The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hah. Actually, I'm pretty mood (me? Nooooo!).

It came from my first three horses: Andy's Delight, Mr Ebony's Delight, and Just Delighted. The first two were coincidences - Andy came with the name, and, when we looked at Boogie's papers, he was a Delighted too. Just Delighted got renamed to that, because I didn't like the name "Billy" for a big, buff QH. My fat mare's first baby will have a Delighted in there somewhere - maybe Delighted's Lift Me Up, or something.. I'll have to wait and see.

Wow, too much info, huh?
    ---------
    Delighted Studios - I\'m not too proud to beg.

another no-brainer. Nylar was the horse I leased in high school, and the one that I had when I first started coming online, so it's been my sn for just about everything.

"Technology is my friend, and sooner or later I will beat my friend into submission."

Is that the same Cure the Blues that Kris Yankula started?

I remember when he was a pre-green horse. He was lovely.

Kismet is my horse's name [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

One day I made a screen name using Kismet and ever since, every user name has been Kismet.
    Then when I came to buying a website address, Kismet was not avaliable.
    So then we used one of Kismet's nicknames, Kismerella.
    Now I have a few user names with Kismerella.

Thrilling story, eh? lol

Michelle
    www.kismerella.com
    Mishi

Serengeti, i'm not even going to comment, that's his name and the 36 came from my email address and where that 36 came from was from teh 336 in the screename before that. Where that came from, no one knows.

marion

My treasures do not chink or glitter...They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night." -Bedouin Proverb
    marion

\"The judge didn\'t happen to hurl his pen over his shoulder at that moment did he?\"

These are awesome, they're really cool to read [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ErinB - those are some funny stories, and eerily similar to the way my sister and I interacted (and still do).

Rubs not Pats - that is SOOO cute! A filly at my camp a few years back would, like, harrass you until you gave her a good rub, so she got plenty of nicknames, hehe.

I use emmapony for basically everything, my AOL is Emmapony84, my diaryland is emmapony... etc. My boyfriend uses 'hoison' because his last name is Herson but everyone but me calls him Hoison. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

*EMMA*
    http://emmapony.diaryland.com

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

You will see me riding the real "BUMPKIN", she was named for the ponies in the Hobbit, I think there was a Lumpkin, Bumpkin and ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Not a Country Bumpkin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Her show name was Pantomine and her racing name was Fallacy's Hope (Pan Man x Miss Fallacy).

I prob should change my name to "Elliot" since he is my replacement for Bumpkin after pining for her for 20 years...but I have been Bumpkin on here forever it seems. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here is part of the Poem in the Hobbit...

Tom Bombadil's songs

Hey! now! Come hoy now! Whither do you wander?
    Up, down, near or far, here, there or yonder?
    Sharp-ears, Wise-nose, Swish-tail and Bumpkin,
    White-socks my little lad, and old Fatty Lumpkin?

[This message was edited by Bumpkin on Dec. 10, 2001 at 02:08 AM.]

Sprite is my mare's barn name. Short and sweet, just like her! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

My horse's showname is Moonlight Serenade, I just used the Serenade part...I guess b/c it's shorter? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I might've just started showing her as Serenade, but someone stole it from me last year. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    \"Never give up on something you can\'t go one day without thinking about.\" ~Albert Einstein

Jumphigh...well duh! and 83, the year my horse was born!

Betsy
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way...
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

I guess mine is pretty much self-explanatory (and boring!) I can only say that I'd never spent any time on a BB before and I didn't lurk for very long here before beginning to post, so I had no idea that people used names not their own.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably choose something more fun or exciting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hehe.....my horse's barn name is Elliott and he's my baby [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So Intent Guest

Mine's pretty easy... Chief's show name is Simply Irresistable. I would have used the name Chief, but there was already a Chef on the boards, and that would have confused me too much. Though sometimes, I do with I had chosen something a little shorter or easier to spell... oh well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Horse's name here also. I use his name for everything - even in classes where you have to pick code names for your grades to be posted to.

Mine is my horsey's name...
    -Megan

Mine is the first horse that I seriously started to lease, the first horse that taught me to jump 2'6" and the first horse that took me to my first A rated horse show EVER.

PepTalk- 11 year old chestnut QH gelding.

Boring, huh?!

Mine is neat but no-one realizes it. Boss Hoss is ancient hep-cat daddy-O teenager slang for a fast, cool car.
    Also a tounge-in-cheek reference to "Alpha Mare".
    And it's stayed because it's the first out of a bazillion that 'worked' after COTH had a huge name-scrambling session a few years ago!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Daytime Drama is my first horse's show name. It fit him so well, and I love it!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Christina~
    "I don't patronize bunny rabbits!" -Heathers
    *Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

Mine is just my initials. The first few I tried were taken and I was tired and grumpy and totally unoriginal that night, so I just did me.

Laurie

------------------------------------------------------

I'm not confused, I'm just well mixed.
    - Robert Frost -

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

The first letter of my first name, combined with most of my last name, is close enough to being dublin that that's what I use. Also, I love Ireland! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*