The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Slightly more southern than where I was raised darlin

Since nothing is going on at the grass ring, would it be the perfect meeting place, we most certainly can't miss each other if we are all there?

~*~Helen~*~
    Mother to a 16-year-old 16.1h Dark Bay TB Mare by the name of Kylie
    ------------------------------
    Juss mah-be, tha-yah ain\'t beh nothin like a southern lahday

My pony should be there for the Preveiw with Scarteen Show Stabbles. And my barn is going for the National, although I can't go. If anyone sees my pony PLEASE let me know, cuz i haven't seen her for awhile, and she is at that barn to be sold. She is a bay large with a blaze and Three stockings and a white tail. I'll attach a pic of her.

*Pretender*
    ~Courtney~
    ----------
    *Peregrine*
    *Finnegan*
    *Splash of Color*
    *Pretender*
    *Misty\'s Bracken*

VERY cute pony, Pretender! I'll keep my eyes open for her.

~Santa Barbara County~ CA Clique, Vertically Gifted Clique & AAAA Clique

Oh gosh, ponies are sooo cute! I wish I was small.

I have convinced my hubby to drive down for the GP. Hopefully you all will not mind a non-horsey hubby tagging along(he is still learning so we can all school him, hehe).

Are we going to meet for an early dinner too? I am so excited to meet all of you!

Slightly more southern than where I was raised darlin

I will look for her too, little leggy thing!

~*~Helen~*~
    Mother to a 16-year-old 16.1h Dark Bay TB Mare by the name of Kylie
    ------------------------------
    Juss mah-be, tha-yah ain\'t beh nothin like a southern lahday

California born and raised... Current Virginia resident

But you know my old horse "Chef" because you won the PCHA finals on him. I sold him to Emily. I was happy that you didn't swith horses back for the awards ceremony because Chef loved to win. I am sure he knew he had won it with you!

Chanda- maybe you'd know this. Was that the same Chef that was at Betsy's for awhile forever ago?

~Hads~
    &
    ~Wishful Thinking~
    "Imagine all the people,
    living life in peace..."
    ~John Lennon~
    - Hadley -

I must not have been there during that time because I don't remember any Chefs. I don't think this would be the same horse though.

Is everyone still meeting for the GP? This rain has thrown a wrench in my plans but I would still like to try and go!

Doubtful it was the same Chef because I got him at Hap Hansen's and they bought him back east, and before that he had been imported.

You mean to tell me that there were 2 people strange enough to name a horse Chef?

So I'll try and stay for the GP. I'll be showing earlier in the day so depending what time you make it down, Chanda, you may be able to see us in action.

We will be incognito b/c somehow I ended up being the only one a the barn going. So we won't have our drapes up or anything.

I am sure I will find you. I am certainly up for dinner. We MUST go to Viva's!!!!

OK, it is on, I am coming to the GP! Where are we all meeting and when? Dinner??

I'm coming too!

Valerie
    ~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
    Valerie's home page

Here is the plan:

We meet between 4:45 and 5:00 in front of the snack shack between the east ring and large oval. I will be wearing my CoTH cap (ohhh unless I take it to be embroidered.) I will be with Chanda who is easy to spot becase she is taaaalllll and very beautiful - we are talking runway model here, folks.

From there, we will trot on over to Viva's for some dinner and maragarita's (virgin ones for you In The Gate [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Anyone else care to join? We need to put the VA clique and Mosbys to shame!

P.S. I will try to get as many GP tickets in the office as I can.

Sounds good! I will probably be meeting Helen (Kylie on COTH) earlier in the day.

Where do you get the tickets? Do you have to get them in advance, or can you just walk up and buy them?
    Valerie
    ~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
    Valerie's home page

Well Chanda and I will be there most of the day as well. I really want to watch the Onondarka Finals. I'll be showing in the younger A/A hunters on Jade - so look for us! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Chef- Let me know if you need me to get any extra GP tickets... none of my family is going, and I don't even know if I am gonna watch the GP (are we gonna Jamie?) but either way, I can get tix for people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I will be doin the Older Childrens Hunters on Wishful Thinking... hopefully we will be a touch better than last week! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Hahaha. And I dont know if it was the same horse Chef... He wasn't at Betsy's as it turns out, Court just told me she used to know him, he wasn't at the barn. Anyways, I will most likely see y'all at National... Chanda- I hear Betsy will be there, we were stabled next to her at Preview.

~Hads~
    &
    ~Wishful Thinking~
    "Imagine all the people,
    living life in peace..."
    ~John Lennon~
    - Hadley -

I'm a major flake right now, waaay too much caffine, and staying up late to do Homework. What day are we talking about? well I'll have to see if I can come. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Christina~
    "I don't patronize bunny rabbits!" -Heathers
    *Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

(Oh god, Hadley! Remind me not to come and visit over there! Hehe)

Why doesn't everyone who is going to meet take my cell phone number. Since I will not be riding or anything I will have it with me all day.
    805-717-1985

I will be getting to the show around 11am or so depending on traffic so feel free to call anytime. I will probably just be wandering around looking for Chef! I will also be wearing my COTH cap.

See everyone in front of the snack shack between the East ring and the large oval at 4:45 Saturday the 17th for the GP!

Horse show update:

The pre-green hack (4th class of the day) is scheduled to go at 6:30 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

There are 60 pre-green horses!

Jade was all dressed up and had no place to "show." She was cleaned and braided this morning and isn't to be doing her rounds until 4:00. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Yep, that hack went REALLY late last Thursday! My friend rode her horse in it, and it was pitch black out when she was riding. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Patrick is riding her horse in the o/f pre-green classes this week too. His name is Solid Citizen, in case you happen to see him! Good luck to Jade! Will Cris be doing her in the pre-green futurity (or whatever they call it...I don't remember!) on Friday if she qualifies?

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the GP on Saturday. I am going out to visit my friend in Palm Desert. I have to keep in touch to ensure a place to stay during Indio!!!

Too bad you can't make it on Sat. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I guess duty calls, since you won't want to be shacking up at the motel 6 with all the truckers like I do! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

John F is actually going to ride Jade. With 60 in the division, we need all the politics - I mean - luck we can get! HOPEFULLY she will be a good girl and qualify for the championship.

Isn't there supposed to be a recession or something? Where did all these people come from?

How did it go last week? We haven't gotten our requisite Cypress update! And here I am updating before my horse even gets INTO the ring! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Chef on Nov. 14, 2001 at 06:50 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chanda:
    (Oh god, Hadley! Remind me not to come and visit over there! Hehe)

Why doesn't everyone who is going to meet take my cell phone number. Since I will not be riding or anything I will have it with me all day.
    805-717-1985

I will be getting to the show around 11am or so depending on traffic so feel free to call anytime. I will probably just be wandering around looking for Chef! I will also be wearing my COTH cap.

See everyone in front of the snack shack between the East ring and the large oval at 4:45 Saturday the 17th for the GP!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know Chanda!!! LOL... You have my cell number too right? I emailed it to you anyways. If you get there early, make sure to come find me and watch the Old Childrens.... it will be entertaining that is for sure, hahahaha...

~Hads~
    &
    ~Wishful Thinking~
    "Imagine all the people,
    living life in peace..."
    ~John Lennon~
    - Hadley -