The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Instead of all getting along (which would be as boring as dry, white toast), why can't we just disagree sometimes and get a little hot under the collar, but then get past it and get on with our lives when the discussion has reached an end? What is so wrong with that?

_ It's all about ME, ME, ME!!! (The only signature worthy of a real DQ.)_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Velvet! Well said! Getting along well WOULD be totally boring. However, I don't see why disagreements have to get so personal and nasty. I don't have a problem with people stating their opinions...in fact, I like to see people speaking freely. However, personal attacks aren't necessary. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

p.s. What was so wrong with Robby's post? If it was inappropriate, then so is my post! Along with every other post on this thread...
    "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

at the prospect of Jair not being real.

I mean, that boy/person knows more about me than anyone should! So if Jair is one of yours - whoever you might be out there - please tell me how much I owe you to keep it all a secret!!!!

Seriously, what has happened in this situation is typical backlash. This is why we love Gwyneth one year, and she's a total bitch the next year. People are fickle. For all good, there must be a little bad. We are polar individuals, and we sort of gravitate between each end of the spectrum.

I know we all respect each other here. I really do think that there has been significant validity in both sides of the argument.

Just take Mel's advice and don't hit the "post now" key after you fire off your zinger!

Robby

I see a stairway so I follow it down
    Into the belly of a whale
    Where my secrets echo all around ...
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Heidi, no one is attacking Aiden or his cause. I promise. At least not publicly on the BB. The only ones getting attacked are those who happen to say things that others don't like.
    People, read closely through all of the previous threads. The only people who go wild and pissy and angry are the ones in support of Aiden. They are the ones who cause the threads to be closed, at least IMO. As far as Colin - what happened to "if you don't like it, ignore it"? If people weren't so reactionary, there wouldn't be nearly the ammount of anger and fighting as there is on this board.

*EMMA*

Well, for everyone who feels that the moderating on this board is completely fair and unbiased, head on over to Emma's thread where Lily instructs her that this BB is not her personal soapbox.

1. Erin posts a personal soapbox to Rockstarr and I, and that's okay.

2. RolexH posts a virtual personal soap opera every day, and that's okay too.

Once again, I must be missing something.

*Be grateful for luck. Pay the thunder no mind---listen to the birds. And don't hate nobody." -Eubie Blake*

I feel sorry for some of these posters... Truly. I know you don't want my pity. But, there it is anyway.

Emma, you must have missed some of Colin's posts...

"I can justify anything!"
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

I have emailed Erin. I was hardly using the BB as my "personal soapbox" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

*EMMA*

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Clive's Mom:
    I do think there has been a general air of 'meanness' circulating around the board lately. We've all commented on it. Let's do something about it and make this place fun and interesting, not scary and sad.

And especially this time of year, when we all experience stress for one reason or another (good, bad or indifferent)...we oughta try to be, um, NICER...Who needs stress, nastiness, etc. on a BB that is supposed to be FUN...INFORMATIVE...?

Anyone else wanna play nice? Anyone have a nice thought? Puleeeeeease, someone cheer me up! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

My horse bucked off your honor student!

Founder: LOFL (lawn ornaments for life) clique

Emma, Erin might just have something else to do today other than babysit this BB.

"I can justify anything!"
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

It's hardly a personal mission, Heidi. That's your own defensive hyperbole talking.

Dissenting opinions are what challenge people to use their brains, hone their arguments and attempt to persuade others.

For the zillionth time, remove the personalities from this issue and treat it as a simple situation. That situation is one person being treated as a very special circumstance. Okay, so, what of the next person? Is this going to happen all the time on the BB? I asked this question previously and tactfully, and never got an answer because the thread was shut down.

What criteria is the next needy BBer going to have to demonstrate? And who's going to be the judge? In the interest of protecting a community that I have enjoyed, I'd like to not see that happen. When the next person comes here with a handout, what are you all going to do?

Never in a single post have I (or Miniwelsh, since we're public enemies No. 2 and No. 3, nipping at Colin's heels) ever wished anything but success and cure for the family in question.

You can give us the equivalent of a hairy cyber eyeball. You can make us the poster girls for heathens, since we dare to articulate dissent. But if you do, you are blinded by bias and not seeing clearly that the more this snowballs, the more it erodes the integrity of this forum.

But I guess we don't really have a right to that opinion, since any thread that dares to state it gets shut down. Sigh.

Deep space - corner of no and where (aka Texas)

Gambit - here's something to cheer you up - it's snowing, so I got sent home three hours early.

What, that didn't cheer you up?? It sure did me!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"We can talk...or not talk...for hours, and still find things to not talk about!"

Book: If you take advantage of her, you\'re going to burn in a very special level of Hell, a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. Firefly

So, when Colin told me at dinner last winter that you two were college roommates, she was lying to me? I am shocked and appalled!!!

Honestly, this cracks me up. It all boils down to one thing - the difference between a nice person and a meanie. I do not like children, but since I think secular humanism is yummy, I wish nothing but peace, health and prosperity for my fellow man. Colin et all are big fat meanies. End of story.

[Edited to appease]

www.foalcams.com

[This message was edited by Taryn on Dec. 04, 2002 at 05:12 PM.]
    "Wherever man has left his footprint in the long ascent from barbarism to civilization, we will find the hoofprint of the horse beside it." ~John Moore

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miniwelsh:

Yeah, you're missing some $%^@#*& compassion!

Maybe a bunch of ya'll who disagree with how Erin does her job should go and form your own BB, where you can be your own moderator and make up your own rules. Sheesh, pretty much every regular poster here has started at least one non-horse related topic, now that we finally have one non-horsey topic that can prove to the non-horsey world that riders are not a bunch of uncaring, insensitive, spoiled snobs crap like this happens. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Just because I have a short attention span doesn\'t mean I

I have a nice thought for you.

Today one of my drivers chopped off her fingers on the side of the road attempting to fix the fan belt on her Peterbilt. Not only did the guy who stopped to help her lock up her truck for her and drive her to the hospital, he bought her some food from the hospital cafeteria and made sure she was ok before he left.

And we don't even have his name.

Things like that remind me that this current "lull" in the boards sanity is merely that, a lull.

People are inherently good. Does that help?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hey Emma, did it ever occur to you that you just might not be priority number 1? Perhaps Erin has some other, more pressing matter to tend to than responding to your e-mail the instant you hit send??? I can't imagine what's gotten into you but frankly it's rather disappointing (not that you care, I'm sure).

As always, well said, Heidi and Duffy.... not only am I at a loss for what's going on most of the time, but I'm also typically at a loss for what to say. Fortunately, with posters like the both of you, I can just sit back and say: I agree. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

New York Horse Rescue

NO ONE HATES AIDEN OR HIS CAUSE OR ROLEXH OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS, PEOPLE! I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT.

I mean really! This is not ruining the Aiden cause at all, nor is it proving that horsey people aren't capable of compassion or charity or whatever.

Oh and Serendipity, I realize I am not top-priority. I'd just like it known that I did email Erin. Erin and I are not at all on bad terms (at least I hope not!) and she doesn't need your defense.

*EMMA*

Know what, Emma? When you are the parent of a critically-ill child; if, as a member of this BB, you find available to you daily support, prayers, concern for all the heartache that you're suffering through; if you, through the unsolicited efforts of others, feel overjoyed and overwhelmed by the support that is lavished upon you because, somehow, your special baby has been virtually 'adopted', in love and concern, by total strangers - and then you read through these recent threads deeming your heartache insignificant and irrelevant because it's not related to horses...well, tell me, how would you feel?

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Play nice? Where's the fun in that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Okay, gambit, come on over the dressage board and we'll give you a title. Currently Sister has decided she wants to me "Supreme PITA." Go figure. I've never heard of anyone actually WANTING to be called a PITA, let alone a "supreme" one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm already the "Supreme DQ." Which some people believe is a name of something from the Dairy Queen. They are SO wrong--and I prove it to them on a daily basis. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Hey, it's a tough job, but somebody has to do it. (Not that DQs like to admit to having any sort of a job...)

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It's all about ME, ME, ME!!! (The only signature worthy of a real DQ.)
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gambit:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Miniwelsh:

Yeah, you're missing some $%^@#*& compassion!

Founder: LOFL (lawn ornaments for life) clique<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, because I don't think that a horse bulletin board is really the place for all this? Yup, you must be right. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I guess I'll throw my dog back out ont eh highway where I found her along with my three legged cat. And I'll stop reading to those kids whose parents are working too hard to make it to the shcool to read with them. then again, maybe I'll just keep being compassionate without making a big statement about it. Probably like I'd keep trying to save my sick child without making a big statement about it.

*Be grateful for luck. Pay the thunder no mind---listen to the birds. And don't hate nobody." -Eubie Blake*

How did you know snow would cheer me up? Just what I needed, seeing as how we Atlantans are facing the threat of a nasty 'ole ICE STORM here tonight....no pretty snow, just slip-and-bust-your-a$$ ice! Yick! And I'm such a loyal worker (read: brown-noser) that I have offered to open the office in the AM since I live nearby and can make it in via train!
    And...'ya know what I'd loff,loff,loff to see? My Gamby playing in a pasture full of snow! Only prob is if it snows, I can't get to him! Boo hoo!

Hope you enjoy the snow *****and your early release!