The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

you're right! I was shocked to hear that velvet would consider RED [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] nailpolish!! Even as a DQIT I realize how passe that is. One would wonder if she worde little short red hook......er I mean ankle boots as well.

Goodness, was I looking up to a ficticious internet DQ?!?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://communities.msn.ca/KristinSaunders/PhotoAlbums

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Neighsayer, I don't see the need to repeat myself. You just further display your ignorance of what a real DQ looks like when you make such statements. *heavy sigh*

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Okay, then, Velvet. Post a picture of what a REAL DQ looks like! Muhahahahaha.
    Charter member of the I-Refuse-to-Relinquish-My-Whip Clique

Doesn't this look like a good DQ to you?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

You evil witch. I'll get you for this... and your little dog, too!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey, hey, wait a minute. Did you use Photoshop to remove my 5 carat diamond studs!!!??? And you put a sweater and scarf on to cover up my $2M Harry Winston diamond necklace!!! Also, it was downright cruel of you to "age" me like that. In real life, I look at least 20 years younger than that photo.

Ahhhhhhhh, my eyes my eyes, burn, pain, hurt. HELP.

Zeroing in on you AND your little dog, too, while I'm at it. Be afraid, be very afraid. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wow you guys, I go out to ride and look what happens here! Suzy I have to admit you're pretty cute! What is the name of your plastic surgeon, I must have it!! Sorry that your diamonds don't show, however if you were wearing your tiara like any good DQ we would have recognized you immediately for what you are! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thank you ladies! Yes the french manicure is in for the DQ! Those red nails are totally passe Velvet dahlink!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

LOL! I bet she does have some of them hot red little hook. .. oops boots to go with the claws!! Besides a proper DQ has a nail brush at the barn to clean the forensic evidence from under ones nails!!

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

I don't know who that poor wretch is, but it's NOT me!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, darn, after swiping at Brookie I now have to get a new manicure. Ah, well, at least the blood doesn't show...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

OHHHHH Miss Viscious Velvet!!!!

Ouch! Please not the face!

I hope you broke two nails!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

EvilVelvet, to you, Brookes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

That would be "Mrs. Evil Velvet" to you!

Hey, where's Louise and her frying pan to knock us back into a more equine conversation...

I was dubbed "Evil Witch" at the last barn I boarded at because I had the NERVE to complain when I repeatedly found my horse without a single drop of water night after night after night. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Go ahead; try to beat THAT!

After wading through 13 pages of posts...I have just a FEW things to say:
    Jen West: Hon, please, as a very wise man once said: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". That said, I will address some of your complaints. Are you really that old?? You've ridden a REAL war horse?? COOL!!!!! So, the didn't spook huh? really? Have proof??
    I'll be honest, I have noticed a lot of floppy legs in dressage myself, but if western saddles weren't so stiff...you'd see a lot of floppy legs there too.Now, I am sure you are a very good rider and do incorperate dressage into your training program, however, I don't think you can say you are the best Western Pleasure rider in the world...so I hardly think you are in a position to say you can ride better than the current leading competition dressage rider in the world, as dressage is not your sport. Now, that said, I wouldn't want to ride like Anky either...I don't feel her method of warm up is the best...but then again, who am I to say. If it works for her, then so be it...mine works for me.
    Western Pleasure needs ALOT of help. Peanut rolling is not pretty and it is very bad for the horses. I know most WP people don't do that any more,but still.
    Now, dressage riders, DQ's, hunters, jumpers, etc who posted:
    Have you ever ridden a barrel racer? Nope, didn't think so. I have, so I'll say a few things. Tie downs are not cruel or anything else...ride most barrel racers without one, you'll and up with a smashed mouth and a broken nose. Barrel racers, for the most part, do have quiet hands. My mother rode in the gaming events when she was in HS. She trained her horse from the ground up. He was #1 in the nation for barrels, #2 in the nation for Pole bending, #1 in the State of California for Pole Bending, #1 in the State of California for Barrel Racing. That horse, who was a grade gelding, continued to win saddles into his late 20's. My mom tried to look him up to buy him back when she got back into horses when I was 3....everywhere she went people would say "Oh, that little black gelding...yeah, the last time I saw him, he was winning a saddle!". Now, does my mother (she doesn't ride anymore) have bouncy hands, nope! Does my mother jerk on a horse's face..nope! Do her ankles wobble, nope!
    So, like I implied to Jen West, unless you've been there, done that...please keep your mouth shut.

All that said, we all need to remember that bad days are had, people make mistakes, horses make mistakes, people fall off, horses go lame, and...no one is perfect!
    Yeah, I'll probably get killed for this post, but I felt the need to say a few things.
    I've ridden barrels, hunters, and now dressage...I like dressage the best, but it has its faults and its nasty people, just like anything else.
    Ride because you love horses and want to improve yourself as a person, not because you have to prove something...there will always be someone better than you.
    Rosey
    P.S.
    Yep, I'd bet there are better riders than Anky out there...as wonderfully talented as she is Just ask the Spanish Riding school!
    \"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.\"
    -Socrates

Rosey, you're my new hero. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Velvet I believe your age is showing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Nothing sadder than a DQ who still thinks she's stylish but is wearing the style from 20 years ago. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I mean really darling!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://communities.msn.ca/KristinSaunders/PhotoAlbums

Where???
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

that she doesn't even recognize her fashion faux pas. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Oops, and Suzy is talking to herself again. That's what happens to aged DQs.

Rosey! My, my so terribly eloquent dear!! I can see that our pal JW has gotton under your skin also.

Your mothers sounds like she was quite the rodeo gal! You must be so proud of her. Does she still have all those darn saddles she won? I've always wondered what people do with those after they have won 5 or 6? Do they sell them or keep them as trophies?

As for you Suzy and Velvet you dear, dear ladies, eh hemmmm. . .. sorry something got caught in my throat! Must have been a furball, meow! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just to make sure this continues to be horse related and we don't get busted royally by our oh so understanding, compassionate and good natured moderator.

Here's a question for you two. We are introducing my younger gelding to the double bridle, he is schooling 4th level now. If I so much as put even the slightest bit of pressure on the curb (right side only) he immediately goes rein lame! I'm pretty good with a double bridle, so my trainer tried and she had the same problem. She wants to wait for my clinician to come and figure it out, which I agree with. I would like your feedback on this, pretty, pretty please!!!!!!!!! I'll say nice things about you!
    Promise I will! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]