The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

KRASHGIRL, oh please!!

Medievalist, snorting tea out your nose!! Oh, I just about died with that one! Hobson cracked me up too, lucky for me I wasn't drinking anything.

Koodos on the Peeps!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It has long been my impression that those people who most aggressively solicit your money are not, usually, the most deserving of it. I think these boards are close to being spammed by Krashgirl, though I say that with reservations since I'm not entirely sure what spam is--except that I lived near Philly for a couple of years and know about edible spam which probably has about as much nutricional value as those embattled Peeps I keep hearing about. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Anyway, I guess this was a long-winded way of saying that my donations are not going to save either Saddlebreds or Peeps. At least not this Easter. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I must say I'm confused.

Here I am, 23, and have never encountered a peep. Do we have them up here in the frozen north? Could you consider them main-course fare? Do they cry when you eat them in front of their friends?

I'm always intrigued by any member of the 'sugar' food group.

JUST WHAT ARE THESE PEEPS AND HOW CAN I GET SOME?!?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    I'm not one to say I toadaso. But I toadaso. - Ricky

I am head chairperson of the Peeps Defense fund!!
    Contributions can be sent directly to me. Oh yeah dont forget to search for the lovely links posted for the abuse of peeps.!

And Krashgirl, this forum was created especially for silly topics such as the hottie thread. I assure you that everyone here takes topics such as abuse seriously and if you were to post them somewhere that was perhaps minus the giddy factor you would get some absolutely wonderful responses.
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love

Unlike Krispy Kreme donuts, can be shipped to fellow BBer's from a surplus area to impoverished soul mates such as yourself by kindred COTH members.

Peeps ship well. Krispy Kreme's require special handling, refrigerator cars, etc. Peeps are born to be stale so they can go ground [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Truly frightened was I, this Halloween past, to notice white ghost and black cat peep alter egos on shelves in the local open late stores. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Marshmellow fluff based creatures, fashioned to look like baby chicks for the Easter holiday. They are coated in [neon yellow or neon pink] sugar.

Did I read that right? SUGAR coated SUGAR?!?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Can any fellow Canadians tell me if they are sold here? How could I have been missing them all my life (sniff, sniff)

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Oh, yeah. We can ship you some. No prob. An even if they get lost in the mail for, oh, a decade or two, you'll never notice the difference. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Oh they are delicious. I have a stash of them for when my energy supplies run low [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'd be happy to ship some to a some of you deprived canadians if you ask really nicely...just email me-I'm always happy to share my sweet, sweet peeps [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---WHX---

A surplus crop available in quantity.

Sparkling sugar coated pale pink, lavender, yellow, green and blue renditions of marshmallow bodied baby barnyard animals.

Stiff, chewy, sugar on sugar Peeps. Boxed in sets, row upon row bound together in groups of five and all on sale for $.99 US.

Some have googly eyes. Some have faces done in contrasting sugar crystals. Most have skewed features due to the inaccuractness of the liquid marshmallow squirting machine.

There is an official Peep web site. I must go search my archives. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Everythingbutwings on Apr. 04, 2001 at 07:42 PM.]

[This message was edited by Everythingbutwings on Apr. 06, 2001 at 06:03 PM.]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

You know not what you ask!

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/start.html

Erin! Notice how very much the Dancing Ducky shapes look like Bucking Horses? (Required Equine reference)

But I can't stand Peeps!! Maybe it's because my father was killed by Peeps... The texture of them--that chewy unroasted marshmallow covered in gritty sugar--ewwwwwwww. And I am a candy FIEND too. Maybe if I roasted their little sugary bodies over an open flame....Hmmmmmmm

Now Cadbury mini eggs, on the other hand= AMBROSIA! Truly food of the gods! I am not talking about the weird chocolate ones with the yolk inside, I mean the little ones with the hard candy shell and the perfect Cadbury chocolate inside. I gave up candy for Lent and haven't had so much as an M&M since whenever that was...End of February maybe? I am buying a bag of mini eggs so I can have it on Easter!!! ALLL MINE [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I don't eat 'em either. Once upon a time, marshmellow was made in part from cow and horse hoof to get that gelatinous consisitancy. Don't know if that's still the case or not. Secondary to that, I am compulsive about my teeth and all that sugar would rot them right out of my head.

Well, since no Canadians are responding, I'm going to go up to the local Loblaws supermarket on a peep reconnaissance mission. I'll let you know what I find.

And to think, I had opera tickets tonight...

NGM (off on a matter of National gluttony)

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

I haven't a clue what these 'peeps' are, of what they're constituted (horse hooves? Ewwww!), and don't have even a remote or passing interest in them. True, yes, I don't do sweets.

Though, must say, I do have in my kitchen, the best-stocked candy basket in the hemisphere - Lindors anyone, perhaps some Butterfingers, Fruit by the Foot, why, yes, we have those too.

NoGreatMischief, we bid you well on your reconaissance mission at Loblaws. Goodness knows if you're venturing to the one in my neighbourhood, you'll need it.

Warning: this is long, but bear with me. I'm in serious procrastination mode...

O.K...I've been to the local Loblaws, which was busier than the manure pile in July (Jane and Dundas, heidi...not too scary. Though I've been to some of the HUGE outlets with Movenpicks and the like...but I digress).

Once I made it through the veggie area, I hit the seasonal candy aisle, picking up a six-pack of various cadbury eggs, and a ten dollar bag of Mini-Eggs along the way. Then, I saw them, roosting quietly and harmlessly, ignorant of their imminent fate. One look at their plump little countenances and I knew I was beat. The rest of my time in the store was but a blur, as I proceeded through checkout and into the car with my payload.

Did I wait until I got home to sample? Of course not. It was in the parking lot of the Loblaws where I tasted a peep for the first time. With a zeal even Willy Wonka would envy, I managed to eat the first row of five even before I made it home.

I guess you could say I like them! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I now understand why I was never exposed to them before...if my mother got one whiff...okay, one look at a peep she would wire my jaws shut in a minute. She has a cavity paranoia when I was younger, so sweets were moderated. Now that she's had a root canal, she figures she's paid her dues, and buys much candy. Of course, I don't live there anymore, but I know all her hiding spots! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Now, if I can only save some for when the husband comes home...

"Peeps? What makes you think I was eating peeps...?" NGM breathes as she gazes at her 'sweetie' with glazed eyes, wiping the gritty sugar off her face
    "...You know how much I love fluffy yellow chicks..."

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Canter, LCR Scott! Put on your capes, don your masks, double up on the sugar-scud-resister-radar, bring your syringes, we have a mission! We MUST save NGM now. Read her post, note the plea - the girl is in serious need of an intervention.

No, NGM, put the peep down now! As Redpath is my witness, we shall save you!

What do you mean I need an intervention? Just because the peeps and I are skipping (well, in their case, sort of hopping) down the chocolate-brick road toward the waterfall of Dr. Pepper, stopping enroute to converse with the Easter Bunny and the Ghost of Hallowe'en Candy Past doesn't mean I have a problem.

You're the ones with the problem!!!!

A land where classical riding and natural horsemanship have all but vanished, and must be revived for the greater good of all horses trapped in the human world...

While this is the first of Krashgirl's posts that I've seen, I have to say that you, Krashgirl, need to understand that some people are leery, and won't right away donate money to somebody who's screaming on a message board to promote their cause. There are a lot of people these days who beg for money, pretending to be from a charity, when actually they just pocket the money to buy beer and go to the movies with their friends. Admire us for the fact that we're smart and only donate to charities we KNOW for a FACT are legitimate!

Checkers324
    Ride the wind, and be at one with your horse!
    [I]\"His [the horse\'s] is a power enhanced by pride, a courage heightened by challenge. His is a swiftness intensified by strength, a majesty magnified by grace. His is a timeless beauty touched with gentleness, a spirit that calls our hearts to dream

Wow. I should have read this thread before I left work. I got accosted by an animal rights group soliciting money at the stoplight near my house (of course I got stuck there when the light was red). I should have asked them what they were doing to liberate the peeps! I can only imagine their faces.