The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

1. When you're shopping for a western saddle, you look at the shape of the seat and its proximity to the horn and you say to your sister, "Oh, I think riding in that would bring on a case of the Inverness Problem." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

2. You can identify which female posters would gladly join a "Law & Order Ho" fan club, or the "Women Who Lust After Swarthy Men" support group

3. You accept that Duffy is the Sheriff of the huntseat Fashion Police

4. If someone asks you, "Should I put a standing martingale on my hunter just for cosmetic purposes" you shudder and run away in fear [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

5. You meet up with Bob and Debbie McDonald and your first words are, "We had this long thread on the Chronicle bulletin board... well, never mind, it's a long story... But whatever happened to Kimmie?"

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

...You have rearranged plans that would keep you away from the computer to accomodate OT Day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

...You not only know who all the people on the BB are, but can also correctly identify who Hammie, Barbie, Kendall, Fred, Rhodey, Elliot, George, Cypress, Jade, Tilly, RRB, etc. belong to. Further bonus points if you also know posters' dogs' names! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

...You plot ways to veil OT topics in horse-relatedness. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

...You can pinpoint in what forum and on what date (within a month or two) a particular thread appeared, for more effective searching in the archives.

...You can explain how to post a photo to someone else.

...You take photographs of things you never would have thought photo-worthy in pre-BB days, just so you can post them to illustrate a story.

...You know that draw reins are "bad" and auto releases are "good."

...You gave up celebrating each 1000-post marker about 2000 posts ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:

...You not only know who all the people on the BB are, but can also correctly identify who Hammie, Barbie, Kendall, Fred, Rhodey, Elliot, George, Cypress, Jade, Tilly, RRB, etc. belong to. Further bonus points if you also know posters' dogs' names! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXCUSE ME, Erin!!!!!! You will NOT forget PPP and PK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

...You get harrassed almost daily by some crazy lady in Utah, just because she once saw you in your pajamas. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

...You remember the good old days, when said crazy lady in Utah was banned from the BB! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] And you even remember the episode that got her evicted. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

No one seems to notice, but I'm constantly staring at my computer and either laughing or crying. I think they just think I'm a sensitive thing....and I'm starting to get a touch of carpal tunnel [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

It's the "you know what we were talking about on the Coth board today" when my husband and I get home from work. One night I actually logged on and had him read some of the stuff from that day.....he was howling. Shoot, he was just laughing at all the subject lines.

Superheroes of the universe, unite!

http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
    ...You get harrassed almost daily by some crazy lady in Utah, just because she once saw you in your pajamas. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

...You remember the good old days, when said crazy lady in Utah was _banned_ from the BB! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] And you even remember the episode that got her evicted. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muuuaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! That was my very best work! Poor so sleazy.....oh my!

- you just got home from a clinic recommended by BBer's

-you get right on the computer to e-mail a BBer to see if she's still holding her book sale soon, so you can put your pony in her yard on your way to a lesson with Jeff Cook who was recommended by several other BBers

- then you e-mail a student - met first on the BB - to see about scheduling lessons

- and all this takes about 4 hours between checking up on threads and CW Anderson e-bay sales recommended by that same bad influence bi-continental BBer

I used to work for an excellent outdoor recreation company which strove to have the lines between work and play merge.

My line between virtual and real is getting veil thin, I tell you...

. . . you have come to the conclusion that there are only two kinds of people in this world: Those who use draw reins and those who don't!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Hattie is both a dog and a poster!
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

~the back of my horse, where the view is best!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elizabeth:
    . . . you have come to the conclusion that there are only two kinds of people in this world: _Those who use draw reins and those who don't!_
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    And those who put vanity over sanity [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    (non-aproved vs approved helmets)

~<>~ Daedalus built the Labyrinthe, so winding and complicated a structure that no man or beast, once shut inside, could ever find the exit~<>~

Virginia and North Carolina, Parrothead Clique!

- You know which former Olympian the crazy lady in Utah dated in college!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anne:
    - You know which former Olympian the crazy lady in Utah dated in college!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm.......as much as I would like to believe you, I must be honest....I never dated him. He's laying on his sister's bed in the photo!!!!

to be envious of Colin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (You still have PPP, though)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

-When your bookmarks are set up so that you don't have to move the mouse to click on COTH.

-You know what a toque is, and secretly are in search of an orange one.

-You remember the Thanksgiving Invasion, and can sing "Oh Canada" in your sleep (even if you are a southerner).

Erin--

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You take photographs of things you never would have thought photo-worthy in pre-BB days, just so you can post them to illustrate a story.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Please tell me you weren't going to post that pic of your new thong! As I understand it, Mr. Merry was rather proud that he was shown to all of us, and lurks to see if we're still admiring him.

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Jeannette said:
    - then you e-mail a student - met first on the BB - to see about scheduling lessons
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, if you're her student and can't locate her phone number, you give a "Jeannette Call Me" yell across the board.

You know which trainer from Virgina that Colin turned gay. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mcdonalds:
    You know which trainer from Virgina that Colin turned gay. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OUCH!

- When you know exactly how many clicks of the mouse it takes and where each link is before the page finishes loading.

- You can talk about sheath-cleaning in detail without skipping a beat

- You can take pictures of your stallion's balls and post it without giving it a second thought

- You know that "uber" is a perfect descriptive word which is way more appropriate than "very" in almost all situations

- you "get" the frying pan jokes and understand that DQ-bashing is grounds for an e-beating

- you know that the resident DQ'd are a source of unending wisdom, knowledge, advice, and bull. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

- while writing notes to your friends at school you use graemlins, but it's just not the same!

- You can remember the winner of the COTH Equine Beauty Pageant, the COTH BB Annual Thread Awards, and various other COTH quizzes/ contests.

- Here's the kicker - You panic whenever Erin plays with the boards and you can't get in: "Eriiiiiin..come on,hurry up...I need to check my thread...COME ON! Erin, the boards are FINE! LET ME IN DAMMIT!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] "

~*Grand Prix schoolmaster = $250,000.....
    *15 yrs training with the world's top trainers = $40,000.....
    *Top hat and tails = $1000.....
    *The final salute after completing your first Grand Prix test = PRICELESS.~ (copyright me!)
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

forgot one :

- You sneaked peaks at the boards during the Thanksgiving Invasion/COTH Strike even though you KNEW there wouldn't be any new threads or posts

~*Grand Prix schoolmaster = $250,000.....
    *15 yrs training with the world's top trainers = $40,000.....
    *Top hat and tails = $1000.....
    *The final salute after completing your first Grand Prix test = PRICELESS.~ (copyright me!)
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the HAT. . .the famous COTH hat that Erin got for us so we can recognize each other when out and about at shows.

* I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. *
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran