The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    AbbyB Guest

The headlines are all over! The PEEP's! Everywhere! Un-stopable! Un-controlable! PEEP's!!

http://www.envy.nu/fhsg/peeple.jpg
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

As ETBW so astutely observed, peeps are corrosive. When the remaining peep in my tale of horrors heard the sizzle of Hobson's shoe and hoof, it too leaped from its perch on the fence and ATTACKED THE BARN CAT!! Luckily, the boy who'd came out to see what all the commotion was about was able to pluck the vicious peep from the cat's head before it managed to chew off an ear!

[This message was edited by hobson on Apr. 10, 2001 at 09:21 AM.]

But thankfully, it ended in a stalemate, with neither the barn cat nor the peep considering the other an appropriate food item.

ROTFLMAO!!! Hobson you got me in trouble when I burst out laughing in the middle of a lecture *opps* now I can't stop and everyone is staring at me. Oh well I did want to pass this class anyways *humph*

ah visions of peeps dancing around my head, now are you ready for this? I'm going to tell you the best way to eat a peep. Stock up on as many colours and shapes you can, then you carefully bit their heads off (do it quick if the screaming bugs you) and pull them apart and stick various mismatched parts back together. FRANKINSTEIN PEEPS! *muhahahaha*
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~irving/bunnies/

This you must see! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Just when we have been thinking of how mature, supportive and responsible we have been!

Erin lets us loose and I am reminded of a similar, not quite so intense, situation where our wonderful group began to self destruct and we were directed into joyous hilarity which enabled us to all appreciate the best of each other once again.

Thanks again, COTH, thanks much, moderators. Erin, you will be a great mom but I won't be the one to curse you with that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Just checked out the above "Bunny Test Site". Have to admit to all that at this VERY MOMENT I have two (yes, count 'em, TWO) packages of infamous "peeps" in my bread box!!!

To make a long story short, my great aunt, who passed away a couple of years ago & who was my fondest "drinkin' buddy", had a thing for "peeps", & every Easter in her honor I buy a fresh package of "peeps" for the breadbox - tossing the old. (We have 2 packs this year - one was a gift from a neighbor.)

Geez, just realized how unbelievably weird that sounds. . . Oh well, not really that much weirder than a lot of other things I've read on this board's archives. . .

Founder/Member "Annual Peeps Adoption Center" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh Gawd! Not this thread again! LMAO! Actually....I still have about 3 or 4 pink mummifed bunnies in my candy drawer...hmmm...what to do w/ them? Any suggestions on peepocide? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] SUZ

~~~Do you think the JUDGE saw it???~~~
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

LOL! I'd forgotten about this one!

Erin
    *~Stressed is Desserts written backwards....Concidence? I think not!*~

Don't forget - there are Peep Ghosts and Pumpkins!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Update: Just Born has announced Peeps Cutouts, cookie-flavored Peep-like
    holiday cookies for the 2000 holiday season. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Detroit Freelance Star

Peep Relatives

They have even made it to Epicurious! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> FOR WHEN A REGULAR PEEP ISN'T SWEET ENOUGH
    The Marshmallow Peeps Eggs, which are sprinkled with edible glitter and have a vanilla creme filling, fared better with the serious sweet tooths on the staff: Imagine eating spun sugar wrapped around Twinkie filling. Unlike the chicks, the eggs don't improve with age. After sitting out for a weekend, the creme hardened up (becoming almost impossible to chew) and the glitter started to flake off.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In depth reporting from Epicurious
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

That I STILL laugh about this thread? I also have the print out of the peeps who aer breathing hard in their 'stalls'
    I almost pee everytime I see them!

Always,
    FairWeather
    If you ever reach total enlightenment while you're drinking a beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. - Jack Handy

http://www.fairweather.bizland.com/entrance.html

More from the Epicurious site:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    RECIPES FROM OUR FORUMS

Peeps Roulade
    Peep S'mores
    Rice Crispy Peeps
    Rocky Road Peeps
    Peep Ambrosia
    Peep Brulee'
    Peep Flambe'
    Toasted Peeps

DECORATIONS

Window Treatment
    Accessories that Stick
    Why Didn't the Romans Think of This?

EXPERIMENTS

Dueling Peeps
    Nuked Peeps
    Peep Science
    Guinea Peeps

PEEP PRIMER
    To Bite or Not to Bite?
    Primo Peeps
    Stale Peeps
    Peep Trade

PEEP AS MUSE
    Peep (Photo) Show
    Peep Poetry

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume that the bread box meets the size and environmental requirements as set down by federal regulation for adequate housing of experimental animals.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

lots of fresh air & other stale snack items to talk to & play with . . . .

my eyes would be forever wounded!

I may try the nice peep window treatments though. I think they would look lovely in the summer heat covered with flies.

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*

Upcoming holiday uses for peeps:
    * Bobbing for peeps
    * Handing out peeps as trick-or-treat candies
    * Dress up in a peep costume (surround self with styrofoam, then have friend spray paint you in your choice of appropriate neon peep color)

And in November...
    * Surprise your honored relatives and assorted guests when you present your gorgeous roasted turkey, fresh from the oven, stuffed with your own homemade recipe of Peep Dressing!Imagine the compliments you'll get! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Friends don't let friends eat fish tacos."

Merry, did we ever get to see a shot of the QHSM's chicky pippy cake?

I thought I was the only one. A guilty, over 50 female, who devours peeps wholesale. Goes through the checkline saying "oh, the kids just love them....." (What kids? I'm single.). Won't put them in the kitchen where my roomie might see them...... Gad! I'm not alone any more. I'm not the only one. I don't have to join Peepaholics Anonymous.. Thank you, THANK you, THANK YOU!!!!!!

So glad you are trained in peep CPR - as that must be the only way this thread has come back to life...(to haunt us?)