The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Catch and Release!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Sad but true. If a drunk driver kills someone does he get off if he only drank to relieve his/her "stress"??? If someone does illegal drugs and gets arrested can the then plead "stress" and walk???? Come on AHSA..I would like some answers! Maybe your attorneys would care to tackle these really "tough" questions???? This is a DISGUSTING lack of repect for the intelligence of the membership! We are too "dumb" to understand stress..we need the infinite wisdom of the hearing committee to show us that they really didnt intend to "medicate" their horses to alter their performance, they were just relieving their "stress"...Oh PLEASE!
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Congratulations International Horsemens Committee! You have intimidated the establishment and lost the respect of the members who respect not only the letter of the law but the intention. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

What is that Snowbird?

SS was the spokesman for a loosely organized group that called themselves the "International Horsemens Committee". A lot of the prestigious people when into a tail spin because Dr. Lengel wanted to tighten the drug rules. There was one who is an outstanding personality and said that if the rule was passed he would have 100 lawsuits for horses he had sold.

I found it very sad, because I wondered who did the pre-purchase for his clients.

They organized and put full page ads in the Chronicle and they all threatened to quit the AHSA if the rule change was passed. The NHJC arranged for them to get $10,000 to finance their campaign against the proposed stricter changes which were recommended by the AHSA Veterinary Committee.

So you can easily recognize how many of these affiliations were bonded.

And, they won! As SS said, something to the effect that now the Drugs and Medications Committee is very cooperative. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]