The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Weatherford:
    Actually, AAJumper, Linda did say in this case, " almost the same but not quite -- can't move the jumps cuz of decorations and shavings used as part of them leave funny spots... "
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, nonetheless, I would still have liked the opportunity to ride one of Linda's courses. The AA's never get that opportunity at LAEC, other than this M&S course. We did get to ride a Conrad Homfeld course at the Oaks this July, and that was a nice opportunity. Anyway, in the past the AA classic was close enough to the GP that my trainer, who watched the GP the night before (this was last year and the year before, same show) thought it was the same course when she walked the M&S with my friend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chef:
    Jamie Taylor won the WCE (go Jamie!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chef, are you sure it was Jamie Taylor? I had heard it was Morgan Taylor. Since she's from my barn and I won't be seeing anyone with the authoritative news until after Thanksgiving, I'd sure like to know one way or the other.

Cheers, Maggi

[This message was edited by JustaLurker on Nov. 19, 2001 at 04:26 PM.]
    Cheers, Maggi

Hey Chef,

That was MY kid, Sophie Benjamin! Well, I can only take credit for parenting. She's been training with Marcy, Philip, Trudi and Hap and had just switched over to Karen. Sophie's horse was sick so we had planned on skipping the show. She was pretty fried after Indoors. At the last minute, Karen offered her a wonderful eq. horse, Maloma, owned by Shannon Kelly. Sophie had a lesson on her in the early morning then rode her for the first time in the ring Friday afternoon. Let's just say that at the ripe old age of10, years of good training, the priviledge of riding a great hrose, and catch riding many of the wonderful (and not so wonderful) ponies on the West and East Coasts paid off. We think she might be one of the youngest to win it and it was so much fun and a great surprise. Did you see the work off? Her dad and I were so proud! It was a great way for her to start off with a new trainer and a great moment for her old trainers who were leading the cheering section.

More and more bummed now that I didn't go (yes, was reminded of "bummed" when I heard "dude").
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Well, with the same piece of information from 2 "in the know" people, I guess I must have heard wrong. Pity.

Cheers, Maggi
    Cheers, Maggi

Adhock - Congrats to you and yours! Your daughter is a great little rider who seems to really love the sport and the horses.

Justa - Do you ride in Santa cruz? I knew Morgan when she was on her pony. Nice girl.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coreene:
    Grumble. Wish I had gone. How on earth are we going to coordinate which weekend we'll all be in Indio?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds like a lot of people will be there weeks 1 and 2. We should all try to get together and go out for dinner one night!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLBGP:
    Justa - Do you ride in Santa cruz? I knew Morgan when she was on her pony. Nice girl.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, being in my 7th decade (or is it 8th?), I don't ride these days -- just offer moral support. But, yup, I'm from the Santa Cruz area, Aptos being just a bit south.

Yes, Morgan is a very nice girl and is from a lovely, supportive family. She has been doing very well this year!

Cheers, Maggi
    Cheers, Maggi

Maggi, maybe we should reassign everyone with an original name. I am forever getting people mixed up. Now watch, it will be your Taylor and not Karen's Taylor, and then to be even more confusing I am sure that there were some first names of Taylor in that class as well.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coreene:
    Maggi, maybe we should reassign everyone with an original name. I am forever getting people mixed up. Now watch, it will be your Taylor and not Karen's Taylor, and then to be even more confusing I am sure that there were some first names of Taylor in that class as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, you're sure right about the multitude of Taylors, both first and last names, these days. I wonder what happened years ago that made that name so popular. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] The last name comes with the territory and you get it or don't, but it's an unusual first name.

Cheers, Maggi
    Cheers, Maggi

Congrats Adhock! You must be VERY proud! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I did not see the workoff because I was waiting to show in the other ring but my mom watched it and was amazed at how difficult it was and how well all the youngsters handled it! And to think I was still learning diagonals at 10!

And to confuse you even more, Coreene, J. Taylor trains at Far West, and she has a younger sister Katie. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And to prove there really are 6 degrees of seperation using the equine Chef as the example...

I bought the Chef from Sophie's old trainers (Hap, Philip, Marcy, & Trudy) then sold him to Emily who now trains with Sophie's current trainers (Karen, Fred & Melissa) and Jamie Taylor switched horses to win the PCHA finals on Chef. Everyone get that? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well now I'm even more confused. I didn't know you had sold Chef, I thought that you had only leased him out. Did you ever find out why they called him Chef??
    EDDIE WOULD GO

WCE results:
    1. Jamie Taylor
    2. Elsa Horrigan
    3. Rebecca Menco
    4. Katy Brandes
    5. Karrie Rufer
    6. Jordan Lubow
    thats all I remember

Adhock.....why did you switch to Karen? and who else placed in the onodarka?
    \"A good horse is never a bad color.\" Anonymous

You must be glowing still. How wonderful for all of you. Now I am kicking myself even more for not going. And I hear that the class was HUGE as well.

Post photos!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

~Santa Barbara County~ CA Clique, Vertically Gifted Clique & AAAA Clique

AAJumper and Weatherford, I watched that class go on Sunday and the course was a little bit different. There was a different first fence and a couple tiny changes but it was very similar and just as fun to watch.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

The final ten of the LAHSA Junior Medal finals included three pairs of sisters--Horrigans, Taylors and ???
    The Evil Chem Prof

the 3rd pair of sisters is the Hinthers

Aw. I'm glad to hear Em was 1st and 2nd in the Marshall and Sterling! She is so nice! Do you know if she won on her black horse or the cute paint one? She rides so so well.

-Alex-