The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hey, Antares dressage saddle experts--c'mere! (please?)

My trainer has an Antares monoflap dressage saddle, not sure if the model has a name but it's the one with the pretty, curved stitching on the flap. It is a wide, and fits my horse like a GLOVE. She will not part with it.

Today I found another style of Antares monoflap, the one without the stitching on the flap, and I'm wondering if these are comparable in how they would fit the horse? The seller (it is used) thought the trees were the same, but I know that is only part of the equation.

What say you? (thanks)
    Click here before you buy.

I would get the serial numbers and compare. Antares (like Devoucoux) will put different numbers on their panels, depending on what was done to them (thicker up front, etc.).

Btw, as long as the tree fits, the Ecogold Triple protection half-pad helps cover a multitude of panel sins....
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

But I don't know how to translate all of those numbers. In any case, I ordered it on trial--price is incredible--so I guess I'll soon find out. If I could unload all the saddles that SORT OF fit this weird, sausage-shaped, princess-and-the-pea type horse, I could probably buy a brand new one just like Erika's.
    Click here before you buy.

Lynn, it's not a matter of translating those numbers, but seeing if they match up. I'd say that the more numbers are listed underneath, the more alterations/additions were added to that panel configuration. I've seen Devs and Antares with very few numbers, and some with a whole long list of them.

And, like I said before, the EG half-pad helps a number of sins, as long as the width of the tree is correct. Need convincing? Go to their website and look at the computerized scans that were done by my friend and saddle fitter.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."