The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

All things Jamaican!

Irie Mon!

Natty Dread is one of Fav Bob Marley Songs and
    the name of my first little girl.nullNatty's Page
    \"Just when I thought I was out ,They pull me back in!\"
    -Sylvio Dante--\"The Sopranos\"

Despite what Sea Urchin is apparently telling people [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] my sn is Kryswyn NOT because Chris Wynne the rider/trainer from Virginia and I are having a hot/heavy/tawdry affair but because long ago and far away in Hawaii, 12 yo Kristina Perry thought it would be fun if she and I got a farm in Virginia and called it KrisWen (my name is Wendy). I went along with the idea but suggested we turn the vowels into 'y's to make it look more Celtic and less like 2 names.

Well, I bought the farm ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] without Kris) but I still liked the name. So in tribute to dreams that come true, I named it Kryswyn Farm and now my registered JRTCA kennel prefix is also Kryswyn!

So now you know! And if anyone knows Kris Perry who just graduated from CSU, please let me know!

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Just my first name.

Since my very first posts were quite controversial, I didn't want anybody to think I was "hiding" my identity. By combining my user name with my email address, and combining it with my hometown, anybody who REALLY wants to can figure out who I am.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I chose Dunhorse as my screen name because I have a dun quarter horse mare. Her registered name is Czarina of Apirl, which is awful. So the name could not come from there! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I also really enjoy coat color genetics, so my sn ties into that also.

God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses.
    ~R. Graham
    God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses.
    ~R. Graham

is my horse's show name [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

and oh so self explanatory-my horse's name is really Will O'the Wisp, but he is my little black horse [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .....and I call him that a lot, it suits him. He looks like a pony, though he's 16 hh-it's the mane that sticks straight up I think. I was going to go with the jamaican theme somehow-had acutally thought of Natty Dread or something...or Marley ...thought lilblackhorse would be a little more anonymous than my name, which is what i used for years on Equisearch!
    aimee

"If you haven't gotten where you're going,you probably aren't there yet."-George Carlin
    Ellipses users clique ...
    TGFPT,HYOOTGP

Mine is fiero.... which is Italian for "fire" ... and I don't know why I chose it....

* Fiero *

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

One of the first BBs that I visited was in the middle of a flame against eventers (you know we all jump the legs off our horses over those 5' brick walls, don't ya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ). Anyway, to set this person straight on her facts, I used the name Training Level Eventer... which is what I was. just shortened it to tle. Well, I got a lot of posts when I moved up to prelim that I need to change it to 'ple', but I don't like that. And besides, while my last name may not begin with an E, my first and middle names are TL. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If Dressage is a Symphony... Eventing is Rock & Roll!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

CS =
    CrossStone Manor (farm name)

Cross Stones are a unique stone formation only found in 2 places in the world.. our town just happens to be one of the 2 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

One day while working for a wonderful equine vet in Scottsdale, Arizona, the phone rang and an old cowboy asked me to pass on this message:

"Tell Doc ol' Buck's got a hitch in his getalong."

And I passed on the message and the Doc smiled and said "His stifle's locking up again."

Whenever I get the cold weather aches, I just rub it where it hurts and complain about having a hitchinmygetalong!
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

When I got married to Mr. Wicky, I told my stepdaughter that I was going to be the wicked stepmother, and she's called me Wicky ever since. She's 19 now, and her friends at college can't believe what she calls me... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I actually remember you saying that earlier, and, I admit it.. I swiped it. I call my dad's wife, "Wicky," now too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] What can I say, you're inspiring? She loves it - whenever she calls, she identifies herself as, "The Wicked Stepmother, but you can call me 'Wicky.'"
    ---------
    Delighted Studios - I\'m not too proud to beg.

My farm is Drifting Cloud Farm.

Plus, I have a "thing" for clouds and the name has kind of a cool, Indian-sounding ring to it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    \"So shines a good deed in a weary world\" - Willy Wonka

Serendipity is good fortune or good luck...and I feel as though I've had a lot of that in my life so it's appropriate. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I also used it as our farm name (when we had one) and plan to use it again (when we have one). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

=^+^=

I'm boring. My first name is Karina, my last name starts with H, and the numbers are my wedding anniversary.
    Just because I have a short attention span doesn\'t mean I

I have to say, I'm not very original either. Maybe this name wil be famous one day<yeah right>. First name+first letter of last name

I don't deny who I am, I just laugh about it.

Jess
    Jess

I had a trainer who could never figure out my mare's name (Bella Bambina or just Bella) and kept calling her Bells.

Rose

Duffy was our first family dog, who adopted us one Sunday. The second Duffy in my life was the first beautiful horse I ever rode. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Sonesta Farms. Always easy to tell who I am for real, so it makes me VERY careful what I post. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Rebecca www.sonestafarms.com
    "Find something you love & call it work."
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I sold the horse last year, but can't get rid of the user name!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"If you can't beat 'em with brains, beat 'em with bullshit!"
    - Tommy Serio, 2001