The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A happy reunion after 20 years...

Part I.

How many of us would give anything to find our first horse-love in our lives? What would you do if you found him or her?

A friend of mine here in Georgia had been looking for information on an Arabian gelding she owned as a child for many years. A post made on a Facebook group helped bring them together.

Cynthia would be the first one to tell you, "One of my earliest memories as a child involved horses." She distinctly remembers her father hoisting her up on her sister's horse, and it was right then and there she knew that her "heart would belong to horses."

She was grateful to have an understanding mom who could help her horse-crazy daughter in her endeavors: arranging free leases in exchange for care, driving an hour round trip for lessons or horse camp, etc. Her dream was to one day have a horse of her own.

All of that changed when her trainer brought an Arabian gelding down from Tennessee whose nickname was "Lightfoot" because when he galloped and trotted in the pasture, it was as if he was floating on air.

Who could stop a horse-crazy girl from [breaking the rules and] barrelling down the aisle to catch a glimpse of this new horse. She describes it as " one of the few take your breath away, stop you in your tracks moments that I experienced in my life. It was love at first sight, and one of the few speechless moments I have ever had."

It was a perfect match the first time she rode him. It was as if they were connected by the heart: a heart horse.

The following Christmas came, and her dream came true: she was to own M.A. Greyson.

Six years went by, and as Cynthia was getting ready to head to college, her dad was retiring from his job, and they sat down for one of the most difficult conversations: Greyson would have to find a "new girl." It took nearly a month to get the courage to put him up for sale and several more months before a buyer was found. Greyson found a family with a 12 year old girl who, too, wanted a horse of her very own. The last time Cynthia saw him was 1992.
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Part II.

A random post on a public Facebook group a few days ago was made by a woman in Alabama who was helping an owner find homes for her four aged horses as she could no longer care for them due to her age and illness.

One of the horses was a twenty-eight year old, underweight, grey Arabian gelding. Cynthia looked, and she looked again, and she started asking questions about the Arabian gelding in the pictures. Could it be him?

With the help of his caretaker acting as a go-between for Cynthia and his owner, she was right: the aged Arabian gelding in the photos was her beloved Greyson, a horse she had searched for for several years and had last seen twenty years ago.

This past weekend Cynthia was able to make a trip to South Alabama to visit with the caretaker and reunite with Greyson.

I wish I could post their reunion video here. I assure you...you will need tissues for it.

While Greyson undergoes some Vetting and gains some weight through proper nutrition, Cynthia is prepping for his arrival to Georgia where she can once again be with her heart-horse and give him a safe and permanent home to live out the rest of his days with "his girl."

If you would like to follow Greyson's journey, Cynthia has set up a Facebook group for him:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/315881385157742/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cynthia-greyson.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	35772  

Bawwwwlll!!!

verklempt just doesn't cut it this time. sniff sniff
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Three cheers for Facebook!
    One of the few remaining CoTHers who has NOT asked for the Lease Gone Bonkers PM And still exercising self control...

YAY!

WOW!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

For those of us who are not facebook savvy* how do you view the video?

*Facebook, myspace, they are all too invasive. Just why do they ask for a cell phone number?
    Got Moles? Call Avagadro.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 View Post
    For those of us who are not facebook savvy* how do you view the video?

*Facebook, myspace, they are all too invasive. Just why do they ask for a cell phone number?
    The video is not available to the public. It is posted on the owner's personal (private) Facebook page.

I don't know what you mean about "why do they ask for a cell phone number?" I've never had Facebook ask for my cell phone number.

The Facebook page information was posted for those persons who are active on Facebook.

awwwwww happy ending!!!!! love love love

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPHILE View Post
    I don't know what you mean about "why do they ask for a cell phone number?" I've never had Facebook ask for my cell phone number.
    They were a few months ago. If you ignore the prompt at sign in enough times it gives up.
    One of the few remaining CoTHers who has NOT asked for the Lease Gone Bonkers PM And still exercising self control...

What a happy ending! Cynthia and Greyson are both so lucky to have each other.

The video can be viewed on the Facebook page--it's public.

And my face is SOAKED in tears.

Crying, what a sweet story

What a wonderful story with a happy ending. After 18 years of searching I found both my favorite mare and my late husband's stallion- now a gelding. They both ave loving owners who were not interested in selling either back to me.

But knowing hey were both safe and living out their lives with people who love them was almost as good as having them with me. Imagine my surprise and joy when I was contacted by the owner of their only offspring. This geliding, the only foal of my beloved mare and one of only three living get of my husband's beloved stallion was19 and in need of a home.

He has been with me four years now. He is the spitting image of his sire and has my mare's disposition and personality.

I wish Cynthia and her Greyson many happy years together. How wonderful that they have found each other again.

So sweet! What a lucky horse!!!

Can't wait to see him filled out, poor fellow!

Great story. I wish they all ended this way. I'm glad the horse is coming back to GA.

I don't sell my horses, and fortunately my parents also believed that a horse is a pet, so mine from childhood are buried here in GA. Parents were great about keeping everyone, dogs, cats and horses.

I hope the old guy lives for many more years in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauruffian View Post
    The video can be viewed on the Facebook page--it's public.

And my face is SOAKED in tears.
    She added it after I posted this Yeah...don't watch the video at work. HAHA

That is wonderful.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.