The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Hey folks,

"Fred" (aka Gail, owner of A Fine Romance) posted about this earlier, but I wanted to bring it back up again and see if there was any interest.

If you've been following the threads on Off Course, you know about this already... but a BBer named RolexH has a baby boy with a very serious liver disease, and he needs a transplant. A fund has been set up in his name, and I've been collecting donations from COTHers for it... so far, we have over $2,500. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Fred has also donated a breeding to A Fine Romance to be offered through a silent auction, with the winning bid being paid to the American Liver Foundation (through which Aiden's fund is set up).

Since it's for a charitable cause, I told Fred we could go ahead and organize it through the BB.

Would any of the rest of you be interested in donating a breeding? What Fred and I have discussed is having a minimum bid of $500 (to the ALF), and again, the auction would be silent. I would just collect the bids and notify the winners.

If anyone else is interested, please email me at COTHCatHerder@yahoo.com. Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(And for more info on Aiden, see some of the threads on Off Course... )

Hey folks,

"Fred" (aka Gail, owner of A Fine Romance) posted about this earlier, but I wanted to bring it back up again and see if there was any interest.

If you've been following the threads on Off Course, you know about this already... but a BBer named RolexH has a baby boy with a very serious liver disease, and he needs a transplant. A fund has been set up in his name, and I've been collecting donations from COTHers for it... so far, we have over $2,500. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Fred has also donated a breeding to A Fine Romance to be offered through a silent auction, with the winning bid being paid to the American Liver Foundation (through which Aiden's fund is set up).

Since it's for a charitable cause, I told Fred we could go ahead and organize it through the BB.

Would any of the rest of you be interested in donating a breeding? What Fred and I have discussed is having a minimum bid of $500 (to the ALF), and again, the auction would be silent. I would just collect the bids and notify the winners.

If anyone else is interested, please email me at COTHCatHerder@yahoo.com. Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

(And for more info on Aiden, see some of the threads on Off Course... )

Go Fred! Go Erin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Good for Gail. I hope others donate a breeding too it is not often that one can make a direct difference in a particular life. My sympathies to the parents - I have been there.

develop further! What a wonderful way to raise money for a charitable cause!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Show goals achieved & Sass is in foal! 4 months down... about 7 more to go.

We've got STANLEY! Wings Rock!
    *bad shoulder clique * Member of "OMGiH, I loff my Mare" Clique! * Proud owner of a CANTER Cutie!
    My Horses; COMH Page; My Blog

Northern VA, USA - where farm land is being lost to McMansions

What a great idea, had seen the other thread about this and thought I'd love to help, but it's that time of year when $$$ is in short supply, so not a lot I could do at the moment, but I can donate breedings! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Liz Hall silverwoodfarm.com
    Pinto & Colored Warmbloods Stallions
    Liz Hall silverwoodfarm.com Warmblood Pintos

Original Poster

Whoo-hoo! Thanks Liz, and thanks Darlyn! We now have SIX donated breedings! How cool! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll try to get the ball rolling on this next week. I think what we'll do is start the bidding for each stallion at 50% of the normal stud fee OR $500. (Owner's choice.) Or whatever works for everyone. I'm not all that up to speed on the breeding stuff, so you guys just let me know what will work for you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What I'll really need help with is getting the word out about this... so once the details are sorted out, even if you can't donate a breeding, you can pitch in in that regard. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again, everybody... you guys are great. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, I will donate a breeding... all the details about fees are on my website (ie booking and collection type charges).

Home of the RPSI approved stallion, Remarkable. Homozygous for BLACK!
    The ALL NEW "I hate Physical Therapy Clique" *MidWest Clique* *Crippled Knee Clique*

Original Poster

Oh, thank you HFSH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'll continue to work out the details with everyone over the next few days. Thanks again!

Hey Erin... I can throw a flyer together once you get all the info compiled. But we can put all the stallions on it with pics & info... plus what it is for and contact info for placing bids. The flyer can then be made into a .pdf (adobe acrobat) format and we can put the word out with tacking those up (then either downloaded by others who want a copy or we can email a copy out to them). It's what I do for a living (create ads)... so it'd be a breeze to throw something together for the silent auction here at COTH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Show goals achieved & Sass is in foal! 4 months down... about 7 more to go.

We've got STANLEY! Wings Rock!
    *bad shoulder clique * Member of "OMGiH, I loff my Mare" Clique! * Proud owner of a CANTER Cutie!
    My Horses; COMH Page; My Blog

Original Poster

Hey, that would be great! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'll also put together a webpage with info.

I'll get started on the details tomorrow, and once I've firmed up everything with the stallion owners, I'll let you know the pertinent info to put on a flyer. Thanks!

your prayers and most positive thoughts are needed. There is more on the off course board.

Erin, this is a great idea. Fred, you're a genius! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"You might think there would be an explanation for this... but you would be wrong."

We did it! World\'s first buckskin & white TB born!

He and I would love to help and be part of this!

Because of current boarding restrictions though would have to be an AI service only - not live cover, and usual collection and shipping charges would apply.

Let me know!

"Spot"

This is a great idea. I'll definitely forward it on to people I know who might be interested.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
    Check out my barn's site:
    Centre Equestre de la Houssaye
    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
    Comment est-ce qu'on dit <quiche> en anglais? Mapi LaJoux
    ---WHX---

Original Poster

Thanks Spot! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'll contact you about particulars later on this week.

BTW, the donations I've gotten so far from BBers now stand at $2750. Can't wait to see what the final tally is after all the beautiful boys' services are auctioned off! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Northern VA, USA - where farm land is being lost to McMansions

+ wanted to know how it is going, is there anything I can do to help, would be happy to design a webpage or such...just let me know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Liz Hall silverwoodfarm.com
    Pinto & Colored Warmbloods Stallions
    Liz Hall silverwoodfarm.com Warmblood Pintos

Semen is a readily renewable resource [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

How 'bout donating some from some of your stallions???

I couldnt think of a better cause than this one and I am sure it wouldnt hurt any of us one bit to donate one breeding.

"Spot"

I will donate a live cover breeding to my TB stallion Prince Quick....(Pleasant Colony grandson)

I had the pleasure of meeting baby Aiden's family last week.

Life has such a funny way fo bringing people together. About three months ago I came across a post about Aiden....the pictures were a part of my memory forever....and when his mom walked into my kitchen, my heart froze in place....

I hope that the pictures are posted soon of the baby Aiden and Luckyduck.

That will be a day I will remember forever!

Who else out there with stallions is willing to donate a breeding for Baby Aiden?

I can think of several farms with more than one stallion, and individuals with just one stallion, who regularily converse on this board who should be in a position to donate a breeding?!

Come on - what better way to get some free pubilicity and advertising for your stallion and farm and support a super cause than this one?!

"Spot"