The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

The High Drama of it appeals to me.

We need to come up with a COTH BB-exclusive "how many ___ does it take to _____?" thing.

I've thought of it often. There's always a pattern here. You post, "shorten your sig file" and you can almost predict how the thread will unfold!

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

And worst of all.... after reading here for months, you take up riding again, after a 20 year break, because the board reminds you of how much fun it all is.
    \"I hope you realize this is where you belong.\"
    Kirk McLeod 7N

when you see a certain topic in the subject line and know who will answer the thread [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
    Ellipses users clique ...
    TGFPT,HYOOTGP

The Virginians' would get scolded for being too "cliquish"?

Thank you, Californians, thank you Canadians! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

even the moderators call your child by her pet name, and know her marital status.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You know who Sumo Toddler and Beast are, and that they are engaged
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

I thought I was the only one who did that. I can't begin to tell you how much this BB has cost me in the last 2 years. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

And you automatically think of Robby Johnson's rendition describing how Bambi felt when Jair got Lovely Alice....LOLOLOL!

I need to search for that. It was some of my better work.

Also ...

*** when you send someone you have never met a wedding gift (Hilary!) BUT, you actually became the bestest of buddies back on the old USCTA BB and have moved along to COTH.

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Robby's work of art:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And here is Alice and Bambi's horsey version ...

"Now that I've got you out of my life
    I'm so much better
    Thought I couldn't trot without you
    But I'm trotting
    Thought I couldn't jump without you
    Spreadin' oxers
    Thought I couldn't snort without you
    I neigh harder
    Thought I would be lame without you
    But I'm sounder
    Thought Puffin would feed me too much grain
    Didn't founder

We've got admirers, we're going to make it, we're going to survive, as long as there are COTH's admirers!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

ETBW where is JAir? I believe I saw him at a show a couple months ago, but he never answered my posts, and I didnt see him at the show this weekend....where's he at?

*Every day you make decisions. Every day those decisions affect everyone around you. Just think, your choosing white over brown could quite possibly bring on a global dispute over bread preferences [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]*
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

When you start dreaming about it. Seriously, last night I had a dream that I slept in to like late afternoon and when I woke up, I got online, and there was a thread asking where I was.

It's sad.

Goshen, New York (cutest little hossie town in NY)

you know what it means when you say you came out of lurkdom and killed a thread (sob - i might have done it again)

(well, not all of it, because I have no idea what some of the inside jokes are, having only been around for about a year)

... I just suggested on the COTH Caps thread that we all get coolers in the COTH buttercup color, with orangey brown trim, and embroider our user names on them.

I need ... INTERVENTION!

You email a friend that lives a thousand miles away and say "pst...have you seen the Boards?" - and she knows exactly where to look!

Or, when you are standing at the in gate and realize the announcer just introduced the entry as someone you know who posts on the board (hi Heather Dobbs - Woodedge June show) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CAH:
    Or, when you are standing at the in gate and realize the announcer just introduced the entry as someone you know who posts on the board (hi Heather Dobbs - Woodedge June show) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    WHich reminds me. HN73 did you show sidesaddle this past Saturday at Warrenton?

Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

You know you have been on this board too long when you know exactly who Jair is, and why he isn't posting...

LIU - Jair is going back to school, and is taking the summer off and put himself on a self-imposed BB/Computer moratorium. He did sneak back once though. We KNEW he couldn't resist!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein (1878-1955)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

So Intent Guest

When you check the time of the last posts instead of a clock, so you can be on time to go meet another BBer

Hmmm, MsRid gets out of work at 3... last post was made at 2:35 on the off course forum... yeah, about time to leave.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>WHich reminds me. HN73 did you show sidesaddle this past Saturday at Warrenton? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sigh...see thread "HN73 is doing Side Saddle....."

"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

7Nations and Sleepy -

Add yet another memeber to "these BB's FORCED me to start riding again" support group...

Anne
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

someone you grew up with (who moved to the other side of the continent and you hadn't seen/heard from in 15 years) emails you when she finds a memorial thread you posted about a horse!

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.