The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Animal Planet Mermaids "Documentary"

Did anyone else watch this tonight? I thought it was well done and CREEPY. But probably 99% fake. Especially the videos...who knew those crappy flip cellphones of 2004/05 could take such great quality video?

So was anything besides the underwater recordings real?
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

I watched part of it and never saw the finale. Did they actually show anything? I was surprised that all of those whale beachings being caused by military sonar experiments isn't known more!

Yes, the "cellphone footage" (in parenthesis because I don't believe it was real) showed a live mermaid washed up on the beach. Very Blair Witch Project-esque.

I wouldn't take anything shown as proven. I think the sonar causing whale beachings is a theory and nothing more.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Oh dear. I didn't see that. I saw the recreation of them walking on the beach and some people talking, and something in a tank and a hand that that hit the window. I was listening to things about the finger bones, I think, and something about evidence of using sting ray spines as tools? I wasn't really watching. It was looooong.

The sonar thing makes sense, though. There was a period of time where there were a lot of mass beachings, and there hasn't been anything in awhile.

Oh wait, it's STILL on here. It's TWO hours long. I just switched from Next Food Network Star and saw the FAKE FAKE FAKE cel phone of the "mermaid." Yeah, THAT is really fake. And the guy with the fake voice change talking about him seeing it--not buying the bad acting.

I saw last night it was on. I scrolled over the description, and moved on. The title and the description sounds like the Big Foot reality shows.

I watched Kate and Leopold again. And during commercials would watch Snapped and FoodNetwork Star (that was a weird show). Much better.

I also thought when I saw the mermaid title of the Pirates of the Carribean and their view of mermaids. I think I liked their idea better than what EVER the mermaid show on last night was going to portray.