The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I'm going to start a third thread guys. It'll be there, if we need it.

Heather, in response to your response from my response as the response to the response from the driving person [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] the reason I responded that way is because we need to get out of the "It's not MY discipline so it's not my problem" mindset. I think it's sad that you have the same nindset as they do. It's not just the problem of the hunter world, it's all of our problem and the more of us there are to fight it the better.
    Is minic a rinne bromach gioblach capall cumasach
    An awkward colt often becomes a beautiful horse .

Ah, much as I feared DevilDog, you misunderstood me. I absolutely do not believe that it is just "your" disipline, and I agree that this should be something the whole of horsesports is involved in. I agree with you completely on that. What I was trying to say was, don't think that this individual is the antichrist, just because he/she didn't "get" what you were saying the first time around. If you haven't seen the depth and breadth of what's written here it is hard to imagine that such is the case--especially if there are similar circumstances within your own discipline. E-mail this person these threads, and see if you don't get a different response--if you don't then fine, fire away, because to read these testimonials and not be moved IS a disgrace.

Does that make any better sense?

You took my reply totally wrong, I in no way made it sound like they were the anti-christ, It was not very negative, and I don't see how you took it that way. I re-read it doesn't sound like I am putting down a specific person, and it is in the same tone as what was written to me. What I was trying to do is RAISE AWARENESS and the response I got from that particular person was pretty much "it's not my discipline so it doesn't concern me" I wasn't aware of this problem before either, but guess what? My initial response was not "Well, I am a dressage rider and WE don't have that problem." So what you said about her initial response I feel is totally bogus. Because I did something about it, I started e-mailing everyone, even the president of the AHSA. BUT IT CAN'T STOP THERE! As Snowbird says, we gotta keep on them and NOT take the attitude of that driving person. I was totally offended by her response.

DevilDog, I guess I just didn't see her response in the same way you did--it seemed to me that she was trying to understand why you were contacting her since I would imagine most of her correspondance from strangers is related strictly to driving issues. In fact, her intial line "Are you sure you aren't talking about riding issues" indicated to me that she wasn't 100% clear that you weren't trying to discuss driving with her. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just felt like she was more confused than turning her nose up at you.

And I also was taking issue with you saying that I was taking an "it's-not-my-discipline-so-who-cares" attitude, becasue I tried hard to point out that I personally have been VERY moved by these threads, and have recommended them as reading to friends in my and other disciplines.

Again, I believe 100% in what you are doing--and I commend you for your actions. I guess I just interpreted her letter in a different fashion that you did.

Not trying to argue--just clarify my point/position

Ok Heather! Friends? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sounds Good!

One of those city that are big towns, real big!,San Antonio TX

Glad to see you two made up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    \"I\'m going to go see a horse about a man\" - Unknown

Moving this one up, too. Please don't post here, just read and post to Weight III.
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Moving this up again - post replies to Weight III or Weight....Back Again.
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Moving up, yet again, ditto previous comments...