The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dodgegirl: your post is so innappropriate. George Bush is a human with feelings and it did me good to know he was as upset about all of this as I am. Nobody blames Bill CLinton (at least I don't and neither should anyone else). It wasn't "weakness" as you put it, that brought us to this. It was the whim of a radical mad man and his followers.

Nobody is to blame except those who perpetrated this henous crime.

Now is the time to rally behind our leaders. Democrat or Republican...we are americans first. You shouldn't even have said anything that would require the donning of the "flame suit"...this is an innappropriate time for such rhetoric.
    Remember...though eagles may soar, weasles never get sucked into a jet engine.

Soar like a weasle my friend.

Even though the bullhorn didn't exactly make me warm and fuzzy, I was glad to see President Bush on the job.

You may recall, his father didn't get re-elected, even after the "win" in Operation Desert Storm, because he was apparently out of touch with working people. He didn't know the price of a loaf of bread, remember?

Now that he is the ONLY person who can move about freely in the skies over America, without the fear of a terrorist attack or getting the big NO-NO from the FAA, he did actually visit NY.

So Kudos to the President who did some good for the spirit of the people today. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

San Ramon/Castro Valley/Brentwood, California

for President. His fathers' Presidential Library is in my own backyard in College Station, Texas. My Mom knows Laura Bush. I like to think I have the inside track on the Presidency, but of course I don't! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I believe he and his administration will take care of terrorists; those who caused these atrocities have awakened a sleeping giant.

As many have said on the TV (Hillary Clinton in particular): "You are either with us or against us." It's going to be a long long battle, but in the end, if there is an end, I am certain our President will take care of it.

Maybe now is the time to "....ask what you can do for your country." (John F. Kennedy)

To be fair, from what I saw (maybe I saw a different address) he did get chocked up, but he wasn't exactly blubbering. And I think that's entirely appropriate given the enormity of what's happened. And I think he's shown the correct balance between maintaining visibility to the public while working diligently to resolve the issues at hand.

While I'm no fan of Clinton, I don't think we can blame him for what happened. I guess you could make a point that he didn't remove Bin Laden fromt he scene after the embassy bombings and the attack on the USS Cole, but I think that's hindsight. No one is to blame for what happened but the evil madmen who committed this mass murder.

Yes, we may have gotten complacent in our sense of security recently, but can we be blamed for that? I "came of age" during the Cold War, and was personally excited to live in a time when we had no perceived major threat and could focus on improving our nation internally rather than protecting ourselves from the Soviet Union or other "enemy state."

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dodgegrrl:

"Give the guy a Kleenex and tell him to get to work. After all, it is weakness (many)that put us in this place."

"I am a lifelong Democrat"

Sorry, I just can't let this slide! You wanna talk about tears, I suggest you do some homework on your last president (democrat!) He was constantly in tears on TV! For alot less than thousands of missing Americans!! Don't bash our President for something that the last one did on a monthly basis! Fair is fair!

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

C'mon! Did you cry when you saw this happen??? Didn't you stop and think how many lives were changed and ruined? It is sad. He cares. How dare you attack him for being a human!

You need to direct you anger else where. That is just ridiculous. I am not a republican, but I think he is the perfect man for this job. Perfect.

The intentions on this thread were not to knock Democrats, can't people just get over there damn negative opinions, and say:

God Bless America, God Bless those Leading it!

~~Lisa~~

~the back of my horse, where the view is best!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dodgegrrl:
    Flamesuit on!

Everyone here wants to blame Bill Clinton. Why?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Billary Clinton slashed the military, thus weakening our defences against rogue nations and terrorists alike. The FBI became a disgrace when Clinton appointed Louis Freeh. Can we say Botched Investigation of the Oklahoma Bombing? How about Wen Ho Lee?

Any other questions? Just ask Vince Foster...Oh, wait you can't! Hillary had him assasinated before he could spill the beans about her corrupt doings with Whitewater and the Law Firm. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Then there was Travelgate, Whitewater, Filegate, and too many harrassment cases to count.

Bill was just a perjoring, draft-dodging, marijuana-smoking puppet. They say Timothy Leary talked a good talk, too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] But I wouldn't want the LSD Guru running the country.

What I do, I do for my horse, and thus I do for myself~me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by creseida:
    Quote: "Originally posted by dodgegrrl:
    Flamesuit on!

Everyone here wants to blame Bill Clinton. Why?

"

Billary Clinton <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL

-----
    http://www.catchride.com
    -----

You have to like this shot of Pres. Bush!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] giving credit where due

I caught some replay tonight of good ole George talking somewhere to firefighters tonight with a very uplifting tone and he made me smile. Three cheers for him. Hes a terrible speaker. I voted for him, I like him, but hes a terrible speaker.

MOST importantly though, hes a smart man, and a good leader. He'll pull us through. I'm not worried.

and btw- keep it in check girls, just because Lily and InWhyCee are back... that doesnt mean we should all resume our bitching. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I have no idea, and I do all the shopping for our family!!!
    I just pick it up and drop it in the cart.
    And Mr Bumpkin, well how many men would know the price of bread?

I must say, I am utterly disgusted by the attitudes of many members on this board.

A tragedy has taken place. Let's drop our partisanship and work together.

By no means is either Clinton or Bush perfect, but, they both did what they felt was needed.

Hindsight is twenty-twenty. How do you think keeping military funding high would have helped? What, we would have had our missile defense system in place? It wouldn't have made a difference in the world.

How many of you out there can say that you have not cried, or choked back tears when thinking about the disaster, let alone when trying to make a speech to the entire nation?

Dodgegirl, you said <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd rather follow a Rhodes Scholar straight to the outhouse than a whining C- Yalie into the White House. GAAA!! Save those people in the elevator! Get those people back to work. Make sandwiches, donate, do something. Don't sit there and cry about it.
    I wouldn't turn the care of a sick horse over to someone like this. Get moving, do something! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you dislike Bush. Now is not the time. Support him, stand behind him, as he is our president and deserves the support of the people, now more than ever. A phrase comes to mind, "united we stand, divided we fall."

And creseida, your response, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hillary Clinton slashed the military, thus weakening our defenses against rogue nations and terrorists alike. The FBI became a disgrace when Clinton appointed Louis Freeh. Can we say Botched Investigation of the Oklahoma Bombing? How about Wen Ho Lee?
    Any other questions? Just ask Vince Foster...Oh, wait you can't! Hillary had him assassinated before he could spill the beans about her corrupt doings with Whitewater and the Law Firm. Then there was Travelgate, Whitewater, Filegate, and too many harrassment cases to count.
    Bill was just a perjuring, draft-dodging, marijuana-smoking puppet. They say Timothy Leary talked a good talk, too. But I wouldn't want the LSD Guru running the country. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

was even more inappropriate. How is badmouthing our former president going to help anything? Many faults you raise with Clinton can also be found with Bush. I suggest you not call Clinton names that are more frequently than not attributed to Bush rather than Clinton. And how dare you imply that Hillary Clinton took part in an assassination? There is less than no evidence to support your point.

As a high school senior, I am currently in the process of studying our Government, both its good and bad aspects.

Personally, yes, I prefer Clinton over Bush. However, Bush is my president now. As I stood behind Clinton when he was president, so shall I stand behind Bush now.

I am proud to live in a country that will not be beaten, and I am proud to live with the majority of people who are now uniting behind our leaders.

Save your objections for later. Be glad you're alive, and, at the very least, if you're not going to help, just be quiet, and let the others do the job.

For the good of the Nation as a whole, the states must once again become a single entity.

I think, in light of all this, it is time for us to get back to what these boards were intended for.

Valerie
    ~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
    Valerie's home page

[This message was edited by In The Gate on Sep. 17, 2001 at 03:07 AM.]

We have seen many men who rose to meet the challenges at a time when they were needed. There have been Presidents from both sides who were not great orators but great Presidents.

This is the time to stop the partizan small-talk and remember we are all Americans first. If we stand behind our leader he will become greater than even he knew was possible.

If we have the will to win this time then this will be a victory for freedom. Before you decry the governors of this country just think what your alternative will be. Bin Ladon wants us all in Islam or dead, not different than the last international despot who wanted only aryans to live.

We tried to buy peace from Hitler and we were wrong, let's learn from history.

Bumping along life\'s highway, oops, detour, welcome to Yuma, AZ.

You may have no idea how inspiring it is to hear well spoken ideas from a "senior in high school". Call it another form of renewed faith in the future of this country. You have probably been told before, you seem wise beyond your years.

I hope and pray for your generation that you be given every opportunity to achieve your goals.

Thank you for speaking up and thank you most of all for caring.

Just a note from some "old broad". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!"
    \"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!\"

Umm, I can't say that I agree with all said, and I don't feel like getting into a political argument. But I am praying my ass off that Bush & Co. can make the right decisions regarding these attacks.

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

He has wounderful advisors and his father is a great military man. I'm happy now that Bush got elected to the office. He has wounderful Military personal (Colon Powell) and he's taking the best action he can think of. God Bless him! He needs all the support he can get from us. I hope he makes those who are responsible pay BIG time. How dare they burn our home city(I'm from New York). I just couldn't believe it when I saw those towers fall!

http://www.dmtc.com/dmtc98/Pedigree/ you can look up you Thoroughbred's Pedigree with photos 9 Genrations back!
    Men come and go, but my horse will always love me!
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

I voted for George W. Bush!

God bless the U.S.A.!!

I, like Bumpkin, have no-clue what a loaf of bread costs.

However I will support him as our President. More importantly, I will support the leaders of this nation in their efforts to preserve and protect our rights and keep our nation together.

What Clinton did (which was an embarrasment to his family and the nation, not a crime against the USA so get over it) has No bearing on what Bush will do in this situation. I do not envy President Bush, he has a tough job ahead of him. He is not a good public speaker although recent events are showing that he comes across much better speaking his own words from the heart as opposed to reading from a prepared text.

This country and many like the USA are great for the way the population is allowed to have differing opinions. We have free elections, not dictatorships. This is part of what makes us strong enough to combat terrorism. Our country is made up of a diverse population that is represented in our government. Our government, from the local board of supervisors right up to the Senate, House of Representatives, Supreme Court and President is supposed to reflect the will of "We, the people of the United States"
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Pepperidge Farm Country Wheat is $1.45 with a coupon and gas is $1.28 per US gallon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Bread continued:

Butternutt Day Old store in Olathe: 3 large sandwich loaves for 99 cents. Pepperidge Farm brands are 60 cents a loaf.

Happy Riding!
    SLW- who knows the price of bread and what "is" "is". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Do my politics show? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]