The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If QHSM forgets a small item, tell Papa that Hoopoe has a good cookie recipie. The Wonderful Elliott endorses them.

_\\]
    -- * > hoopoe
    Snowmen fall from heaven unassembled.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

QHSM is gratified to see that you are willing to make the effort at harmony for the sake of the season. She will now happily forward your lists to your fine owner, with her note to prod him to fulfill all your wishes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Note to Merry: PLEASE. Considering that YOUR Christmas list was taped up in several strategic locations around El Ranchito since, oh, July 4th ... how would you know what has and has not been gotten for you? Unless, of course, you've been SNOOPING again! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

***I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself ... what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." -- Louie Armstrong.***
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Content and very pleased with my new Rambo Turn Out Sheet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Therefore, I am truly apologetic to bother you, DEAR QHSM, with the teensy dilemmas and dramas which unfold daily in our lovely barn which Mummy wishes to be heaven on earth for horses.

It has finally rained and gone cooler. Thank goodness, as we cannot take off our winter coats when the days are over warm. Cool is good but those colts do insist on playing nasty games in muck.

I am NOT tattling on the boys, dear QHSM, but some one needs to tell them that a week before gift day for Mummy is NOT the appropriate time for Wings and Pockets to play "Race to the Barn Door"

Mummy and my Mr. Wings worked hard to put down an inadequate amount of stone dust so there would not be icky sticky slippery mud where Mummy has to walk to give me my hay.

Wings and Pockets are making a VERY big mess and NOT being considerate! They are playing Indian Pony and Cavalry Horse and practicing sliding stops (as if Mummy would ever want them to be with RF and VTrider who have gone silly with unfortunate mate choices!)

I think those nice ladies will feel MUCH better after they go shopping in a few weeks!

Dear QHSM, Wings and Pockets are not jealous that I have already received a nice, new and better than theirs, turn out sheet. They do not seem to have coherent thoughts. They ARE colts!

Perhaps you could suggest to Mummy that I would not mind if they used MY trailer again to go to that park where they get tired and scolded for naughty behavior. I have noticed that Mummy is MUCH happier after she has been to that place with them. NOT as pleased as she was with me at Warrenton and the Middleburg Classic but I understand the circumstances. Young Colts cannot be counted on to have proper decorum in the same nice places where precious fillies can fit in so well.

Thank you again for my nice sheet. Beezer is a VERY good channeler but I think that nice Merry perhaps would have made my new sheet the proper size. I am not complaining, though, as I will be a BIG girl soon!

Typed by Flipper, because Abby's hooves are far to large for the keyboard..

Dear QHSM,
    I have been a very good horse this year, although I have had some incidents that could mark me as "naughty". Mark my words, though, these incidents are entirely to blame on small humans, dogs, and horse-eating trees, not to mention extremely thin pieces of metal that Mom tried to call a bit when she switched me to what she calls a "snaffle". Personally, I think when you think of me for the good list, you should say "Ay" not "neigh".
    My list is, as follows:
    1. A new halter. I recently aquired a new hot pink one, but of course, a girl can never have enough.
    2. A concussion for Mom. She is talking about breeding me come spring to a stallion I have/will never meet. I find this entirely disturbing, not to mention having a foal will entirely ruin my girlish figure.
    3. A tent to go over my round bale. Obviously, I spend as much time as possible in front of this, but honestly, you've seen my gorgeous self, can you expect THIS to stand in the rain? I don't think so! I mean, come on now, I used to only go outside in good weather, and now they expect me to stand outside in this weather, only to go inside when the evil trainer says so? *huff* I think not!
    4. Some lessons for mom. Honestly now, a horse with no experience, plus a mother, trying to jump? I think not. Mum works 4 nights a week, but still can not afford lessons, so we take a clinic once every month, but dear God it's not enough! If I have to almost rear to get over a jump (heaven sakes, no I never stop dirty, or at all!) because she didn't find my distance, I swear I'll chew my stall door down to the hinges!
    5. And last but not least: A life time supply of carrots. For our riders are spoiled at my barn, we have an apple tree, but come winter and spring when they aren't there, our hair-brained riders forget our treats, and we have to deal with them taking us to a nice patch of grass. Gratitude? I think not!

So please, dear QHSM, think of sweet faced, extremely beautiful, petite! (NOT SHORT!), Luv to B Cool Aka Abby when you browse the Christmas Lists
    Thanks,
    Jennie

please let me know when your beautiful proofs from Warrenton arrive? My Mom and Dad have called the photographer MANY times to no avail.
    Your friend, who shall see you at Devon and Warrenton and Upperville, Piczazz

Dearest QHSM,

As a nearly perfect grey TB mare, my Christmas requests should be readily fulfilled by my owner. But, alas, she does not fully appreciate me, so I am asking your assistance.

Please let my owner know that she must sell those horrid shipping boots she bought for me on sale! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] . I do not like them! They make walking difficult and, more importantly, they do not match my blankie. And I'm sure you can appreciate how a girl must be color co-ordinated! Especially a pretty grey lady like myself. I have tried, in vain, to pin my ears at my owner when she approaches me with those dreadful things. She must sell them. She must!

Also, please convince her that she is not to practice mane pulling on my lovely mane. I realize she is a beginner and is struggling (she struggles a lot) to learn these things. But don't you agree that she should practice on a school pony or someone not nearly as beautiful as me? I am muuuuch too lovely to have an uneven coif! I don't like it. Again, I do my best to pin my ears and get her to stop (I would never try to bite... I am almost perfect), but she just keeps going! Can you believe the nerve???? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I would also like a new halter. I have several, but they do not properly flatter my delicate, feminine bone structure. Let the coarse geldings have mine!

Finally, as I sure you can understand, I do not receive nearly enough golden delicious apples. Sometimes my owner is very naughty and brings me some inferior kind. I eat them. But don't you agree an almost perfect mare such as myself deserves only the best?

I have been very good. I am almost perfect. I pack my struggling rider around with only a few spooks (and they were at very scary things). I take her over all the jumps even when she doesn't help me at all. I never buck or get mean, even when she deserves it. Don't you think I should have pretty and delicious things?

Thank you most sincerely,

Cassie

~Ah am a belle from South Carolinah, sensitive and well bred. You must treat me with respect.~

Oh, Piczazz! Mummy Did NOT bring me to Warrenton in time to see you be so beautiful! I did my best but it was my FIRST show EVER and I had to try my best without watching first how it should be done.

I did watch very closely the grown up horses jumping side saddle but it is VERY hard to learn when my Mummy has never had a nice filly like me to need someone to teach her just how things should be done.

There seems to be a problem with Persons over extending their abilities. The proofs of my lovely accomplishments in my FIRST show ever just arrived last Saturday.

Mummy was very excited that they came in the mail but she cried the next day when HN73 (who does ride sideways VERY nicely) gave her even nicer, more flattering photos of me in the ring at Warrenton. I knew that I liked HN73, even before she took lovely pictures of me!

I am wondering why the proofs had holes all poked through them and the pictures were only of the VA bred class and NONE showed me with the very nice man who showed me off to such advantage!