The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

This is starting to sound like quite a soiree!! But it could get ugly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I will also bring some munchies - the beverage dept. seems to be taken care of. One question though - which is the official date for the get together and what location (ring or hillside). I guess that was 2 questions - OOPS!!

DMK- you and Robbie are cordially invited to be the testers for our ring. Maybe Lisa and her family will join in. The ring is huge so there is room for plenty more.

The GHJA website schedule says the S.E. Regionals are going to be at Wills Park instead of Chateau Elan - am I confused?

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

The GHJA website would be wrong, although it was originally scheduled for Wills Park. Methinks John Rush learned where the better footing is!

irish... I suggest we start out AT the ring, then remove ourselves to the hill (under the trees) before the irate mommas and trainers remove us by force [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

I think you are *correct* about Mr. Rush's learning curve!!

We can certainly make adjustments to the specific location as the weather dictates... I'm guessing shade might be a good thing... hate when a nice Pinot is overly warm, don't you? Not to mention, it does *bad* things to the cheese puffs.

Shall we shoot for 12:30-ish at ringside for preparations?
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Yes, DMK, having just returned from vacation, I am now reading this thread. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

A get-together sounds wonderful to me. I'll be yet another person supplying something to drink. Nobody eats my cooking, if they can avoid it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

You noticed that many people put me on the list for "bottled drinks" as opposed to "edible food", right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

So Julie - are you going to joint the Northeastern migration to Chateau Elan?

OK, where is lmh?
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

I was thinking the same thing about lmh being absent from the planning. She hasn't been on the BB in awhile, if I am correct. I didn't notice what day was decided upon - would someone please clarify. I will hopefully be bringing a BB virgin with me - she is my partner in crime at our new barn. She's abit on the quiet side - we'll see what we can do to change that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Are diamonds mandatory for attendence?

Julie - you can catch a ride with Charis and myself if interested.

but not required!! Although you all have to oooh and ahhh at my new tennis bracelet. (It isn't a ROCK but it certainly was acceptable as a measure of good faith!!)

I believe we agreed on 12:30-1:00-ish at ringside on the 16th.

Just an observation, I note that we seem to be looking at more alcohol than food... Perhaps we should be planning hotel rooms, or possibly arranging to take the following Monday as a personal day...hehe it would *not* be the first time!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    -PaulaEdwina

Okay, ladies. I will bring some food so that we will be able to balance our intake. Sounds like a plan on the 16th. I've never met anyone from COTH that I didn't already know- this is a test!

RolexH, we should go find our rust breeches and rubber boots so we can impress everyone! (Remind me to leave Emma's good leash at home.) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am off for a happy hour now, so I will rejoin the conversation soon. Hopefully I can make it to a few barns tomorrow and will report to you all. Don't worry, moderator, I will hold my toungue where necessary. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

Just got back from pigging out, ooops, having DINNER with Irish Horse Woman.

I'm so PROUD...my baby Savannah went for her 2nd only ride in the trailer(and first in a year). She was a little doll. She and her sister Annie are visiting the dressage lady while I'm at the Pony Finals.

I then took a swing by to see Irish and Jackie at 3 Bears. UNBELIEVABLE!! Hadn't been by in a week and 1/2. It is really gorgeous. I was even able to use the fantastic new drive, no need to back up with that darn trailer there!!

Julie Montgomery.. sincere thanks for the testimonial on my "guac". You, of course, MUST join us at Chateau Elan.

DMK, LUCAS, Eq Chic,ROLEX, ETC. ETC.
    I look forward to meeting you in the flesh. Sounds like the libations to be served guarantee fun will be had by all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Charis on Aug. 10, 2001 at 11:28 PM.]
    Come alive in 2005!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But... and here's an idea... how about a COTH outing DURING the regionals on Sunday? I see a few coolers of beer, wine and munchies, while watching some pretty decent eq trips. If we aren't tired after that, we can remove ourselves to the pub... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sitting here getting progressively jealous the more and more I read this thread, that all of you are going to be having the (relaxing, I might add) time of your life on a day that I'm gonna be more nervous and worried than I've been since uh...last year at Regionals... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Unfortunately (or probably fortunately), I will not be in Atlanta to provide the entertainment- as I did last year, doing a nose dive into jump 5- for ya'll because I'm doing my Regionals in another region, but I hope you have a ton of fun!

~*~Megan~*~
    -Megan

Spend the day at Six Flags, and come back to three pages!

DMK, sweetie, we discussed pubbing, but as I recall, no plans ever materialized. Uhhhh, no one was there but me... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sounds good about regionals. As we all know, I can critique right up there with DMK and Irish, but sometimes I'm not as, ummm, brutal...

Lucassb, you're right about S'dale being a nice place, but I just can't afford to put three there. I was talking about reasonable board, for horsemen, not the "let's see who really wants to be here because they can afford it" crowd. Not talking about you, Lucassb. You're one of us... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Remind me to tell you a story about the day we were over there.

I will probably not be showing at Regionals, and I doubt Rachel will, unless she goes with Other Trainer. So I'm definitely up for the Maclay watch. I prefer bay breezes though... Yummm.... But Irish, remember that great dip? I'm gonna make it.

And EqChick, I may have the solution to your horse dilemma. Don't know why I didn't think of it before. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

OKay after all of this "wine" talk I HAD to do a test run last night. My husband and I opened our Biltmore special reserve. I got a little light headed. I need to rebuild a wine tolerance. MUST PRACTICE MORE.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Well I am sure this is earth Shattering for each and everyone of you, but I have schedueled an inlaw visit that weekend. Fortunatly my inlaws live only 1 1/2 south of Eqchick!! (They live in Perry Georgia/Macon area) Yahoooo! I will just drive up and stay in the big city and then come and P-A-r-t-y with the gals. I will have to make my taco dip huh Eqchick?? I am sure Eqchick can make some weird Indian/or mediteranain treat too.

And guys, I am glowing. I actually had some people respond to my threads on meeting in NY. I will be able to drink with BB-er's all over the country!! After this I will be creating the Alumni Newsletter. Pictures and all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~~Lisa~~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rockford:
    I'm sitting here getting progressively jealous the more and more I read this thread, that all of you are going to be having the (relaxing, I might add) time of your life on a day that I'm gonna be more nervous and worried than I've been since uh...last year at Regionals... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~*~Megan~*~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too Megs! No relaxing for either one of us! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Sunny has put me on an extremely intensive training plan to get my really ready.. I could probably counter canter in my sleep now! LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Sarah
    ~Disgruntled College Students Clique~Georgia Clique~

OK, EqChick, report, report!

And Rachel will definitely not be showing at Regionals -- no jumpers.

So have we all decided it's a go?

It is a go!!! A small contingent from the Northwest side of Atlanta will be there!! We will bring some munchies - the beverage dept. seems to be well taken care of. Since we have the longer drive - we want to make sure we make it safely - need solids to soak up alcohol.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

Sounds good...!

You will note that my description of S-dale included the disclaimer about the cost (argh, way HIGH) ... !!!!!!!! And not likely to get anymore reasonable once the indoor is completed, I'm afraid. If it goes up a penny I will have to figure out a different plan... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Would *love* to spend less... but everytime I have tried, you know what the results have been!! My last boarding adventure at a "reasonable" place cost me Chester's soundness for 5 MONTHS... because they were too stupid/lazy to pull off his WINTER TURNOUT blanket when it was 70 degrees outside one day - the difference in the cost of that vs. S-dale was easily eclipsed by the $100s I spent in vet bills...

I would be sooooo up for a reasonably priced barn catering to adults like us. Are you SURE you won't reconsider selling your farm property?!?!
    -PaulaEdwina

....she is in Chicago on buisness. (my home town) We must conspire with out her. Though, when she gets back I too expect to hear full details: farm hunting, and more!

Ladies: We must keep this thread alive! WE have a month till our big event!!

(FYI: still practicing my art o'consumption I will be in tip top form when the first bottle of vino is opened.)

~~Lisa~~

wooohoooooo-count me in!!!! Thanks DMK for the e-mail and tipping me off to this grande soiree!!!

I have been absent as of late-long story with a VERY happy ending. Needless to say I am as of yesterday the PROUD owner of a darling yearling gelding by Omega out of an All the Gold mare...

Going to name him MegaGold to keep both sides of the family happy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (unless of course there is some famous indoors champ with that name-please correct me if I missed that one!). But that is another story, another thread.

Well I am late to this thread but not to the party!!! I will gladly bring several pitchers of my famous Ritas if that would tempt anyone???

So the 16th mid day and following. Super!! That is Sept 16?? Sunday??? we are talking about????

Funfunfun

Life is too short to dance with ugly men

[This message was edited by lmh on Aug. 14, 2001 at 06:20 PM.]

Is that the yearling that's been for sale on the Warioto site? If so, he's really cute.

Congratulations on the new addition. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]