The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Oh my word - what fun! I've just spent a while reading everybody's post...
    TBLover - I taught at Babylon for a while (late 60s); and in earlier 60s, was a Jr. Counsellor at Equitation Lodge, which at that time was owned by Thomas School; and was the TB breeder you worked for by any chance Tom Martin?

HunterH & Louise - a million years ago, I worked for a ROC H/J barn - not one of the two you mentioned, neither of which was around - this one is closer to the thruway [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Betsy Fox - you must know friends of mine - Paul & Barbara Wicks.....

Pat - does that barn in Leonia still operate? I was born in Montclair - but never rode there. I'm the videographer for IHSA Nationals - will any of the Columbia U. team be going to ATL?

Salsalito - I don't know if you have transportation - but a TERRIFIC opportunity to meet all the H/J minded collegians would be IHSA Nationals, which will be in ATL (Conyers - GIHP) May 12 - 14, if you can get there.

Skiis - have a wonderful time in Ireland. I did (back in '69)

Shiloh - I am right there with you re: not doing what you "intended" to do..... BS in Educ/Humanities/Social Sciences - now a secretary (but it gives me the benefits and the time to run my own videography business - horse shows, of course!)
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Well, now that I found like I've found a bunch of new friends, I'll get into the "who am I" game..
    I'm - uh - "old" - over half a century! Who was it who thought that a quarter century was a mind-blower?? And overweight - by today's "standards", would always have been. Thank heaven, size 10-12 was considered slim - and now is almost as unobtainable as 4 or 6. Oh well.
    I was very fortunate to have lived within bike distance from the OLD St. Lawrence stables - and spent many happy hours there, building a solid foundation on wonderful school horses with supportive, knowledgeable, disciplined instructors. AND - BEST FUN - just "re-met" one of them last year at a show in SYR - after 41 years!!!!
    After parents' divorce and relocation to LI, I was lucky to ride a couple times a month - at a couple different hack barns. Lessons from one woman who was a far better marketer than instructor (found out later that she'd started riding a few years before - amazing what $$ can buy). Unbroke horses, more ego than knowledge, took me years to believe that Littauer had a brain, since she claimed to be his finest product - sustained lasting damage to my confidence. But learned how truly fortunate I had been to learn from and on such superb professionals as John Stoecker and Miss Martin and Pogo and Buddy and Suki and....
    Two supportive coaches later and a few months in Ireland (Burton Hall) - led to several years of riding, training & teaching in several states (NY, SC, OR).
    Added western (Aps) to my repertoire; then some saddle seat. My last Ap was top ten in the nation in trail and saddle seat pleasure (both Open and A/O).
    Now, I video horse shows in the NE - as well as hold down an office job to pay major bills and provide benefits.....
    What a NEAT idea for us all to meet like this!
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

I really enjoyed reading your profiles!
    I am 33 and grew up in Westchester County only 45 minutes from NYC. Although I lived in horse country my parents were fearful of "paying for a broken neck" so I only managed a casual weekend ride. My BA is from Simmons in Boston and after school I moved back to NYC. I joined Morgan Stanley on the bond desk in Toronto 5 yrs ago. I am still homesick for the States and can't wait to go back but taking up riding last summer changed my life.

My major riding highlight was a cross country trip to England last summer. I try to ride/lesson 2/3 times a week and still can't believe the feeling I have when I "get it" and my instructor says "yes girl, now you're riding".

Although I love my boyfriend and my 2yr old Golden Retriever Reilly, nothing quite makes me smile like I do when I ride.

Hi, I am relatively new to the BB. Here it goes. I am 21/f getting ready to graduate from college with a Equine Studies degree. I also took classes that are required for veterinary school. I have ridden seriously for about 10 years but only started showing when I came to college. I ride mainly jumpers but have tried dressage and eventing.
    I've never owned my own horse so everything that I have learned came from school horses. If you'd like to chat further, e-mail me.