The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    KRASHGIRL Guest

At the request of some who felt it wasn't really appropriate to discuss peepocide on a thread about a rather sobering topic (the Saddlebred rescue), I've copied the peep posts into a new thread.

Carry on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Erin

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 04, 2001 at 11:02 PM.]

KRASHGIRL Guest

At the request of some who felt it wasn't really appropriate to discuss peepocide on a thread about a rather sobering topic (the Saddlebred rescue), I've copied the peep posts into a new thread.

Carry on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Erin

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 04, 2001 at 11:02 PM.]

The saddlebreds issue is sad and deserving of attention, but referring to people as "peeps" (those sugary marshmallow easter things?) and haranguing them at the same time is not the best motivational strategy.

That's what the "peeps" meant? Marshmellow bunnies and chicks? I love them!
    Hobson, I see you are from Philly, I used to date a Professor who taught at Wharton.
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

I would love to donate to every worthy organization out there, but it is just not possible. I have my chosen ones, and the saddlebreds are not included. I don't think this makes me a bad person or deserving of your criticism.

Now, if someone wants to organize a movement to save those poor, innocent, cute little sugary peeps that are consumed by the millions this time every year, I may check under the sofa cusions for some spare change...

It is especially sad because most of the peeps die via beheading [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

it is a quick death! Pity the hundreds of thousands that mummify in their boxes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

mmmmm. I love peeps! I admit it...I go crazy when they hit the shelves in March, then I go even crazier after I eat them because they are almost completely sugar! Delish!
    ---WHX---

Every year, my mom (who works weekends in a Hallmark store to help support my horse habit) brings home crates of Peeps after Easter. First, we blow through a few boxes, then the dog gets them for dinner, and finally the cats get their turn.

My personal favorite peep-torture is to put them in the microwave for a few seconds - watch those bunnies expand! Whoo! Too much fun..
    ---------
    Delighted Studios - I\'m not too proud to beg.

Oh, the humanity!

Are you not a fan of Peep-ocide?
    ---------

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

first, thanks MargaretF - you said it well...

Second, never mind PETA, what about PETP? I think we may have some serious issues here, with the up and coming peepocide that is Easter...

(I agree, after letting 'em get stale, microwaving is the next best thing!)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Delighted - I am opposed to peepocide and peep abuse of any kind. This easter season, I am going to the supermarkets, painting myself pink and standing naked inside a flimsy cellophane-covered box to dramatize the peeps' plight.

Hobson you just made me snort tea out of my nose [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I'll be right there with you handing out goodie bags to young, sugar-loving children filled with headless, melted, and deformed little innocent peeps. Peeps have rights too! Vive la resistance des peeps!
    ---WHX---

Moesha -- I guess by scare tactics, I felt that she gave the impression that those horrid people were going to get the horses back unless people sent money to her organization. It made me more than a little suspicious, and I was very put off by her post, because I am involved with several horse rescue groups and rescue bbs and we get a lot of solicitations like these. Unfortunately, many of the requests turn out not to be legitimate.

Marshmallow peeps -- yummy!

You guys are too funny I needed a good laugh

Save the PEEPS!!!!!

I have my own guys to worry about, not that I don't care what happens to abused & starving horses, but my guys are my first priority. As for our posting about cute male riders....nothing wrong w/ it at all, considering the pickings are pretty slim~ Oh, & by the way~ someone pass me the package of marshmallow PEEPS!

PEEP! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] PEEP! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] PEEP! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] SUZ
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Hobson - my roommate wants to know what I'm laughing about. I think that, since *I* am traumatized by just reading that, I'll keep that one to myself.

HuntJumpSC - Syncronized (sp?) peeping! Ahhh!! You win!

Is anyone else truly scared of the BLUE peeps? I'm contemplating a Peep color bias, against any color not normally found in nature (or, rather, not normally found on fluffed marshmallow sugar treats). Down with blue peeps!
    ---------

I always feel so guilty eating them, I can't look!
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

by dipping them in melted chocolate. That silences their cries [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."