The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Columbus, OH-places to live?

So I'll be relocating to Columbus this summer for a new job Not only will I be now be within 15 minutes of BF but I'm also getting a huge increase in pay for less preps!!!!! This year has been the year from you know where in terms of support and such but I really love the staff where I accepted my new job!

Now I'm doing the barn and apartment hunt. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed my barn down to two choices but the apartments are another story. I have a bunch already that I'll be checking out next week but wanted to see if anyone else had any to add! I'll be working west of the city so I'm looking mostly in Victorian Village, Short North, and Grandview. I'm looking at quite a few at Tuttle Crossing or something like that and then one or two in the Dublin and Hilliard areas.

Any suggestions of ones to look at or ones to stay away from are more than welcome! Feel free to PM!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Any of those can be good areas to live. Do check them out during peak commuting times, though, and see if you can live with the utter mess that is often I-70 and the outerbelt. Also, if you're in the Dublin/Tuttle areas, it might still be heavily impacted by Christmas shopping season. That whole area suuuuucked for the month of December and, judging from the widening of Sawmill, Easton and Polaris haven't siphoned off *that* much of the traffic.

I went to OSU and lived in the Short North/Victorian Village. Totally different atmosphere than the more suburbanite/condo communities. Parking is more of a problem, but there are a LOT more unique places (restaurants, pubs, galleries, shops) nearby. It all depends on what lifestyle you prefer.
    ---------------------------

I lived on Sunset Drive backing up onto the city park system and it was lovely and quiet with good parking

WildBlue, BF lives on Neil Ave in Victorian Village. I love, love, love the area but it's definitely harder to find something I like there with a reasonable price range!

I'm definitely going to try it at my normal commute time when I find out what that will be I know I won't be leaving any later than 6:15 though since I'll be teaching at the high school! I just don't know our official schedule yet.

what are the barns you are considering? could help us tell you appartments! Welcome to CBUS!
    "If you are nervous you arent focused-if you are focused, there is no room for nerves!"

Right now I have the different ones that are Edwards Communities. I really loved the one they had in Toledo though ultimately went elsewhere because I wasn't making anything I also have Runaway Bay and Marble Cliff Commons per BF's recommendations.

Barn wise right now I have Exalt and Salute and Heartfelt Farms. I've been in contact with both of them, now just need to actually get there next week!