The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

I was only going to go for the Preview, but for some reason against logic I decided to go to the LA National also. I must be insane to plan to show at LAEC for two weeks in a row. Of course, my barn friend were NO help in talking me out of it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] I feel like I'm addicted to crack and my friends are a bunch of enablers! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

So anyway, it would be fun to meet if anyone plans on going....although I was quite unsuccessful in meeting anyone at the last LAEC show, despite wearing my COTH cap!!!

I was only going to go for the Preview, but for some reason against logic I decided to go to the LA National also. I must be insane to plan to show at LAEC for two weeks in a row. Of course, my barn friend were NO help in talking me out of it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] I feel like I'm addicted to crack and my friends are a bunch of enablers! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

So anyway, it would be fun to meet if anyone plans on going....although I was quite unsuccessful in meeting anyone at the last LAEC show, despite wearing my COTH cap!!!

larlanger Guest

Welcome! It will be nice to have you at the shows. I hope the weather stays nice.

Slightly more southern than where I was raised darlin

I am going to the GP again, just need to make a meeting place lol! And I think a friend of mine is going to the preview so I might be going there too.

~*~Helen~*~
    Mother to a 16-year-old 16.1h Dark Bay TB Mare by the name of Kylie
    ------------------------------
    Juss mah-be, tha-yah ain\'t beh nothin like a southern lahday

Thanks Larlanger, I hope the weather changes from today! It was HOT and DRY!!! And I imagine that Burbank was even hotter than where I was. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Just keep that cold water coming to the rings, we'll need it if the weather is like today was! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Kylie, I am done Saturday so I don't know if I'll stay for the GP!

LarLanger, since you're here....who is doing the course designs for the AA jumper ring at the Preview and National? It seems Scott Starnes usually does them, but at the last show, they didn't seem like his courses, and they weren't on the paper he usually uses that has his name. They seemed, well, a little dull...not one triple combination, not even in the M&S classic! And never more than one combination. It was a little disappointing.

What happened to the Pony Express sandwich ladies that were at the Trail's End arena? They are sorely missed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] We do not, however, miss the cows that used to live next to that arena. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I should mention that the exhibitor parties had excellent food at the Jumping Festival. The fruit with cut roll sandwiches was fabulous, as was the pancake breakfast w/sausage. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Santa Barbara County~ CA Clique, Vertically Gifted Clique & AAAA Clique

If you can tell me the dates of both shows and when the GP is I would love to come down and watch. We 'should' be finishing up harvest soon and now it is time for me to PLAY!! Working from 5am to 10pm doing hard labor really gets you excited for when it is all over, hehe! I have really been meaning to go to some shows and watch the jumpers and meet more BBers so this sounds like a good opportunity.

The Preview is Nov 7-11, and the LA National is Nov 14-18. The GP is Nov 17 at 7pm. I think Chef was saying that she would be at the LA National, so Chris would be there too I would assume.

aww... If I was going to have a trainer in Nov then I would show, but maybe I'll go and hang out down there. Unfortuantly I didn't get to try any food at the exhibitors party because I was still warming up for my Children's classes when they were finishing! (classes a little late maybe?)

~Christina~
    "Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!"
    JD;Heathers
    *Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

Yep! I'll be at the National only (2nd show.) I would prefer going to the Preview but I'll actually be in Cincinnati visiting Mr. Chef. He has been gone about 3 months, Its time for me to just sack it up an go.

We will all have to meet up at teh show! I have yet to meet Kylie!

AAJumper - I am usually concerned about this show always being too cold! But I guess the last time I was showing here was when I did all the nightime medal finals. Brrrrrrrr!

Chef, I sure hope it is colder than yesterday! But yes, I remember it being cold in the evenings last year too. I think the temperature was perfect during the day, if I remember correctly. What I distinctly remember was the horrible gnats hanging out in the shade in the Allen arena. Cypress was going nuts! She hates bugs, they make her crazy.

Now what's this about Mr.Chef being in Cincinnati for three months??? When is he coming back? I remember you mentioned that you might move there, but I didn't realize he actually went! Okay, I guess I can't complain that Mr.AAJumper worked all 3 days of this weekend (24 hr shifts)!!! 3 days is nothing compared to 3 months!!!

Daytimedrama, when is your trainer moving? Did you decided to stay at the current barn for a while? As for the last show, wow...some of those classes went really late! Yikes!

well I'm not going on Nov, 1 but if I can get the money together I'll go in Dec. ::fingers-crossed!!!:: I actually have to go talk to my mom right now about the preview, hmm when do entries close, with my luck tomorrow!

~Christina~
    JD;Heathers

So you think it's cold out there? Bring your coat to Cincy. E-mail me if you need anything while you are back here.

From Allergy Valley USA
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Well, DaytimeDrama....the entries do indeed close tomorrow! And unfortunately, there aren't any shows in December, as far as I know.

[This message was edited by AAJumper on Oct. 15, 2001 at 12:54 AM.]

Unfortunately that would be a total of 18 months that Mr. Chef will be in Cincy. I did opt to stay here (weather, job, horse.) He knows he falls in line behind those things. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I just have yet to actually go visit him there!

Thanks findeight...I hope that next spring that I will visit him during a show at the KHP so i can watch - hopefully we can meet. I have a friend who trains with John Roper so I'd love to meet up with her, too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AAJumper:
    Well, DaytimeDrama....the entries do indeed close tomorrow! And unfortunately, there aren't any shows in December, as far as I know.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    oh yeah I know there are no shows in Dec, I meant move barns in Dec.

~Christina~
    JD;Heathers

California born and raised... Current Virginia resident

Hey guys! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I will be at both Preview and National, so come find me!

~Hads~
    &
    ~Wishful Thinking~
    "Imagine all the people,
    living life in peace..."
    ~John Lennon~
    - Hadley -

I'm planning on going to the National, and maybe the first one too, if someone will tell me when it is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We should all arange to meet

Valerie
    ~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
    Valerie's home page

Slightly more southern than where I was raised darlin

I am finally going to meet you CHEF!!! WOOOHOOO! I met In The Gate, so I will have no problem finding her, and I found Cypress last time so if you see a REALLY REALLY white girl walking around there, then thats most likely me. I will have my el cheapo camera-o with me, and most likely I will completely ditch my trainer this time and kick it with In The Gate. Peoples, since we are ALL going, we need to make a meeting place at a good time! I am all for it, cuz I am going to be there all day Saturday for the National, no Preview I think. SO lets get this baby going!

~*~Helen~*~
    Mother to a 16-year-old 16.1h Dark Bay TB Mare by the name of Kylie
    ------------------------------
    Juss mah-be, tha-yah ain\'t beh nothin like a southern lahday

Now I know I am really nuts....I ended up changing my mind, and decided not to go to the National, just the Preview. I woke up at 5:30 this morning thinking, "WHY am I going for 2 weeks in a row???" I'd rather spend the money on a nice digital camcorder!!! And I don't want to deal with getting the extra time off work, since my classes go Thurs-Sat.

Anyway, if everyone is going to plan to get together on Saturday of for the GP, I might show up, since my trainer will be down there at the show. Only one person from my barn will be showing though. Is anyone going to be at the Preview?