The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I must admit, every day I sign onto the bb and read about all you east coasters meeting at shows, having fun, wearing your COTH caps...makes me a little jealous! I think I come from the wrong part of the country!!!! (I have tried telling my parents this for years, to no avail). Is there a clique for those of us from that rainy region known as the Northwest? I'm here for college, and I just got a horse training job in Wilsonville (yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!) so I was wondering if anyone here is from that area and wants to band together to give those east coasters a run for their $$$! And, yes, I know I should have gone east for college, but it was too far for an 18 yr old from the smallest school in the smallest town...lol....Anyway, Rainlovers UNITE!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

*Formerly known as Seabiscuit*

I must admit, every day I sign onto the bb and read about all you east coasters meeting at shows, having fun, wearing your COTH caps...makes me a little jealous! I think I come from the wrong part of the country!!!! (I have tried telling my parents this for years, to no avail). Is there a clique for those of us from that rainy region known as the Northwest? I'm here for college, and I just got a horse training job in Wilsonville (yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!) so I was wondering if anyone here is from that area and wants to band together to give those east coasters a run for their $$$! And, yes, I know I should have gone east for college, but it was too far for an 18 yr old from the smallest school in the smallest town...lol....Anyway, Rainlovers UNITE!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Leap of Faith have you tried the search or looked at where people are from. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

If you look at the bottom you will see many people on here are from Oregon and Washington and even British Columbia.

Moi, Jair, Hoopoe, Lisi,and more that I all of the sudden have gone blank on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] my apologies to those I have not listed!!

Sorry....I'm still kinda new here and am working out the bells and whistles of COTH. I was just trying to be friendly and get involved in the horse community in the Northwest since I don't know many people here. I'm sorry if I violated BB netiquette by not doing a search for everyone.

Not out of place at all dear!!

I am just olde and anal about using the search engine, haha [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

No car!!!

I had to go to college in Oregon with no car.
    It was awful.
    Atleast you have a horse to ride.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Dublin is from Oregon and now lives in CA
    she is an unofficial PNW member. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Bumpkin on Oct. 24, 2001 at 07:00 PM.]

I need some people to play with down here in Los Angeles!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    ~Proudly \"bonked\" member of OMGiH I loff my mare clique!!~ and the Redheads with Redheads clique!!!!

I am from Oregon-will have to change my profile to show it....aimee
    Ellipses users clique ...
    TGFPT,HYOOTGP

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Dublin is from Oregon and now lives in CA
    she is an unofficial PNW member <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can take the girl out of Oregon, but you can't take the Oregonian out of the girl.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of course, since about half of my show career was spent up in Washington, guess I'm an honorary Washingtonian as well.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
    UCLA football RULES....Undefeated and #3 in the nation, baby!!
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redddpony:
    I need some people to play with down here in Los Angeles!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome, redddpony! There are several folks here from SoCal ... several right in or very near LA "proper." The sillier the thread, the more of us who'll be on it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

That Dublin and Bumpky ... they travel in several cliques. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] The West Coast, the California, the Northwest. But they are a lot of fun so everyone likes for them to play in THEIR clique! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

I am in the Seattle area.

I am so ready for winter. I have my waterproof riding coat, waterproof chaps, waterproof saddle cover, waterproof helmet cover and I just re-waterproofed my paddock boots. I am still in search of the perfect waterproof warm hat (for when I am not riding, of course) and waterproof gloves.

I love the rain [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Check out my barn\'s website: Hillbilly Farms!

Hey, i'm from seattle!! (well i'm in Boston now for school . . . ) but i count as a Northwester still i think. ya, it was always annoying how few NW'ers there seemed to be. We should all meet at some show, (although i don't get to show around there till of course next summer when icome home). who are you working for in OR and what school?
    the other day i opened a picture (posted by bumkin- that one about the bits), and i was like OMG, i know someone in that pic. and i looked and u r from seattle! lol, i used to shop at the gift horse etc! (I think i actually talked to u on towerheads once? and u rode w/ my trainers at some point? or something?). neways ya, i'm from there. count me in on the clique! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (and there are acouple others out there, like jellybean (canada) etc.)

Bumpkin- glad to see I'm not out of line...:-) And, guess what?? Now that I got the horse job, my parents are getting me a car...the deal is that they will get me a barn car....something cheap on gas and insurance for this year...next fall I'll be in London, so we're selling the car...then when I come back, they will get me my gradueation present car...when I graduated hs, I was promised a new car, but I couldn't afford insurace then on a sportscar...which I really want (I know, spoiled...) but now I need a car and I don't want to buy a super-nice car and then drive it all the way home to CA while I'm in London, so this plan will work great....my dad's such a sweetie! As far as who I am working for, her name is Jen Harris (yes, I am ItsASecret from a few weeks ago lol, my first alter!!!) She runs a very nice A-circuit barn that is literally next door to Whip and Spur, Ruch Fellers' place. I'm going riding there on Saturday!!! I can't wait ti get back into the show ring...Jen has a few sale horses that will need to be shown and sold...I'm soooo excited....last year really stunk without horses and without a car....thank god for my boyfriend (who doesn't ride but has a car!!! LOL!) Oh, and btw, I don't post on Towerheads, so someone else may have my name...hehe!!!! Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy rain lovers...thank God Jen has an indoor...little miss CA isn't used to riding in sleet!!!!!

Hey ya'll!
    I have a question about oregon!
    I am applying to U of Oregon for next year, hopefully I will get in! I want to get out of south florida. Anyways, are there any good places to ride around eugene? or am I gonna be stuck with limited riding during my college years? Any input would be great!

Emily

The Silliness shall hereupon commence [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gotta Represent .. he, he, he !!!! Although I have to admit that I am a former Washingtonian.
    ~Proudly \"bonked\" member of OMGiH I loff my mare clique!!~ and the Redheads with Redheads clique!!!!

reddddpony... did you ride up here?

kissy I am sorry I forgot your name. Yes we spoke over on TH. Don't you own the brother to someone very famous? (I won't say the name unless you want me to) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Your trainer's mother, JK, use to jump and own Bumpkin's sire!! "Pan Man".
    In Oregon.

Beezer you are soooo SWEET!!! Thank you for the compliment.
    You can come be my sister, but I won't ride your horse for you, I only like to ride my Elliot.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hey, well actually a girl from my barn (who u talked to also) owns Rox Don, rox dene's brother . . so not me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]. so ya he's retired at our barn . .

I miss the rain out here in MA!!! need some seattle rain!!

Bumping along life\'s highway, oops, detour, welcome to Yuma, AZ.

How do you like that liquid sunshine?

LOF, I was in the Portland area many years ago. When Rich Fellers was still a junior. But lucky you for landing a job in Wilsonville, such a great part of the country.

Though I did abandon the ship "Oregon" in the mid '80's I now live in the very dusty desert. I don't think I can go back to all those clouds anymore.

Landover, are you interested in H/J or dressage? I have a few old contacts that are still very active in Eugene. Now there is a city to love!!! Rivers everywhere. How I miss running water....don't get me started. Anyway, email me if you want some input.

Welcome..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!"
    \"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!\"

Have you met Rich Fellers before? What's he like? Just curious....after watching his amazing run at Spruce a few years ago, I have always wanted to meet the man...not the prettiest rider, but he's damn effective. It was so funny when I was at Jen's place...I was looking at this arena full of jumps that was literally in the backyard of Jen's place (Future Street Farm for all you curious ones) and asked offhand whose place that was. "Oh, that's Whip and Spur," Jen's barn manager replied. My jaw dropped..."But, didn't I pass Whip and Spur like 10 min before I got to your place?" She smiled, "Yup...it's huge." I guess the great GM is coming to give a clinic at Whip and Spur soon...can't remember when...and hopefully I'll have something to ride in the clinic....wow...the idea of meeting the big boys makes my heart beat really fast....so if I meet Rich Fellers of GM, I'll probably have a stroke...what an impression that would make... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

Hey kissy,

So you train with Shelly? She was just a little kid when I was training with her mom! Small world, huh??

And thanks for the kind thoughts, Beezer....
    It's fun being a multiple clique member!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
    UCLA football RULES....Undefeated and #3 in the nation, baby!!
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*