The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default OHBS/GOV inspection tours

The OHBS/GOV summer tours have now been posted at http://oldenburghorse.net/breeding/i...-schedule.html .

There are some 40-odd stops on these tours, with more inspections being scheduled for the fall tour. I don't know what other sites will be added this fall, but we are targeting Sept. 9 for the GA inspection.

Breeders need to sign up ahead of time by downloading and returning the forms on the website. For details, see http://oldenburghorse.net/breeding/i...s/sign-up.html . Sign-up should ideally occur at least 3 weeks before the inspection to give the office time to prepare the official forms that will be used at the inspection.

Some of the posted dates may still be tentative, so be sure to watch the site for schedule changes. As always, breeders are advised to reconfirm with the office/web site AND the site host before making final arrangements to attend an inspection.

Do you know who the judges will be for the fall inspection? I think Ocala, Fl is going to be Sept 8th. I am sad to have missed Mareile...I would love to have her judge my ponies some day!
    Whispered Wish Weser-Ems: Breeding quality German Riding Ponies!
    Standing the stallion Burberry
    www.germanridingpony.com
    www.facebook.com/HighlifesBurberry

Heather is there going to be an Ocala inspection this year? Where at?

Are the dates final when they are posted?
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Looks like Ocala will be Sept 8th at Pennock Point. We are looking for volunteers! Anyone planning to come to Ocala this year?
    www.germanridingpony.com

@ EM: Yes and no. one year, it changed 2 or 3 weeks before the date, but all the other years, it was not changed.

I really like our date, so I hope it won't change.
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

DownYonder is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

My understanding is there will be a FL inspection on July 6 at Flying Lion Farm in Zephyrhills, and one on Sept. 8 at Pennock Point in Ocala.

I think Holly is inspecting at the July site - not sure if anyone will be with her or not. I believe Katrin is flying in after the Bundeschampionat to do the Sept. dates with Holly. They are apparently coming to GA on Sept. 9 after the Ocala inspection.

As mentioned in my post above, and on the OHBS/GOV website, dates are tentative. Things sometimes happen in the weeks before an inspection (often beyond the control of the registry), and the schedule has to be changed. This happens with danged near every registry so ALL breeders are advised to keep checking the posted schedules, and also to CONFIRM WITH THE SITE HOST several times in the run-up to an inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    As mentioned in my post above, and on the OHBS/GOV website, dates are tentative. Things sometimes happen in the weeks before an inspection (often beyond the control of the registry), and the schedule has to be changed. This happens with danged near every registry so ALL breeders are advised to keep checking the posted schedules, and also to CONFIRM WITH THE SITE HOST several times in the run-up to an inspection.
    Well that seems to me like a major communication gap. There should be a mandatory subscription to an e-mail newsletter or something of sorts, so the registry can make sure to communicate any and all changes to ALL participants.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca

Well, I try to be that communication channel for the participants of the inspection we host in Quebec. When I start to receive inscriptions for the inspection, I create a mailing group and then if things change (date, location or schedule), I send an email to the participants. I also usually put up a web page for the inspection on my website, and date and location are written on it and if it changes, I'd change it, and so people interested in the inspection just have to go see. The only time it has changed for us in Quebec, was a year that someone on the tour had an hurricane or big storm, and they tried to accomodate them. I think it was understandable
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Well, I try to be that communication channel for the participants of the inspection we host in Quebec. When I start to receive inscriptions for the inspection, I create a mailing group and then if things change (date, location or schedule), I send an email to the participants. I also usually put up a web page for the inspection on my website, and date and location are written on it and if it changes, I'd change it, and so people interested in the inspection just have to go see. The only time it has changed for us in Quebec, was a year that someone on the tour had an hurricane or big storm, and they tried to accomodate them. I think it was understandable

It just occured to me that the Registry should handle it rather than rely on the individual hosts. You do a good job indeed.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca

Great news...Katrin is always a pleasure to have as a judge! Very educational and informative.
    www.germanridingpony.com