The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

You've made more friends in two years than in the entire previous portion of your life

You refer to people by screen names 'cause learning their "real" ones is to much of a pain

You gladly go to the airport to pick up a person you've never met, holding up a sign that says HEIDI!

You chastise the members you do know for not locating Robby at Rolex

You miss Jair

When you have MET Sea Urchin!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

You know that place with the nude beaches? Not there.

you use graemlins that do not exist outside of COTH in your everyday internet conversations... I can always tell I'm IMing a BBer if there's a [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] or a :razz: in there somewhere... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If you've ever been late to work (which is a quarter mile away) because you were waiting for SOMEONE to respond to your thread... (SOMEBODY's gonna respond, I KNOW IT! Just 5 more minutes...)

"It's not getting what you want; it's wanting what you've got..." -Sheryl Crow, Soak Up the Sun

www.geocities.com/winglet18
    Driven insane in the carpool lane...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You run up and check the boards during commercial breaks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, my computer is in the same room as my TV. It's all BB, all the time.

--Jo, who is posting before she goes to the bathroom [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"Because she's got a tattoo, Hank. I think she could use a home-cooked meal."

"...You know that Barbie is a horse and that Beezer is both a human and a jack russell"

a TRUE CoTH addict would know that not only is Beezer a human and a jack russell, but also FatLilPony's fat little pony [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I know I've been going on CoTH too much (is there such a thing?) when...

-I think about current CoTH issues at school, far from my computer.

-I get embarrassed because if I tell a story to a non-internet person chances are the story's about CoTH people [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-My boyfriend is becoming quite well-versed in horse lingo, thanks to my telling him EVERYTHING that happens on the BB.

On a serious note, I have learned SO much since joining, reading, and posting on CoTH. Despite having been riding for over 10 years, I think I've learned the most factual horse information (like stuff you don't learn from riding) since I joined [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks, CoTH!

*EMMA*

When your S.O. recognizes the screen names and is familiar with the personalities involved! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

.....When the judge at a local Utah horse show comes up to you and asks if your horse is the famous "Perfect Peppermint Pete"......(show name is "Wake Up Call")

I almost died! Was sitting in announcers booth with some friends - judge came over to drop off cards with steward, saw me, and asked if my horse was PPP and if I was really Colin!!!!!

Apparently the judge doesn't post....she's just a lurker...I wonder how many lurkers are out there!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Of course, PPP DID receive the HIGHEST SCORE of the horse show as well as won first place in EVERY SINGLE o/f class!!!!! (2nd in hack).

GO PPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

... when I get together with another BBer and dish on BB happenings.

As if I'm not a big enough goofball for being riveted to it, in my spare time, I feel the need to discuss it. And discuss it. And discuss it some more. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

You know the significance of PETF, baby quiches and fromage abuse in general...

You know who thinks they are codespeak about him...

You wonder if Hilary will EVER dump Bill for Alan.

You know what type of wine to bring to the Dog Park.

You try to type "" in an e-mail

[Rant/off] is a part of your vocabulary...

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty. "
    - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

LOL that is awesome! PPP is famous [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I also chat with my barn friend who posts here about current BB threads and fights, etc. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

*EMMA*

Using the phase "INVERNESS SYNDROME" in conversation and wondering why people don't get it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club! RIP my dear Avery ~3/21/1995-9/21/2011~

Extreme Cat!!! 2006 OTTB
    Magic Cat - Final Demand

You actually understand where Moesha's posts are coming from--and what they mean.

Always,
    FairWeather
    ""Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."--Homer
    FairWeather
    CANTER West Virginia

I think that's just YOU, honey [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] J/K.

*EMMA*

You fear the YSOD.

(Yellow Scooter of Death for those of you who missed that one.......)
    "Lighten up, Francis." -Stripes

if you also know that Beezer the person is named for the original Beezer the horse .....
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

Beezer the dog is named for Beezer the person. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

you have finally met fellow BBers and keep forgetting to use their given names and slipping back to BB name

(which, by the way, confuses Portia's trainer no end)
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I must hang my head in shame... for missing the YSOD reference opportunity (me, of ALL people!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty. "
    - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

...You always looked forward to Flash44 changing her sig line to more of her Merlin-isms (Maryland-isms)- no offense to ELO, Flash.

...You have no idea what a Glebe is.
    "Lighten up, Francis." -Stripes

You dont know what a glebe is, but we sure are lookin for them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Always,
    FairWeather
    ""Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."--Homer
    FairWeather
    CANTER West Virginia

You know that panty lines are absolutely unacceptable!

*Pony Rock*