The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ~Santa Barbara County~ CA Clique, Vertically Gifted Clique & AAAA Clique

Hey Chef, I have the Turkey show marked on my calender as the 17th - 26th of Nov. Is this right?? Is Cris still going and all that?

I would love to meet some more of you and since I may not even make it to the Turkey show that might be possible. If I don't show I will try and make it for the GP for sure.

California born and raised... Current Virginia resident

AA Jumper- I will be at Preview in the Older Childrens Hunters. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Chanda- Turkey Show (assuming you are talking about SB!) is 21-25 I believe. I will be there too, but not showing.
    So when is everyone meeting? Saturday of National at the GP?

~Hads~
    &
    ~Wishful Thinking~
    "Imagine all the people,
    living life in peace..."
    ~John Lennon~
    - Hadley -

Slightly more southern than where I was raised darlin

But I may also go to the Preview to watch so that I can get some visuale tips from other people, you know, watching the hands and the legs. So what is a good time for y'all?

~*~Helen~*~
    Mother to a 16-year-old 16.1h Dark Bay TB Mare by the name of Kylie
    ------------------------------
    Juss mah-be, tha-yah ain\'t beh nothin like a southern lahday

I will be at both. I should be riding in the younger AAs on a baby. If I'm not showing, I'm sure I'll be there to school ponies.

CB, I'd love to finally meet! Every time I'd go in to get my eyes checked, your dad and I would talk about which shows I was just at and which you were just at, and they never seemed to be the same!

Anyway, I'll be there Fri-Sun showing in the low AA jumpers and AA jumpers. Sunday I'm planning on doing just the AA's and the AA classic (my first classic ever!). Several people from my barn will be there, so I'll be all over the place. I'll wear my COTH cap though!

How about the Saturday of the GP around 6, we all meet at Viva's for din din? Then around 7 we walk to the GP. Sound good? I think we can also do it on a Saturday during the Preview for the people who can't go to the GP. Sound good? Lemme here you say YEAHHHHHHH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~*~Helen~*~

Helen, where is Viva's?

I want to come!!

Valerie
    ~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
    Valerie's home page

Viva's is that Mexican restaurant that is right on the corner when you enter LAEC. It's the one will all the poor rental horses tied up as their riders have dinner. I always feel sorry for those horses when I see them standing there at night!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I'm not sure if I'm going to go watch the GP or not. I am considering visiting my friend in Palm Desert that weekend, but I don't know if that is going to work out.

AAJumper,
    I'll look for you. If I'm showing, I'll be riding a black horse in the aa hunters or I'll just be hacking ponies.

Do you need tickets to the GP?? I am up for a little Mexi dinner before (I am always ready to eat!). Gosh, what time do I need to leave Lompoc in order to get down there by 6?? What a drive!

Yes, you need tix, but you can buy them there. However, exhibitors get them for free, and they generally don't limit the # you can get.

hint, hint AAjumper you'll just have to say you have to pick up lots of tickets for friends at your barn! (not that I support lying or anything! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

~Christina~
    "Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!"
    JD;Heathers
    *Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

CB, I'll be doing the A/A Jumpers on a tall seal brown TB mare who likes to stick her tongue out! I'll also be wearing my COTH cap when I'm not riding.

Daytimedrama, I won't even be an exhibitor that week because I flaked out on going. I decided one week was enough for me since I'd have to take off work, etc. But my friend will be showing! And Chef is showing too, right?

How much are the tix???

hey, Ill be at both shows. I dont know who I will be showing or what I will be showing in. I am pretty sure I will do WCE finals on my USET finals horse (miss molly.....) at the national but i never actually know who i am riding until i go into the ring with them.. I have yet to qualify for the LA Junior finals (oops silly me) and dont know if i would have a horse anyways since mine would just come back from NY...but I will be there to school if i am not showing, hope we can all meet there?
    \"Don\'t take life too seriously, you\'ll never get out alive.\" - Van Wilder
    \"You can pick your nose and pick your friends, but you can\'t wipe your friends on the couch.\"

Chanda, the tix usually run $10 I believe.

all just meet at the grass ring around 3-ish?

~*~Helen~*~

Do you have any idea what time the GP would end. It is outside so probably not much after dark right? I think it is a 3 hour drive home. Anyone want to share a hotel room?? I hate night driving!!

We have never actually met but I had a nice chat with your mom at The Oaks about a year ago. LOL! But you know my old horse "Chef" because you won the PCHA finals on him. I sold him to Emily. I was happy that you didn't swith horses back for the awards ceremony because Chef loved to win. I am sure he knew he had won it with you!

So we really should meet in person this time! I be showing at the National in the younger A/A hunters on a little chestnut named Jade.

Kylie, there won't be anything going on the grass ring at that show. The GP is in the Equidome, Chanda, and it starts around 7:30 I think. Depending on the # of entries (and if there is a jumpoff) it could end anywhere from 9-10. Last time no one made the jumpoff!!!