The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kathy's birthday hat matches her shirt! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

But I think my sister-in-law might actually have known Kathy. They were in the same class at UO. I'll email her. If true, it would be so eerie.

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I don't know if everyone knows or not, but Cactuskate use to post on Towerheads also. I read some of her posts today with tears.

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Wanted to bump this up with a little bit more information. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I asked Kathy's friend and trainer, Jennifer, for an update on Bud, her horse:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bud has a new home now with a couple who thinks he is the smartest,
    prettiest horse they have ever seen. They spend an hour grooming, 1/2
    hour
    riding and another hour grooming. Kathy would really like that! He
    will
    always be in my care as I promised Kathy to watch over him.

Kathy will be missed, there are few people like Kathy who understand
    horsemanship and the great privilege of owning and caring for one of
    God's
    greatest creations!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought everyone would be happy to hear about that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, an update on the "Cactuskate Fund." To date, we have about $2500. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I think there are probably a few straggler checks still coming, but that's the general ballpark of what the grand total will be.

Damn fine job, people! I have more than 80 contributions, and I think that really says a lot.

Thanks again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I think we will have a vote on the charity we'll be sending a big ol' contribution to later in the week... I'm just trying to track down some more info.

Forgot to post my check before I left; I will get it out to you today or tomorrow. So sorry for being so remiss.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I hope CactusKate is smiling as she reads this, and I am sure her steady hand will guide us to the right charity.

Thank you again, Erin

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

How about a huge bag of carrots for Bud? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    I don't mean a $2500 bag of carrots, just sending Bud a carrot bouquet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ohhh a carrot bouquet for Bud would be nice, can we swing that too Erin? Heidi?

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then give up. No use being a damned fool about it" -W.C. Fields
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

I am wiping mascara off my face as I write this.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    I am the webmaster for the Arizona Dressage Association. If there is a scholarship to be set up, the family may want to get in touch with the board of directors of the ADA. They are more than willing to help set up some type of memorial fund to help riders. Just a thought..
    Here's the link.

http://www.azdressage.org/

Thanks for all your effort Erin.
    Dressage: a process by which some riders can eventually be taught to respect the bit

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Thank you Erin, for having this BB and allowing us to know Kathy, virtually. Those pictures bring tears, happier days when she was healthy. We all are very lucky........

Okay, straggler here too. Should I mail it in on Thursday (not going to happen weds) or should I just mail it separately to a cancer foundation in her name?
    1-800
    (sorry!!!)

Seen on a Centre College Democrats T-Shirt
    "Because no one ever said they wanted a good piece of elephant."
    \"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.\"

\"Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked and mercy I found.\"

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

1-800, you can go ahead and send it to me, if you can do it in the next day or so. Just drop me a note and let me know when you send it and how much it will be for, and I'll plan accordingly.