The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Horse's name. She's a racehorse and still running. Very short with a big blaze.

I own a crazy gray horse.

Jester is my horses name, he's the best. I went from BN all the way to attempting my first Prelim with him. Now he is the mom sitter, he gets to go around Beg. Novice and Novice with my mom, she hasn't evented in almost 5 years.
    R.I.P. Bourneville Jester 12/06/06

Horse I knew of a while back. Second, my ex-pinochle partner nicknamed me
    Drifter, because I didn't always help him enough! I'd "drift" along!

I'm short and my birthday is June 28th, so there's the shorty and 6/28.

The super part though.. it just sounded cool.

MHJ = Melissa Hare Jones
    Littlefield is my farm name... Looking around the first one I bought for something that stood out, I thought, "Well, all I see is a little field." Bingo.
    ----------------
    What we hope ever to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence.
    - Samuel Jackson

Gazenna.... I burrowed this name from my 31 year old Arab Gazenna.

Mines pretty self exp. Alysheba was the horse that got me watching horse racing. His '87 KD win is still one of the best I have ever seen...stumbling, almost falling, than going on to win....

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2005/de...ears/1987.html
    I've got the 3 things men want. I'm hot, and I'm smart!

-The 6th Member Of The Bareback Riders Clique-

I have American Saddlebreds - and I LOVE to see and ride them them in various disciplines such as dressage, jumping, eventing, western, et al...

Hence...VersatileASB!!!

I grew up in St. Louis, and when I was 8 we took a vacation down Route 66 to The Grand Canyon. It was the first time I realized that you didn't have to be on TV to own a horse; REAL people actually owned them! Of course I was in love with Little Joe on Bonanza..

I got online back in '95 when the Internet was still kinda "new." I needed a name, and the 50th anniversary of Route 66 was coming up. This fascinated me, and I also love Asleep At The Wheel's version of "Get Your Kicks on Route 66."

So I became "Rt66Kix" as in "Route 66 Kicks"!
    Barbara www.customstockties.com
    Tulsa-QH; Schnickelfritz-Holsteiner; Atikus-Danish Warmblood; Buddy-QH/TB; Winston-Shire; Thomas-Percheron/TB; Mac-Belgian Draft, gone but never forgotten

SLW are the initials for "Skips Last Warrior", the dumbest gelding I ever owned, shudda been named "Perpetual Panic Attack". Had him back when I joined the board ages ago. I really do need to change it.....

charlieo is the name of my 35yr QH gelding (reg as Goucher's Charge). He and I are both over the hill
    " ...the mist parted, and there was a green land under a swift sunrise." J.R.R. Tolkien, Return of the King

This is so dumb. I was just going to use my name Susan but it was already taken and I had no imagination at the time so I added my last name initial. Wow, I'm so creative.

After reading everyone else's names I think I should have chosen another name just for spice. Ah, no, not SPICE, not a SPICE GIRL, ha ha.

Maybe a good name for me would have been SpinandFallover? That sounds like me. Or, WhyDoIHaveHorses yeah that's appropriate. Maybe it could have been Bought the Farm because I keep wondering why I did. I'm here as Susan P good or bad, and when I make enough enemies and you see me gone and one of these names appear you'll know who it really is. In the meantime, guess I'll just take my lumps along with my friends who make it all worthwhile, like Charlieo.

I recently got my second horse, and didn't sell the first. I'm quite proficient in French (I even dream in it).

Jaideux, broken down, is actually "j'ai deux", which translates into "I have two". I didn't want to slight either of my boys in picking a name. It's bad enough my screen name and blog are named after my first horse, but I couldn't just NOT include him in this (I'm uber-sensitive to not abandoning him in any way, shape, or form, because he is a horse I would rather keep forever and never ride, than have the "best" horse in the world but be without him.)

Not so clever in English, but awesome in French, I think.

I like the french one! My screen name is my "first" horse. I bought her for a dollar because she was...crazy, and I was worried what would happen to her as a lesson horse (her job at the time). She was a never made it to the track racehorse, and when she arrived at the lesson barn, she was a filly. They ended up calling her "the filly" for almost 8 years! I decided that couldn't be her show name--but none of the other names we called her were very nice! (see above reference to her being crazy). So we decided that she was a "misfit"--we came up with the spelling because "fit" in the UK means attractive and she was GORGEOUS. So gorgeous AND crazy "Mis(s)fit"!
    (I was tempted to name her "Nuts and Bolts" but didn't want her to get the idea that she should continue with that sort of behaviour.)

Greytown, New Zealand (a blip on the landscape really :))

Because after all these years and all the horses that I have owned or sat on or taught - I am "still working on it" and I will be the day I stop riding or hanging around with horses - which will be the day that I die.

Also, my sister would always say to people when asked if she could ride yet "still working on it" and by using that name, I honour her memory as she was fatally injured one night in a traffic accident going to feed the horse that I inherited off her

Smile

Marshmallow is my 4 year old daughters pony.