The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

In lieu of the huffiness in response to 'most annoying username', I was thinking we could all post with what our usernames mean, no matter how petty or how deep the analysis might be [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Should be fun, especially some of the alter egos!
    I'll go first- it doesn't REALLY mean anything, since I don't have a pony, but when I was little and I would go galloping around the house jumping footstools my dad would call me 'Emma Pony'.

*EMMA*
    http://emmapony.diaryland.com

In lieu of the huffiness in response to 'most annoying username', I was thinking we could all post with what our usernames mean, no matter how petty or how deep the analysis might be [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Should be fun, especially some of the alter egos!
    I'll go first- it doesn't REALLY mean anything, since I don't have a pony, but when I was little and I would go galloping around the house jumping footstools my dad would call me 'Emma Pony'.

*EMMA*
    http://emmapony.diaryland.com

Jo's my name. The AKA part changes when I feel like it, it's pretty self explanatory. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<Disclaimer: School has fried my brain. If the above post is somehow incoherent or otherwise obnoxious, deal with it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] >

Its the show name of a horsey a used to ride a few years ago.

P.S.- anyone seen this mare???

-Amanda

"do you believe in rock and roll? Can music save your mortal soul?"

When I got my new horse I had to find a name for him. While watching tv one night, I saw a commerical for Chevy trucks, complete with Duramax diesel engines. I liked it, and then used his name as my name! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<<Member of Disgruntled College Students Clique>>

It was my very first horse's show name [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Seven Down Four to go...it doesn't seem like that many, but geez an eternity to me. What do you guys think of the name Traveling Light??

[Edited signature line to make page not so wide]

[This message was edited by Portia on Dec. 11, 2001 at 11:32 AM.]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

I have no originality, and i was in a good mood so...

"It is amazing that horses, or any animal for that matter, choose to love us, for we will never deserve it"
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

I'm Cure the Blues "mom"

daisy-my horse
    comet-my old pony
    2000-well i created my TH name in 2000 so i just kept 2000

xoxo,
    Angie n Puzzle Pieces
    xoxo,
    Angie &Puzzle Pieces &Bailey

My name derives from one of my other hobbies - competitive aerobatics, aka akro [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm 16 and I'm stupid?

dumb as a box of rocks, but w/ REALLY nice horses....

and btw Mr. Balch, my GPA was not made after 11/7/01. What'ya gunna do about it?
    Um, I don\'t spell check. Deal with it.

Wellll...

My name is Kate and when I was a little kid my older brothers and sister called me Katy O'Grady Potatey Head. Inexplicably. Our surname is NOT O'Grady. Sometimes this name was alternated with Katy O'Grady The Cleaning Lady.

I made the mistake of telling a college friend of mine about this name, and now everyone calls me Potato Head. Anyway, KatyO is a take-off on all that.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    "Men tended to discount the capacity of animals to enact, often with considerable panache, the foulest of crimes and the most daring stunts." --Michael Chabon

Smile! It won't mess up your hair!

KatyO, I used to call my sister "Katy the Reading Lady" because she was always reading. Soon that transformed into "Katy, Katy, reading lady, sitting on the potty". Oh, the originality...

As for my username, I'm a Spaz and I like numbers, so I just added 00. I'm sure if you ask anyone, they will agree that I am surely a Spaz.

http://jrsclique.proboards.com/index.cgi
    Junior Clique!

*I never said I was a nice, caring, and sympathetic to the silly inane and idiotic.*

Well, Sparky was one of my favorite school horses of all times. He would make you work to get him going in your lessons, but the second you got on him bareback or took him to a horse show he acted like a kid. He was in his late 30s when he died, and I was soooo sad. It was a huge loss for our barn. ::sniff sniff:: And the Christmas parties have not been the same since. No more Sparky drinking beer and Schnapps and racing around like a "young buck."

22 is my former basketball number. Played in high school, and was my main comfort when everyone was down in FL all winter long. I would still go to the barn, but often there were no horses to be ridden, so bball is like my horse...lol. It was my substitution.

~~Kate~~

"Date equestrians, the rest are just players" Haha...suuuuuure!

Ride like a champ!
    --------------------------
    I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest
    -- John Keats

I feel for your sister. I'm just glad that the word "potty" didn't make it into my childhood nickname. It's bad enough as it is!
    "Men tended to discount the capacity of animals to enact, often with considerable panache, the foulest of crimes and the most daring stunts." --Michael Chabon

Smile! It won't mess up your hair!

I have a weanling filly who really loves to be rubbed. When she was real small got very upset when you would pat her. So for her barn name she is "Rubs Not Pats" or just Rubs for short. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Lisa Coletto
    Standing Elite Hanoverian stallion, Cabalito
    www.pecannuts@aol.com

Mine is pretty self-explanatory. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Although now I wish I'd chosen something more original so I wasn't constantly confused with Erin the moderator (not that it's a BAD thing...), but I'm used to this one! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Erin
    "It's a long day living in Reseda
    There's a freeway running through the yard
    He's a bad boy 'cause he doesn't even miss her
    He's a bad boy for breaking her heart..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Soon that transformed into "Katy, Katy, reading lady, sitting on the potty". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, when I was younger, I used to torture my little sister. Once I took a picture of her in the bathtub, once I got her to pose naked [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] and once sitting on the "potty:. Before I realized that the people who develop the pictures can see them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I also convinced her that when she was a baby she fell off the Empire State Building, and that for her first birthday we took her to Antarctica and rented an igloo. Then there was the "brain game" I played with her... when she was good, I'd call her "football brain" or "bathtub brain" or when she was REALLY good, "washing machine brain" (ie, "your brain is so big, it is the size of a washing machine). But when she annoyed me, I'd call her "peanut brain" or "lint ball brain". Relatives were concerned that she took "boat brain" as the highest compliment and would cry if she got called "ant brain".

Oh yeah, and then there was the time I somehow convinced her to take a walk down the road with my friend and I wearing nothing but her bathrobe... and then yanking off the bathrobe when we got to the community clubhouse... whereupon she ran home shrieking clad only in her underpants...

And we also used to have an ongoing joke calling each other "pig" and "cow" (humorous I suppose because we're both skinny). That started like 8 years ago and to this day my nickname is Piggy (hence my AOL screen name).

I could go on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Erin
    "It's a long day living in Reseda
    There's a freeway running through the yard
    He's a bad boy 'cause he doesn't even miss her
    He's a bad boy for breaking her heart..."

Mine is cause I got Spirit when cheering on peops from my barn at horse shows or when I'm at school athletic events.

i also have boundless energy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Disgruntled College Students Clique ROCKS!!!!!
    Proud Bubblehead for 8 years
    The Former Shareasmile

I'm not original....my name is Natalie. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."