The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eventing in Kansas city Mo?? or Omaha/council bluffs area??

Anyone have any suggestions on places to take dressage/eventing lessons in either the kansas city mo area or omaha area or any where in between??? Im at the half way mark inbetween these two and new to the area looking for a place to take lessons and a trainer to help me with my new OTTB.
    any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    ride like you have never ate the dirt

Default I have been away from it so long...

Most of the trainers I KNOW of are in So KC area. Check out MACTA in KC area and North Hills in Omaha. I think NH is a Pony Club, and maybe a hunt. Mission Hills Pony Club is in Jo Co Ks, and there is horsie activity at Ft Levenworth. There is another Pony Club, and I was even a sponsor, and to my shame, I can't remember what the name is! There is also a Pony Club in Iowa, which I assume is where you are.
    Another killer of threads

Thank you very much!! Ill go ahead and look up the pony clubs, I forgot they changed the age and im still in the age range . Im in the NW missouri area.

Thanks again!!
    ride like you have never ate the dirt

Default as far as the age range,

I wasn't assuming you were still a jr, just that they would have instructors that could help you are lead you to better instruction!
    Another killer of threads

Jim Urban at Quail Run in Gretna (suburb of Omaha), you can google quail run jim urban and it will come up. He has a big barn, pretty big operation and had a bunch of kids that also evented. I have known him for 40 years. Nice guy and I think must be okay as the horses in the barn are fairly successful. The only other option I am aware of in Omaha are Brent and Karen Cudmore but they do the big time jumpers (she won one of the 100K jumper classes in Wellington this spring) and don't do eventing, so Jim would be the way to go.

There are several dressage & eventing barns in the KC area which has a slightly more active eventing scene thanks to MACTA than Omaha. There was a similar thread a couple of years ago when someone was transferred to Fort Leavenworth: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=248833

If you are in Pony Club, then Mill Creek or Mission Valley both have active eventers - MCPC organizes the popular May HT and MVPC does a lot of event schooling in the Fall. The Area IV Facebook & Webpages will also provide a lot of information as will the Area 35 website below which features a calendar of shows & clinics in the area.
    Welcome to Area IV.
    Brock
    Brock n. (Anglo-Saxon) badger as in Brockenhurst, Brocklebank etc www.area35.us

MACTA has an open schooling at (I think) Heritage Park this Saturday. The other day a GF mentioned going to it.

I'm pretty sure that Jim Urban has an Elkhorn, Nebraska address which is very close to Omaha and also Gretna.

Also, the Iowa Combined Training and Dressage Association might have some information for you.