The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

and heading north...

Did you know they made them at Christmas time in the shape of snowmen, and christmas trees??? Not the same as the Easter ones--didn't like em.

Aha! So this is what happened to my annual "Chicky-Pippy" birthday cake, eh?

Every year, since I was a little kid, my mom, Queen of Horse Show Moms, would bake me a chicky-pippy cake: a white cake with coconut icing lined with yellow peeps, like they were nesting around the cake. And this year... NOTHING! No cake, no peeps! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Queen Heidi was behind it, I'm sure of it!

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Stop with icky chicky-pippy cake already! The fact that you actually LIKED the thing instead of just eating it out of daughterly duty AS I WAS FORCED TO DO, is enough to make me think you DESERVED to lose your crown to the frozen north!

If I promise to make you one, do you solemnly vow to A) HUSH ALREADY and B) not force me to eat those icky sticky squishy creatures?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Those sweet little birdies are the best when they have sat in your Easter basket for more that a week.

Now that I have kids of my own, I buy several boxes, cut the tops open and hide them for a week or so. They hate them in their baskets so I get them all to myself.

at your ingenuity. A Peep Website? I would never have suspected that they'd infiltrated the web. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Where to next? The Pentagon? The mind boggles at the possibilities.

I'm aghast that nobody has mentioned the Peep BUNNIES! In the bright neon pink.

We must liberate the Peep BUNNIES!

My favorite Peep activity is not beheading, or death my expansion, but various, less tested ways of Peep torture. Stick the PEEP SPCA on me, I'm a PEEP TORTURER!!!!!

(You guys are cracking me up.)

At the request of some who felt it wasn't really appropriate to discuss peepocide on a thread about a rather sobering topic (the Saddlebred rescue), I've copied the peep posts into this new thread.

Carry on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

First of all, who rated this topic a 2? Please. It certainly deserves at least a 4.

I downloaded the Peep screen saver so I can be easily entertained everytime I leave my computer alone for two minutes. My cat seems especially fond of the dancing Peep shapes... should I be concerned?

would it be "pre-meditated" to open the peeps & let them get stale first? When they have just a little crunchier coating? A friend of mine has a horse whose favorite treat is peeps..(it was fun to watch the color of the slobber in his mouth change!!) blue slobber is NOT natural [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

Now we're talking!! A peep show screen saver. A perfect B.Day present for Merry!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Okay, so here's a secret (all Queens have them, you know!). When I first started with my new doctor, he wanted me to try to maintain my weight. And one of the things I was told to eat was marshmallows, because they're high in calories but haven't any fat. So... does this mean peeps are medically indicated? Do I need a prescription for my peeps? Will they be covered by my insurance?

Will I have to go onto the black market to buy my dose of peeps?

See Merry, panhandling for peeps money. See her in a sugar-induced haze, stumbling along skid row, strung out, pink and yellow spittle foaming from her mouth from a recent peeps fix... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

OMG, I can't stop laughing! My daughter and her cousins have participated in peepocide from an early age. Their grandmother used to give them Peeps in their Easter baskets that she had unwrapped and then loosely rewrapped in Saran Wrap about two weeks earlier. They were petrified Peeps for sure, and all the kids used to throw them at things to see if they could break them...the things, not the Peeps.

By the way, out grocery store has one entire end of the aisle display with nothing but Peeps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"just remember this my girl, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars but still not see the light.\" -The Eagles (song by J. Tempchin/R. Stradlund)

Two years ago @ Gulfport one of our boarders started showing up with various colored PEEPS - It kinda "snowballed" from there...

I was soo excited when I found the Haloween PEEPS - granted they are a step below the original PEEPS.

Even though I am not fond of eating PEEPS I can't help myself from checking out what new colors are introduced. There is something mezmerizing about row upon row of PEEPS.

The Website is hysterical - who knew PEEPS on Pizza!

This thread has brigtened my day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Merry, I believe Peeps would be covered on your insurance if the prescribing physician sends a letter of medical necessity to your benevolent insurance company!!! Make sure he notes it's for some one who partipates in horse sports [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] How could they refuse? forcing you into peep-seeking behaviours!

I want you all to know that I'm walking the walk and peeping the peep, so to speak. I've just joined the Marshmallow Peeps Fan Club - A PREMIUM annual membership, thankyouverymuch.

I am a storehouse of trivia. My head is full of things that no one wants to know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Now Cadbury mini eggs, on the other hand= AMBROSIA! Truly food of the gods! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn whoever posted this....I am CRAVING those things now...guess I will have to make a run to the QuikE Mart during lunch to get some! They are the best!

I am also partial to the peanut butter eggs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I LIVE for Easter time when I can get my hands on those delicious Cadbury Mini Eggs!!! Terrible timing - here I am trying to diet and excercise to look good for summer, and I am forced to gorge myself on bags and bags of Mini Eggs!!

Cadbury, snickers, hershey, reeses, Godiva's...... Flocks of chocolate laden birdies laying treats for we! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My old pony, Taffy, loved peeps. She is dead (but she lived to the age of 31) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Taffy also liked beer, not a good mix with peeps!

(Required horse reference)

[This message was edited by Everythingbutwings on Apr. 05, 2001 at 04:34 PM.]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

You guys are killing me here! I myself am guilty of "peepocide"~ so I shall start a self-help group called "Peep Killers Anonymous"~ anyone want in??? LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Actually~ I think I may have invented a new form of "peepocide"~ one that does not involve the use of the "Peep Torture Chamber" (or microwave)~ PEEP S'MORES!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Yes! Stick a coat hanger in those little sugary suckers, roast 'em over an open flame~ add Hershey bars & Graham crackers & there you have it! The ultimate in Peep torture! I can hear their little cries now:

*sizzle* PEEP! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] *sizzle* PEEP! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] *sizzle* PEEP! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

SUZ
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"