The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
    It's a slow Friday here in my cubicle. And it's 12/7 - so I think we can start reflecting on the year of 2001.

Reply by quoting the following list and adding the answers in your reply.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Anything to do with 9/11. Oh, my God, what a horrible horrible day.
    2. Thread that has impacted you the most - Anything to do with ametures.
    3. Thread that just wouldn't die - I hate to say this, but the HELMET THREADS!
    4. Thread that you wish had never died - The COTH Virtel Horse Show. Those pictures were awesome!
    5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - Anything that has Colin, Moesha, VTRider etc., becuase I know it's going to get crazy!
    6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Colin, Moesha, VTRider etc.
    7. Best username - Kachoo because whenever I see that, I think "Bless You!" Kachoo sounds like Achoo so... Yes, I know I am crazy.
    8. Most annoying username - Oblivous Jumper
    9. Most inspirational poster - Inverness, CTT, Janet, tle, Reginapony. There are so many, I can't choose!
    10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Colin/Moesha
    11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Kachoo's becuase they are SO d*mn funny!
    12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Janet, Jair or Robby Johnson's. I can't choose!
    13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Janet, Jair or Robby Johnson's. Again, I can't choose!
    14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - The Baby Green Clique.
    15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Flash 44's, LordHelpUs's, Jair's, Kachhoo's, Chef's, Merry's and many more that I have forgotten right now.
    16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Reginapony's becuase I know that she is still kicking the cancer's ass and won't ever give up and Kachoo's because they are so d*mn funny!
    17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - I haven't met anybody from this BB (yet), so I can't say.
    18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - The COTH Virtel Horse Show and most importantly, the thread that found ALL the people who were living/working in New York on 9/11. It made me feel SO much better to find out that we hadn't lost anybody who posts on this BB.
    19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - I am not going there because I don't want to offend people.
    20. Thing you would change most about the BB - To not have 20,000 topics on the same thing (i.e. helmets, etc.)
    21. What you like best about the BB - That, when I ask a serious question, I will get a serious answer from sombody (no matter how stupid sounding the question was.)
    22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? 9/11, by far. Just want to say Thank You and Happy Holidays to all the servicemembers that are overseas right now fighting in the war. Thank you for leaving your family for the Holidays, thank you for risking your life, thank you for giving me the chance to write this in a free country, thank you for giving and protecting in the name of freedom and thank you SO much for just being there when we need you most. To you, it may seem like just a job, but to me it means that I can breathe a little easier, knowing that you guys are out there fighting in the name of freedom. To ALL the servicemembers, I wish you guys a sfe ride home.

23. In general - how was 2001 for you?
    It was going well, until 9/11/2001. Then the world changed. I hope for Peace on Earth in 2002. Good Luck to everybody next year and be thankful for what you have. What a year...

Have a super weekend!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - all the ones about the hunters from the days of old.
    2. Thread that has impacted you the most - ???
    3. Thread that just wouldn't die - christian equestrian... choke me with a spatula [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    4. Thread that you wish had never died - the one that talked about how cute my horsey is!! Oh wait, I was pretty much the only one contributing...
    5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - the christian equestrian one
    6. Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights - VTrider and Spaz
    7. Best username - Lord Helpus!!
    8. Most annoying username - Feathered Bubble Head... sorry, nothing against you, its just that the name makes me imagine someone with a chicken duct taped to their helmet.
    9. Most inspirational poster - ???
    10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - ErinB and Spaz
    11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Spaz.. she's a freak, but that makes her interesting.
    12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - tle!! I'm a fan!
    13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Portia
    14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - uhhh... i'm happy with my current cliques.
    15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - tle's
    16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Spaz... geesh, you sure are getting a lot of votes from me. Did I mention how much I love your brother??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    17. Most Valuable Friend that you have gained as a result of this BB - Nickelodian
    18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - the GM "classes"
    19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island" - ooo, thats harsh.
    20. Thing you would change most about the BB - get rid of the snotty juniors. The cool ones can stay, the rest *boot* kicked to the curb.
    21. What you like best about the BB - the people of course
    22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? umm, i dont think so...
    23. In general - how was 2001 for you? iiiiinteresting, veddy iiiiinteresting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Amanda

"do you believe in rock and roll? Can music save your mortal soul?"

Just saw my post and I have to correct two things real quick.

# 20. Should have read 20,000 threads on the same topic, not 20,000 topics on the same thing.

# 22. The last line should have read: To ALL the servicemembers, I wish you guys a SAFE ride home, not sfe.

My fault! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

posted Dec. 07, 2001 09:57 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a slow Friday here in my cubicle. And it's 12/7 - so I think we can start reflecting on the year of 2001.
    Reply by quoting the following list and adding the answers in your reply.

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - The Virtual Horseshow classes for the charity
    2. Thread that has impacted you the most - ? Bush opens a can of whoop a$$
    3. Thread that just wouldn't die - Helmet threads
    4. Thread that you wish had never died - Bush vs Gore
    5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - ?
    6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - ?
    7. Best username - Sea Urchin - so exotic
    8. Most annoying username - anything with a ~~*&%$ in it?
    9. Most inspirational poster - Hobson!!!!
    10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - ?
    11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - TLE (awesome clinic/event stories)
    12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Kachoo - (you do all those neat horseshows and get to travel!)
    13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Hobson
    14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - Junior so I can be young again my peeps - yo outta here?
    15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - rumours follow - what a cute horsey!
    16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - VTrider
    17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Hobson - she's the ultimate liberal!
    18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - The virtual horseshow
    19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - IlonaE who called me a witchy witch (just kidding!)
    20. Thing you would change most about the BB - ?
    21. What you like best about the BB - funny
    22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? yup, I can't eat baby quiche, baby carrots or peeps anymore, and I have exotic dreams about fabio spraying me with butter spray
    23. In general - how was 2001 for you? a good year
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The witchy witch witch of south central NC.
    The witchy witch witch of south central NC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - VTrider <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bless you both [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood -
    Wingsy, or Heidi, or coreene, or Jair, or Kachoo, or Tin, or Beezer, or Merry, or hobson, or Bumpkin, or Kellybird, or ... There's too many to name.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw shucks, thanks Portia right back atcha!!! Never expected to see my name on here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<Day 2 of 3 months stall rest, 3 months of not neighing and 6 weeks until he can be hand walked >
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - tle!! I'm a fan!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a fan! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I have a fan! (I feel like Steve Martin jumping up and down screaming about the new phone books arriving). Thanks MsR.

Magnolia... ok, you realize with that answer you've asked for even more stories! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If Dressage is a Symphony... Eventing is Rock & Roll!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year
    Question for Merry - this thread had six degrees of Kevin Bacon, brought back so many memories, brought old friends back together, brought new friends together and showed just how many wild ho-bags we've got here when let loose with a few margaritas!

2. Thread that has impacted you the most

All the threads about 9/11, but especially the one where we couldn't find In Why Cee and other "missing" BBers.

3. Thread that just wouldn't die

Horsey Christians and Paul V

4. Thread that you wish had never died

Moesha's soap opera

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares

Paul V and all those ratbaggy whiny posts about helmets

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights

You mean I have to narrow it down to one person? Oooooh, the pain!

7. Best username

In Why Cee, Findeight

8. Most annoying username

Can't say that, it would be rude

9. Most inspirational poster

So many! Weatherford, Dru, Portia's legal finesse, Linda Allen's Uber Expertise, and on and on

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium

Darling Colin and Moesha - but only if they share all their news with daily reports!!

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading

Weatherford, Dublin, Portia, Merry and Beezer

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life

Linda Allen

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person

Well I have been fortunate enough to meet the darling Chef (at my own office no less) and Merry. Taryn and I board at the same barn, so I get to see her a few times a week! Khobstetter gave my brother and I our very first hunt seat lessons! AAJumper, Akrogirl and Cactuskate met up with Taryn and me at The Oaks, where we just missed Chef and N2Jumper. Dublin and I are possibly going to meet soon, and as many BBers as possible will be having dinner at Indio!

And MAD and I are on the phone a lot, which introduced me to Alice Debaney which hooked me up with Princess Haya, who is SUCH a doll for everything she did getting our team down to Madrid!

But the list of BBers I want to meet is endless. Everyone I email, everyone who I have posted "with" and pretty much everyone else, as well. Can't we have a big party at Devon one year?

And Dru has not only become a dear friend, but always keeps everyone here up to date on the latest with approved helmets.

But NOT Dude, although he is not actually a BBer.

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of

But I already AM in the California clique!

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for

Oh, I no longer do jumpers, only do dressage.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood

The list is endless!

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB

I can't narrow this down to one person, I just love my BB friends so much, but I am closest to Dublin

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year

Flashing GM the thong!

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island"

I would be a meanie if I listed them - but pretty much everyone here is great

20. Thing you would change most about the BB

I wish it would play music when you clicked on. Like "You Shook Me All Night Long.

21. What you like best about the BB

How much I have learned from everyone's else's vast experience. Ane the poeple I have met, have "met" online, and have re-met!

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live?

I am now even more of a bitch about wearing approved helmets that I was before.

Every day that we are blessed with is a gift.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - You're so Vain part one and the sequel;

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - Who could have imagined that a singular thread, announcing the crash of the first plane into the WTC, on the morning of September 11th will be forever etched in my mind;

3. Thread that just wouldn't die - Must agree, the Christians who ride;

4. Thread that you wish had never died - Any thread, rightfully, teasing Jair [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ;

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - Without a doubt the terribly upsetting MJ thread;

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights - Oh, that'd be me;

7. Best username - Everythingbutwings, Sea Urchin, Egon Trip, Velveeta;

8. Most annoying username - Any that's misspelt;

9. Most inspirational poster - There are so many wonderfully witty, intelligent, compassionate and informative posters on this BB, so I hope no one's offended if they're not included.

-For their intelligence, wit, and because I can envision the sh*t-eating grins on their faces when they brilliantly instruct someone to stuff themselves... DMK, hobson, Inverness, Canter;

-For their compassion, grace, and strength of character...Louise, Wingsy, Duffy, Beezer, Jair, Lordhelpus, Robby Johnson;

-Those who I'd adopt as a younger sister...VTRider, Tin, slugger, dogchushu, miniwelsh, kachoo, Erin, lisamarie8; I'd include Colin here but would bankrupt myself bailing her out of jail;

-My virtual younger brothers...Jair, Robby Johnson, Moesha;

-My virtual grandfather...Sea Urchin;

-Juniors whom I'd like to claim as my own kids, though needless to say, I am much too young to be their mother...Becca, Kellybird, ClipClop, JumpTheMoon, 'nButter;

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - Hmmm...

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - DMK, Merry, Robby Johnson, Jair, Jeb (where the hell is he, BTW);

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - Would I have to wear a small strap-on if I choose Jair? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Oh so many. The CA cliquesters, Merry, Beezer, Coreene, Dublin, Justalurker, AAJumper; the Virginians/Marylanders, ETBW, Inverness, MargaretF, Moesha; the Southern Belles, DMK, Portia, Lordhelpus, M O'Connor, vineyridge; and of course I need to get myself to Ireland to horse-shop with Weatherford. I'd like to be the Jack Kerouac of the BB next year and take to the road to meet so many of you.

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - The Anti Helmet-Thread Clique;

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - No doubt, mazzy's;

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Fred, Quinn, ETBW, Louise, and okay, Jair;

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Canter and Duffy as I've actually spent some time with them;

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - September 11th.

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - I've exercised my god-like powers and evicted "Gretel" off the island and she's floating on an inflatable raft to New Jersey, as we speak.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - Fewer regurgitated threads;

21. What you like best about the BB - The camraderie, the debates, the wit, the information, the banter. The posters define this BB and the greatness of the COTH BB is truly a reflection of how awesomely wonderful so many of you are;

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? I no longer have pantylines;

Well, as I age, it seems my children do too. I'm shocked that my daughter (my first baby) is on the verge of adolescence and that Sumo will turn 4 (oh sniff, sniff) in less than two weeks time.

I am reminded, though, with each passing year that I've effectively procrastinated for yet another year and have neglected to write Thegreatnovelthat begstobewritten.

[This message was edited by heidi-ugh on Dec. 07, 2001 at 03:29 PM.]

tle, you're quite welcome!

-Amanda

"do you believe in rock and roll? Can music save your mortal soul?"

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - The GM classes; I loved reading those and can't believe how much I learned from them.

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - I've gotta go with the crowd here and say the 9/11 threads.

3. Thread that just wouldn't die - Don't make me say the "H" word!

4. Thread that you wish had never died - The "show your photos from riding in the olden days" thread (don't remember it's exact name), I LOVED those pics.

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - The "Worst Jumping Photos" threads... I had visions of awful crashes in my head for days.

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - No one on THIS board, surely not.

7. Best username - Brylintrip; Findeight.

8. Most annoying username - Stupid Child; Oblivious Jumper (I have nothing against you guys, I just don't understand using a name to insult yourself).

9. Most inspirational poster - reginapony, Kachoo, Chanda, and Inverness (I'm so glad there's another beginner out there).

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - I would say Colin, but that would take her away from the BB and she's much too entertaining.

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - ETBW (though she always makes me hungry!)

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - Kachoo, she seems like she has such fun and lot of talent.

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - A lot of them, but if I had to pick, I'd say DMK and Heidi; both seem like extremely intelligent, interesting people.

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - The MD/VA clique! They're so close to me for crying out loud!

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Gotta say Fairweather's Phoenix. After seeing him at FPP and hearing his story, that horsey earned a place in my heart.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - Flash ALWAYS makes me laugh.

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Everyone I met at FPP was wonderful. And Flash, even though she thinks she has no friends, is fun to watch at shows (she rides very well and has a great horsey).

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - The COTH rescue a horse effort.

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - I'm going to excercise my right to remain silent on this one.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - More smilees! Spellchecker!

21. What you like best about the BB - I've learned a ton here, and it's the best tool around to help me procrastinate at work!

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? I'm a MUCH better procrastinator these days.

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Ugh. Up and down and down and up and then down again. But it's ending on a good note!

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Ummm... maybe the daily funnies? Actually I really like the amateur threads, getting there quickly!

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - running with the crowd here, especially the rainbow bridge one.

3. Thread that just wouldn't die - the one about those things that go on your head

4. Thread that you wish had never died - err...

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - thoughts of Colin's Indio tack room

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - hmmm.. not sure

7. Best username - most definitely LordHelpUs
    8. Most annoying username - I agree with the acronyms and numbers and PoStSlIkEtHiS.

9. Most inspirational poster - probably Reginapony

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - I've already made arrangments for Colin, now just to get her to KY....

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Colin, VT, Moesha,SU, those guys...

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Colin perhaps, has time to go to all the shows and still has fun!!

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - the Mosby's crowd

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - I'm already in it

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - umm.. have to say I would jump in front for Serengeti, hard to look past my baby,he's been with me for too long

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - the Mosby's crowd

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - when I went to KHP just for a small show and knew no one, the people that came from my barn I had never met, there was LordHelpUs, not only did she thank me for getting out of her way (no one had ever thanked me) but she was there when I rode. I can not explain to you guys how much that meant to me.

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - swimming upstream with teh salmon again and going with 9/11

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - nope, I have issues with some members, but free speech, they are just as entitled to their opinion as I am to mine

20. Thing you would change most about the BB -

21. What you like best about the BB - that we can have funny moments, tell about our embarassing stories and all of that

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? nah, but some of the college ones have made me feel better, as have the ones that discussed feeling stupid in front of other riders/trainers, and pointed out that i'm not the only one who's been there

23. In general - how was 2001 for you? pretty good pretty good

null

marion

My treasures do not chink or glitter...They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night." -Bedouin Proverb
    marion

\"The judge didn\'t happen to hurl his pen over his shoulder at that moment did he?\"

I come here to find that only one person likes me! (well, maybe Ms. Rid too, but I think her vote for me was a hidden insult [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

Oh well. Too bad. I still have opinions. (but gawwwwshhh no one here likes me? NO TAKERS? Going once...)

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - The Juniors Clique thread was amazing, of course. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

2. Thread that has impacted you the most - The 9/11 ones.

3. Thread that just wouldn't die - Uh, juniors clique. What a trooper. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But the ones that probably needed to die were, of course, the hell-met topics.

4. Thread that you wish had never died - Juniors Clique again!

5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - Musical Jumper saga

6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - Hmmmm... possibly VTrider. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Colin I'm sure has other motives as well.

7. Best username - Special*K was a good one (or however she spelled it), makes me wish I had a K name. I also like how everyone can shorten ETBW's real user name.

8. Most annoying username - FEATHERED BUBBLE HEAD! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

9. Most inspirational poster - Gee... hmmm...

10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - no answer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - Kachoo! I just make sure I'm not drinking anything first, lest I sticky my keyboard (sticky my keyboard? proper English much?)

12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Kachoo (have you seen her brother?!)

13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - Spaz, JumperEq, Steve, etc. etc. etc. from the juniors clique, also I'd like to meet the moderators and get their autographs. And of course, ETBW and the Winglet.

14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - I'm already a member of the good ones, silly.

15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Kachoo, Chanda, ETBW's Maddie.

16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - I'm always in a good mood ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ) but Kachoo does a pretty good job of it if I'm having an "off" day.

17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Spaz, JumperEq, Steve, Ponyperson... ummm, I wuv ClipClop of course, the rest of my fellow juniors, and in the adult section Louise and Weatherford and ETBW... etc!

18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - 9/11... or hel-you-know-whats. Or the juniors clique. Again.

19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island - My lips are sealed, thank you.

20. Thing you would change most about the BB - Hmmm... nothing! Though I would like to change my title from BB Guide to BB Goddess. Think you can arrange that, Erin? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

21. What you like best about the BB - The response time, LOL! I also love the camaraderie and the freedom of speech.

22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? I don't think anything could do that, my habits are firmly etched into my darling little brain.

Ehhhh.... I wouldn't do it again.

~Erin
    PROUD member of the approved QUEENS clique- with a safety crown! (whatever trims your tree!)

I notice that I am conspicuously absent from ErinB's list.........whatever. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

And Erin...I would like to be Kachoo as well, however I don't know that your reasoning is quite right.....do you want to be someone because you have feelings for his/her siblings?? incest much?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I find this quite hilarious. Well over half of these posts say "most annoying username:- ObiliviousJumper." To clue those of you that don't understand this 'username' in... I selected this name quite meticuliously. I feel that when I mess up on my courses in the classes I am just like ugh i dont know but i feel like so incredibly oblivious. like duh.. so i find it not so nice that you guys are sitting here and like totally hating me b/c of my opinion. I kinda think thats shallow in some ways. I mean, I seriously don't care who hates me but, isnt it nice to have people that dont hate you? oh yeah and for those of you wondering, I purposely spelled Oblivious wrong b/c that made an even better touch to the name. If it REALLLLY bugs you, i suppose i could just change it!

[This message was edited by ObiliviousJumper87 on Dec. 07, 2001 at 06:30 PM.]

[This message was edited by ObiliviousJumper87 on Dec. 07, 2001 at 06:32 PM.]

[This message was edited by ObiliviousJumper87 on Dec. 07, 2001 at 06:34 PM.]
    Not all men are annoying... some are dead

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

Your favorite thread of the year - Question for Merry and follow-ups, threads with old show photos from the dinosaur era, horse-less pictures and Let's Meet IV, the USOC/NGB soap (or horse?) opera

Thread that has impacted you the most - so many of those relating to September 11th,
    the COTH horse rescue, Coreene's Christmas charity topic, PV ad

Thread that just wouldn't die - Bush vs. Gore, various helmet topics, Christian equestrians

Thread that you wish had never died - Question for Merry

Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - PV ad, hands down!

Person who posts for no reason but to see their name in lights - Several juniors come immediately to mind, but remain nameless to protect the guilty

Best user name - dogchushu, gives me a chuckle everytime I see it

Most annoying username - Obilivious Jumper, the misspelling irritates me everytime I see it. AnYoNeWhOsEuSeRnAmElOoKsLiKeThIs.

Most inspirational poster - Reginapony

Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - you know who you are&.... Thanks for the entertainment!!

Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - bumpkin, Coreene (and Willem), Merry, Kachoo, Portia, Flash44, findeight, heidi, Linda Allen - and WAY too many others to name.

Poster who you want to come back as in your next life - too many to decide on just one

Poster who you most want to meet in person - Coreene (hopefully at Christmas), MO (hopefully sometime)

Clique that you most want to be a member of - the ones I'm already in (CA and PNW)

Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - bumpkin and Coreene

Poster that always puts you in a good mood - any of my CA Clique buddies

Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - bumpkin, Coreene, MO, wty, CWP primarily, and everyone else I have e-mailed back and forth with this past year. You're 'all good' and I am so happy to know you....

Most memorable event from the BB this year - the sense of community we all felt in the days following September 11th. Travelling to Washington to see bumpkin again, meeting wty, and so many wonderful phone conversations with both bumpkin and Coreene throughout the year.

Poster who you want to "vote off the island" - several juniors from the sneaking by thread, those who misrepresent themselves

Thing you would change most about the BB - that many of the original posters on the bb would come back or post more frequently than they do. That there were more substantive topics, and less that illustrate the "hunter princess" stereotype in action.

What you like best about the BB - the many wonderful friends that I have made, and the way it keeps me in touch with the horse show world

Has any one thing/topic changed the way you live - I appreciate each day of my life, my family and my friends, even more since September 11th.

In general - how was 2001 for you? It had memorable highs and lows. I'm looking forward to 2002!

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

... Wouldn't it be something if you found out that in real life I chased the neighbor kids off my lawn and made crank phone calls? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll play and answer a few, since I can't possibly single out all the wonderful horses & people I've met here:

2. Which thread impacted me the most?
    The one that spawned "The Inverness Problem" because it caused me to wonder just what it is that my doctor sees...

5. The topic that gave me nightmares:
    Gotta go with the Musical Jumper saga, especially because I'd sent her my Pessoa pad that she wanted, when I probably should've been doing something else.

9. Most inspirational poster:
    Reginapony. The embodiment of the Triumph of the Human Spirit. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

10. Who needs to visit a sanitarium?
    Oh, that would be me. Can someone give me a ride?

12. Who do I want to be in my next life?
    Jair. I KNEW I should've stuck with that archaelogy major in college! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

18. Most memorable event on the BB?
    Lord Helpus' amazing feat (along with her unsung heroes behind the scenes) who put together the virtual horse show for charity.

20. What would I like to change on the BB?
    Have Infopop install some sort of truth serum filter so when a mean-spirited troll comes on, or someone who's blatantly lying about themself and their accomplishments/knowledge/experience, the words they type will be in neon pink.

22. Has there been any change in the way I live due to the BB?
    Yes. I no longer fear Canadians. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

"Friends don't let friends eat fish tacos."

I'm all choked up! Willem and I can't wait to meet you, Dave and Lucy. We feel the same way.

HEY - maybe you can fly down early on a Saturday a.m. and go pull an overnighter in Indio with the other BBers! One of the boarders at our barn owns a hotel/motel very close by. Could Lucy stand it without you for a night?
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Yea! Dublin likes my screen name! I was actually thinking of changing it because it's kinda dorky and a lot of people have asked me what the heck it means (FYI, it means most of my shoes have teeth marks in them from teething canines!)

Now, now Oblvious, no one said they hated you. And I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings with my post. If it makes you feel any better, Moesha called me "dog tissue" at FPP he thought my name was so wierd! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I thought that was hilarious!

It's just that the story behind your name isn't apparent to most of us who read it. Because of that it seems, to me at least, either incredibly self denegrating or that you take pride in being oblivious. I realise, from your post, that isn't what you meant. But I didn't know that before and unless everyone knows the background, that name really isn't the best "advertising" for you.

Again, I'm very sorry to have hurt your feelings. I really didn't mean anything against you personally. Feel free to hate my user name as much as you want! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Darn, I thought I was doing so good this year too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Oh well, at least MsRidiculous and ErinB make me feel special [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

1. Your Favorite Thread of the Year - Jr. Clique by FAR...muahaha. Though all my picture ones where pretty good too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    2. Thread that has impacted you the most - 9/11 and Jo's "Prayers Needed" one. That's the only one I actually cried reading.
    3. Thread that just wouldn't die - Them fighting Juniors! Wait...that's me, isn't it?
    4. Thread that you wish had never died - Junior Clique comes to mind.
    5. Topic that has given you re-occuring nightmares - actually, I had a nightmare last night about the advertising and horses one. I was going to a show to watch and the people I was going with were all dressed up in white breeches, white shirts, black coats, hair loose, and complete with gloves and whips. The scary thing is, one of those persons was Nickelodian...there was also a midget somehow involved, but we won't go into that.
    6. Person who posts for no reason but to see thei name in lights - I'm thinking me...LOL no just kidding (REALLY!) Blue52 and Bennet&Bailey probably..
    7. Best username - Hmmm...I guess Lord Helpus, though it took awhile for me to figure out
    8. Most annoying username - Stupid Child probably
    9. Most inspirational poster - I tend to skip over the "inspirational" posts...sorry.
    10. Poster in most need of visiting a sanitarium - ErinB of course, who else would I room with?
    11. Poster whose threads you look most forward to reading - ErinB and Nickelodians (just because I know what she is talking about)
    12. Poster who you want to come back as in your enxt life - Kachoo! Spruce Meadows? That is sooo awesome!
    13. Poster who you most want to meet in person - ErinB of course!! (One day my dear...one day). And Whit, Ponyperson, Steve, Feathered Bubble Head, and all the other perfect juniors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    14. Clique that you most want to be a member of - You mean theirs life outside the Junior Clique?15. Poster whose horse you would jump in front of a train for - Depends on if the train would stop or not...
    16. Poster that always puts you in a good mood - ErinB, Kachoo, and anyone funny really.
    17. Most Valuable Friend/s that you have gained as a result of this BB - Well ErinB (I sound like a broken record LOL), but I also know Jo, MsRidiculous, and Nickelodian better.
    18. Most memorable event from the BB this year - 9/11
    19. Poster who you want to "vote off the island" -Does the vote have to be unanymous?
    20. Thing you would change most about the BB - A printer-friendly version!
    21. What you like best about the BB - The people
    22. Has any - one/thing/topic - changed the way you live? Well since this BB IS my life, yes.
    23. In general - how was 2001 for you? Good until high school...high school sucks.

http://jrsclique.proboards.com/index.cgi
    Junior Clique!

*I never said I was a nice, caring, and sympathetic to the silly inane and idiotic.*