down for other reason, but it would be nice if it was because he is updating the charts. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

If I may ask...what is the website??? I haven't found it!!

Barb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    **BARB***

Gwen - it is LIHSAA.com.

LIHSAA website

Just looked--we have the same 3 points posted that we did in July...We didn't do much in that division w/Shoo Shoo over the summer, but I'm sure we got more than ONE ribbon all summer long!

I think it would be a good idea to break up the prize into three prizes. Might encourage more people to buy. Could work out 50-25/15/10.

I got the story about the meeting-guess now I don't have to ask golddust-

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The final speech of the night was very hurtful, not only to Karin, but to the PHA as well.

I don't think the PHA can afford any more damaging antics at this time.
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar