The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

A great book I read twice while in high school is Perdita by Isabelle Holland. It is out of print but I know ther are copies out there. It's a very horsey book with some mild romance and a mystery plotline. Awesome book!

Colbybean - what kind of horsey? Showing? Training? Pasture?
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

I am working on a new horse-related book - has to do with life on the A Circuit.

I would love to chat with anyone who is interested - I am still defining the precise outline for the book but hope to be writing very soon. My email address is rrpt@earthlink.net.

There wasa book called, i believe, "theshow gypsies", which i had seen reviewedin COTH, it had more todowith jumpers andwasdefinitely fiction.also, "The year of the horse", if you can still find itis an indictment of the equitation division, I believe that Disneymade a movie based on it. aall i remember is agrey horse named "Aspercel', does anyone remember the name of the movie?i don't know that i ever saw it in full, only certain jumping scenes. Try "The horse in the grey flannel suit", though the book had the other title "yearof the horse". has Jody jaffee written any?I haveeeral themes and "plots'i would like to suggesttoher ;

breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a momento enjoy!, and give thanks for thesewonderful horses in our lives
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poltroon:
    Colbybean - what kind of horsey? Showing? Training? Pasture?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I remember correctly it was mostly about a teenaged girl with amnesia who starts to work at a horse farm, and starts to fall in love with the owner/trainer. There is a little bit about showing in it, but not much. Cute book though. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Monday Horses was good. I read it in the 80's..it is about the A circuit and juniors. Can't remember who wrote it.

There is a second "Year of the Horse" by Diana Walker that has a girl who meets her horsey neighbor and discovers the show circuit. It is very good, but it is not the same book that goes with "The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit."
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

"The Monday Horses" by Jean Slaughter Doty. A little more young adult oriented than her other wonderful children's stories "Summer Pony", "Winter Pony", and "The Crumb".

"The Crumb" and "The Monday Horses" both involve shady happenings on the show circuit.