The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I know about the MJ threads, but who was PV? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Did I miss something?

~Erin
    "It's a long day living in Reseda
    There's a freeway running through the yard
    He's a bad boy 'cause he doesn't even miss her
    He's a bad boy for breaking her heart..."

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - MOESHA'S BB MOVIE THREAD AND ANY THREAD THAT PUTS DOWN SEA URCHIN.
    2. Thread that has impacted you the most - SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS AT WIHS [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    3. Thread that just wouldn't die - ALEX TREBEK'S TRIVIA THREAD.
    4. Thread that you wish had never died - MOESHA'S BB MOVIE THREAD AND 2000 DRUNKEN BRAWL AT RALEIGH (STILL A CLASSIC)
    5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - COLIN AND ANYTHING INVOLVING INDIO.
    6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - RHYMES WITH ZOLIN
    7. Best username - MAD
    8. Most annoying username - ANYTHING THAT HAS NUMBERS
    9. Most inspirational poster - DMK/KACHOO/MOESHA
    10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - COLIN - DUH.
    11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - TACKY GIRTH, LOVETTSVILLE, ALEX TREBEK, MOESHA, COLIN, SLUGGER, SLUGGER'S TRAINER, HEIDI-HOE, SEA URCHIN
    12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - NOT SURE, DEFINITELY NOT COLIN, B/C I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE ENGAGED TO A MAN WHO PLAYED FOR A DIFFERENT TEAM
    13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - HEIDI-HOE, SUNNYSTRH, 'KLU, ROCKFORD, LEAPER3
    14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - I BELIEVE I AM ALREADY A MEMBER
    15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - C.BOYLEN'S ELCANA, LEAPER3'S SARATOGA TE AND ROCKFORD'S ROCKFORD...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
    16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - MOESHA AND SEA URCHIN ET AL.
    17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - WAY TOO MANY TO NAME
    18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - COLIN RIDING WITH TOMMY AT MIDDLEBURG, COLIN SHOWING PK AT MIDDLEBURG AND WATCHING SEA URCHIN GETTING TAKEN OFF WITH ON THE OUTSIDE COURSE 3-4 TIMES AT MIDDLEBURG. COLIN DIDN'T EMBARRASS ME NEARLY AS BADLY AS I WAS ANTICIPATING. ROLEXH BEING PREGNANT WAS ALSO PRETTY COOL.
    19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island" - SOME EVENTERS AND SOME JUNIORS
    20. Thing you would change most about the BB - IN THE DISCLAIMER THAT YOU HAVE TO "AGREE" TO WHEN YOU SIGN UP, HAVE SOMETHING IN THERE THAT STATES - NO ONE WHO SHOWS IN RUST BREECHES, TALL RUBBER BOOTS, UN-MONOGRAMMED CHOKERS, A SHOW BOW, OR SLEEVELSS SHOW SHIRT NEED POST - BUT WAIT, THEN COLIN AND SEA URCHIN COULDN'T POST! LOL - JUST KIDDING. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    21. What you like best about the BB - THE PLETHORA OF 25-ISH, STRAIGHT MALE RIDERS THAT POST HERE :ROLLEYES:
    22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? I WEAR THONGS EVERY DAY AND EVERY NIGHT, AND I WON'T EVEN CONSIDER WEARING A HELMET WITH A CHIN STRAP.
    23. In general - how was 2001 for you? CRAPTASTIC WITH A CAPITAL "C"

I love you too, VT! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"If you can't beat 'em with brains, beat 'em with bullshit!"
    - Tommy Serio, 2001

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chrissy:

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - DMK for her ability to have an opinion or comment on just about everything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It really is beyond terrifying, isn't it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island" - SOME EVENTERS AND SOME JUNIORS
    _<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, bring it, VTrider. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Robby, the eventer!
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I know about the MJ threads, but who was PV? Did I miss something? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    PV = Paul Valliere.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

VtRider, I totally agree, please these Eventing types think there all that and a bag of chips! But they are really a Side order of Slaw from the Roy Rogers fixing bar! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

girl, you know you're just trying to start some mess.

VTRider is in that preliminary state of confusion regarding her "riding lifestyle" and she's just overcompensating with her Hunter Princess-ness.

She's gone outside the box on the cutting horses. It's just a matter of time before she's leaving the starting box on XC.

And people, you CAN pick really tasteful and conservative XC colors!

Robby
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - There are so many. I would have to say anything Moesha/Laverne & Shirley started, the COTH BB Rescue the Horse effort, and kudos to LisaMarie's Miniwelsh is off the market thread.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - I was amazed at the 9/11 threads where it became apparent just how close we all really are. Also, all the help I received when tracking down my pony.

3. Thread that just wouldn't die - Anything naming a controversial professional.

4. Thread that you wish had never died - The Real Sex thread.

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - The thread about poor Seger's death.

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Me of course!

7. Best username - Princessperfectpiaffebubbleheadedprincess

8. Most annoying username - won't go there either...

9. Most inspirational poster - Janet/Everything But Wings/Coreene and Fairweather

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium -Jen West

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Moesha

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Teri Kessler

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Coreene, Showpony or Fred

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - Sheesh, it's obvious that I moved back from the midwest just to join the VA/MD clique!

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Lordhelpus/PamM

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Moesha/Margaret F/Lisamarie

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Too many to begin to count.

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - the marriage of Moesha and the Mexican

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - We've already chased them away

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - Add a junior board

21. What you like best about the BB - All my new friends and the great way to vent and share throughout the day

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? I will be buying an approved helmet.

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? I am praying 2002 is an improvement!

null

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robby Johnson:

Oh, bring it, VTrider. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Robby, the eventer!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh it's already been BROUGHTEN!

Moesha - Eventing = Tacky! Could they make themselves look more geeky? Why don't they get some pocket protectors for their safety vests?

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Peeps!

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - Horse Rescue

3. Thread that just wouldn't die - Christians

4. Thread that you wish had never died - Internet Horse Show

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - M_J

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Clarke County [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

7. Best username - Off Course

8. Most annoying username - pRiNcEsS

9. Most inspirational poster - Regina Pony

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium -I can't go there - some think it would be me!`

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Heidi

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Duffy

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Robby Johnson

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of -
    Skip [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Jair - If I got Lovely Alice, I would get to meet Jair, too!

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Louise
    17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Kennett Square, VTrider, Duffy, RumoursFollow, HN73, Clive's Mom, Fairweather, Elghund, Cactus Lil, Kryswyn, artienallie, Jane Ervin, Louise, Heidi, Jair, Robby Johnson, Morrissey, larosa90, Inverness, Moesha, Miss Xani, N2Jumpers, Hobson, Dru, Ryan, ErinB, correene, AHC, Colin, Sea Urchin, lisamarie8, dogchushu, Miniwelsh, Trixie, AnyplaceFarm, DMK, SoEasy, Portia, Heidi, kellybird, I am so fortunate I can't list them all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - Resurrection of The Peeps when needed to turn nastyness around [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - II annoy almost everyone at some time or another so I better not throw stones.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - Spell checker!
    21. What you like best about the BB - all the members, moderators included

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? The very first Middleburg Classic/Mosby's thread that encouraged me to come out and meet everyone. I am so glad I did!

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Good/Bad/Indifferent/Boring/Exciting/Devastatingly Sad/Incredibly Happy
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? The very first Middleburg Classic/Mosby's thread that encouraged me to come out and meet everyone. I am so glad I did!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just whow as responsible for that thread, miss Wings??????
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

- Tommy Serio, 2001

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveller, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;
    Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I thank you for it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Moesha ...

girl, you know you're just trying to start some mess.
    VTRider is in that preliminary state of confusion regarding her "riding lifestyle" and she's just overcompensating with her Hunter Princess-ness.

She's gone outside the box on the cutting horses. It's just a matter of time before she's leaving the starting box on XC.

And people, you CAN pick really tasteful and conservative XC colors!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... what Robby said!!

Oh, and you DON'T want to go into tackyland, dear. Can we say "colors that look like mixed up baby barf?". Puleeze!

If Dressage is a Symphony... Eventing is Rock & Roll!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tle:
    Yeah... what Robby said!!

Oh, and you DON'T want to go into tackyland, dear. Can we say "colors that look like mixed up baby barf?". Puleeze!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh it is ON!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey tle, why do you need letters to help you around a ring? Can't you just remember in your Training Level Test 1 where to make your 20-meter circles?

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey tle, why do you need letters to help you around a ring? Can't you just remember in your Training Level Test 1 where to make your 20-meter circles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why of course I can, dear. Those letters are for the judges! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Now, I could come back and ask why you need to have a fence to keep you IN the ring and pitty that you were never taught to count higher than 8,.... but I think I'll be nice. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If Dressage is a Symphony... Eventing is Rock & Roll!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Oh please Miss Thing! You need to go and sit back down next to the Horse Radish sauce on that fixin's bar! You are not out breezing somewhere so don't even try to throw if you can't catch it and send it on home! 5 faults for a rail, Alphabet soup, weird hat cover wearing primary finger paint decked out Tobiano looking self! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

sees the kind things posted about her and tears up.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

How blessed we are to have found such wonderful friend, whether they be in person, via phone or online.

Big Gold Star for COTH and our Chief Cat Herder!!!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Now, I could come back and ask why you need to have a fence to keep you IN the ring and pitty that you were never taught to count higher than 8,.... but I think I'll be nice. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) Middleburg Classic Outside Course. Many show venues don't have room for outside courses. But everyone I know would fair just fine on them.
    2) Classics can have 12 jumps in them!

Why do y'all flag your warm-up jumps? Are you too dumb not to know which way to jump a ramped oxer? Also, why do y'all want to jump jumps that don't come down if your horse hits them? Answer that one for me?!?!?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I think eventers and hunters have a lot more in common than you think.

Who do you think we sell our bad jumpers to, VT??? I mean, really......these eventers provide good homes for some of our pukes! We should be nicer to them.

- Tommy Serio, 2001