The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Summerhorse- To answer the neutering question: it has not caused any issues with him and hasn't been my top priority, to be honest. He is always much more interested in me and other people than visiting other dogs. He was polite and uninterested in a visitor's unaltered female dog (that had a lot of interest in him), had no interest in the many other dogs at the clinic, and was polite and nonagressive with my neutered male dog. To me, he still seems thin (my old collie, also a herding breed, had much more weight) although he could probably stand up to it fine. He has been very well behaved, but quite frankly just isn't very smart about commands like sit/lay/shake (odd because he is a herding breed). It isn't like he is distracted AT ALL, which is what I could contribute to him being intact, he just stands there looking at me wagging his tail.

Picture update on Ruger.

Since it's getting pretty chilly/windy at night now, I closed the top outside door of his stall and put up a little cozy hay house for him, per suggestion of COTHers on another thread (cheaper than buying a dog house that he may not even like). I also added a little towel flap for extra coziness.

Also, last Thursday was farrier day so he had a GREAT time with all of his hoof trimmings that the farrier throws in for him while he trimmed.

Pictures of Ruger last night with his hay house, album password is annasalbum

Ruger!