The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

These forums have been so educational for me. Following the recommendations of several members of this board, I now wear exclusively thongs under my power suits.

Alan, are you reading this?

...Erin yells at you for something. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

...and you consider yelling back. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You know you really matter around here when riders you don't know, call you, "Great Warrior Volunteer!"

BarbaraG
    GWV [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

When you force your family to take a family vacation at the same place and time of WEF, just so that you can meet some BBers.

Ironic, isn't it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

When a two-hour car ride with a fellow BBer is consumed with the latest fasion thread or Colin/VTRider escapades [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

- "Don't look at your horse....I'll tell you if you fall off."
    - "The base of the jump is your friend and the way you ride you can never have enough friends."
    \"Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self esteem, they provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls, they give us hope.\"
    - T. Robinson

You go on a job interview and you are asked whom do you admire most or has made the greatest impact on your life? And your reply is: Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, LaurieP, Sea Urchin, coreene, Portia, DMK, and Moesha!

...although some of these sound alittle ridiculous, you know that they are 100% true. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

*Pony Rock*

-- when you remember all 100 of BossHoss's names

-- when you know which poster used to be an underware model (no not me though I do have a rock hard bod [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

-- when the mental picture burnt into your mind of Robby is te one of him wearing his red jogs and those oh so white teeth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-- you get totally excited when you see a video snippet of a certain mad Princess in your in box

-- when someone looses a horse and you mourn like it was yours; when someone wins a show and you brag to friends [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-- when you know that Jair isn't actually taking the summer off, rather he morphed into a rock and is sitting in my front lawn

-- when you totally miss this thread the first time aorund and spend an hour reading all 8 pages of it laughing your arse off and very scarily relating to it all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~ Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once ~
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

You've been here too long if.....

A) You've asked for BB'ers to suggest a name for your horse

B) You've actually suggested a name (or several)

C) You've actually named somebody else's horse

D) You find the the constant "Name my horse!" threads annoying and ridiculous

but you've truly been here too long when it's

E) ALL OF THE ABOVE [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "Lighten up, Francis." -Stripes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hillary Clinton:
    These forums have been so educational for me. Following the recommendations of several members of this board, I now wear exclusively thongs under my power suits.

Alan, are you reading this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh be still my beating heart... I see the Dow rising as we speak. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Hillarykins, are you ready to dump Bill and let me show you what REAL power is all about? We would be good for the economy. I am sure of it.
    [i]\"In the beginning, there was only inflation... hyperinflation from a tiny, extremely valuable pinpoint of superdense matter. And from that primeval fireball emerged Alan Greenspan, from which all good emanates. His monetary policy drifted throug

...you remember way back when Erin gave out awards to whomever posted the most for the month, started the greatest number of posts, etc... and it got just alittle bit out of hand! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

*Pony Rock*

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Ah, the infamous BB stats... a short, but memorable, period in COTH history.

BTW, the "winners" are usually the same people now as they were then. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pony Rock:
    ...you remember way back when Erin gave out awards to whomever posted the most for the month, started the greatest number of posts, etc... and it got just alittle bit out of hand! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

_*Pony Rock*_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dearest Pony Rock, I believe it lasted less than two months! ie: Queen Heidi and Queen Merry! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

How about when you visit a city you haven't seen in forever and all you can think about is meeting fellow BBers with photos......and all they can ask when you meet is "Where's the bar"....
    Thanks to Bumpkin and Hoopoe for smoothing a short business related visit for a stranger in a strange land.
    I Grok.

The Horse World. 2 people, 3 opinions. That's the way it is.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

You are secretly relieved that your father was held up in a meeting the evening he was supposed to ship you to the barn, just so you can talk to the BB'ers a little while longer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*Every day you make decisions. Every day those decisions affect everyone around you. Just think, your choosing white over brown could quite possibly bring on a global dispute over bread preferences [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]*
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

When you monitor a thread so closely, that you reply to someone in nearly 'real' time...

Of course, mice aren't humans, but we are very excited by the results.
    ~This is *way* more fun than doing something productive~

...And they reply in a like manner...
    ~This is *way* more fun than doing something productive~

I think that Erin should give us a peek at the BB stats [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We promise to be good!

I promise on a stack of encyclopedias! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~Erin B #1
    Visit my website!
    When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

Me too! Pretty pretty please Erin? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

- WhitPictures (ha!)
    "Cowards dies a thousand times before their death, the valiant die but once."- Juilas Caesar, Shakespeare
    I must say, I\'ve met some horses whose feet smell far worse than my husband\'s.