The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

*** you think nothing of accepting packets of pink stuff that smokes when you put it on your horse - across an international border - from your BB friend who swears it works!

*** you think nothing of sending non-Canadian-approved medications across the border labeled "horse vitamins" on the Fed Ex customs declaration sheet! (Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures ...)

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

I'm a little scared that I UNDERSTAND most of this stuff and I haven't even been around that long...And where can I get a hat? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Baby horse has arrived and I already have a vet bill for stitches....
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

You meet a friend of a real-life friend who also happens to be a friend of a fellow BBer...and you figure out the connection! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You've shown up at a public riding facility in a state you just moved to and had several people offer to let you ride their very nice horses around the XC course...

You hang out (during business hours, no less) with people you've met on the BB, and meet others who know ALL the same people as you (and can tell you stories about way-back-when, in return for your filling in the whatever-happened-to). (Begin theme song: "It's a Small World...")

You poll your horse while jumping him in draw reins without wearing a helmet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] -- but know better than to talk about it here!! --Jess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You've shown up at a public riding facility in a state you just moved to and had several people offer to let you ride their very nice horses around the XC course... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our Frying Pan outings have been wonderful! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

How about when you are temporarily sent to another state, you post on the BB for help!

(Hobson and N2Jumpers, it was so nice having you!, Florida BBers, look after our Clive's Mom)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

That you check this thread compulsively to make sure that you haven't missed out on anything.

Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute

This has probably already been said, but...

The friends you have made on this bb are people you really hope to meet in person one day.

Especially if you are armed with a frying pan behind your back. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

but you have the COTH BB set as your "home page" when you access the 'Net.

You beg/borrow/steal a laptop to take with you on vacation so you don't miss a juicy moment!

Laurie
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarapony:
    That you check this thread compulsively to make sure that you haven't missed out on anything.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo! If we were to make a "Top Ten Reasons You Know You're Addicted to COTH" t-shirt, that would be number one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yikes!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    Yikes!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And everyone from my computer's class this past year... "Sooo, what's going on at that board. The one where the guy used horse clippers to shave his legs?" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Anne, the owner of a PrettyFilly-
    "Change is inevitable...except from a vending machine."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You beg/borrow/steal a laptop to take with you on vacation so you don't miss a juicy moment! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Auntie Pat and I both used the internet at the Bourne library while on vacation last summer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

The relationship you are in was made possible via someone you met on the BB [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

After the great chiggers and clear nail polish incident?

Robby

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Original Poster

Ahem... mylilpony, didn't someone get a limit set on his/her/its/their alters? I'm counting at least a couple roaming around out here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Robby, we know WAY too much about you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(Although I think my all-time favorite recent thread was the one about setting your Blunnies on fire. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
    Ahem... mylilpony, didn't someone get a limit set on his/her/its/their alters? I'm counting at least a couple roaming around out here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>NOT FAIR that he gets to have all those alters and I don't get a single one! ERIN!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!!

Original Poster

He is supposed to get ONE alter. You, my dear, used up your supply of "fair" a very long time ago. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Besides, you cause enough trouble just as yourself! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Random guy (a BBer, unbeknownst to you at the time) walk up to you in the schooling ring at moderator's sister's show one day and say "So this must be Dixie..." while you're sitting there saying to yourself "Who is th- oooh. I know him."

Heh! I'm either going to be mauled or put on the rack for sharing that story [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

- ESK -
    http://community.webshots.com/user/dreaminblue616

You have more than one internet window open to more effectively browse the boards - one for Hunter/Jumper, another for Off Course and a third to follow the current BB choices for stud of the year.

You have a separate section on your AIM/MSN/whatever buddy list for COTH ppl.

- ESK -
    http://community.webshots.com/user/dreaminblue616

You're STILL waiting for your hat [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

- "Don't look at your horse....I'll tell you if you fall off."
    - "The base of the jump is your friend and the way you ride you can never have enough friends."
    \"Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self esteem, they provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls, they give us hope.\"
    - T. Robinson

You have traveled out of state (for me it was to VA) for a horse show (Upperville) to meet a bunch of people from the BB for the first time... and not only lived to tell the tale, but went back for more.

You get a higher percentage of email from fellow bbers than from work colleagues or other friends.

You have recruited at least two bbers to move to your barn.

You have slept in the same room with Moesha, slugger and VTRider.

And finally... you are brave enough to fly to Salt Lake City and be met at the airport by Colin, who you've never met before....