The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Today Show's Ann Curry and Show Content...Arrggghhh!

I have watched the Today show for my entire life. I think I'm going to have to switch to ?? soon, because I can't stand Ann Curry any longer! That, and the show content these days!

When she interviews-oh, someone who's daughter is missing, for example, her voice gets lower, and lower, and lower, until she's whispering-and you can't hear a d*mn thing...But, the questions always are, "So Mom, how do you feel about Susie being gone? What would you like to say to her if she can hear you?"

Or, If someone is accused of something, in sotto voice she'll go, "Well, Joe, tell me, did you kill your wife?" Like um, yeah, I'm sure you're going to get a total confession, and break the case wide open in front of several million people.

I also am really tired of hearing the latest about the royals, and what Krapdashians, Lohans, and trash of similar ilk are doing. Don't we have Entertainment Tonight, Extra, Inside Edition, and all those other shows for that? Please make it stop!

Any suggestions for a decent morning show-with a host who is coherent, that I can hear, and that has 90% news, 10% weather and "fluff"? Thanks!!

I am a Morning Joe (MSNBC) fan. But if you're conservative/Republican, it may make you break out in hives.

And yeah, Ann Curry is unwatchable when she's "being Ann Curry." Gag. Soooooo phony sounding.

The Weather Channel.

I'm with Petey Pie. I get so sick of those morning shows I want to throw up.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

I agree about how awful Ann Curry is. I honestly can't stand her anymore. She is the worst interviewer on the air.

Lately, by default, I have been watching some CBS mostly.

I want someone that is giving the news equally picking on all sides, or polite with all sides.

Those for or against one side only, to me are not real news reporters.

Balance, please, or just the bare news, without unnecessary snide remarks against one side, whichever side that is.
    That is unbecoming of a serious reporter.
    That is abusing their talking head power.

That is why I end up using the off button.

I liked Meridith Vieira on the Today Show. Genuine and funny. Matt Lauer is okay, too. I liked Charles Gibson and Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America for the same reasons. George Stephanopoulos is okay. Charles Osgoode from the CBS Sunday Morning show is fine too. The rest...not so great.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

Morning show? If I turn on the TV in the morning it's TBS because old episodes of Married With Children are on right before I walk down to the barn.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by Chief2 View Post
    I liked Meridith Vieira on the Today Show. Genuine and funny. Matt Lauer is okay, too. I liked Charles Gibson and Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America for the same reasons. George Stephanopoulos is okay. Charles Osgoode from the CBS Sunday Morning show is fine too. The rest...not so great.
    What she said.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks Ann Curry is doing a less than stellar job! I couldn't believe they picked her as co-anchor when Meredith left! I think Natalie would've been a better choice - at least she has some charisma!
    The Today Show has been set on my DVR for about the past 5 years, but maybe it's time to switch over to CBS and give their morning show a try.
    Cindy

I really enjoy Matt Lauer. He is the primary reason I watch the Today show. On the days he's not there, I usually change the channel within minutes.

Right there with you. My DVR also used to be set to the Today show, and I've just unprogrammed it a couple of months ago.

However, I will disagree with you about Ann Curry's being the only one with this approach. Matt Lauer has used it in the past. I think more recently he has been more sensitive, and stood up to the writers who come up with these questions by not using such idiotic ones so often anymore. But a few years back, I also ditched the show for awhile after he interviewed the parents of young adults kidnapped and being displayed by terrorists in the Middle East. He asked them something like (paraphrasing) "shouldn't they have thought better about going over there?" Well, duh, yea, and this had just happened a few hours earlier. The parents were obviously distraught, and the question almost put one into tears.

I used to like Ann Curry, but believe she is now being fed the same bone headed types of questions.

Get some writers with class!!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Used to be pretty loyal to the Today Show but since Meredith left it hasn't been the same. I also hate the "how do you feel" interviews. How the *** do you think they feel, you morons?!

I've really been enjoying the CBS morning show. Less fluff and Charlie Rose is great.

I absolutely hate the Today Show! I used to watch it every morning, but stopped a few years back. Meridith Vieira made me cringe every time I saw her. There were a few segments that she did where her tone was so rude and it was like she was speaking down to her guests. Uck. I actually really didn't like anyone on that show. Just not for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

I am a lifelong Today-er, but I switched to ABC when Katie Couric was a guest host for a week. (Love me some Katie Couric) and I have stayed with ABC.

It is more like the Today show used to be.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

I stopped watching the morning shows years ago.

I catch the local news, which always includes some national and world headlines, and then I'm done.

I just can't handle the drama that has taken over the place of news.

I keep hoping Ann Curry is just filling in.

I miss Katie, and also Meredith, though it took me a while to like her.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

I watch ABC. George Stephonopolos usually is "permitted" to do some serious news early in the morning, in the 7 AM hour. After that, it all degenerates to fluff and I hit the off button.

Lately, I'm finding the evening news is much the same. I have always liked Diane Sawyer, but I am getting so disgusted with the content of her show that I may try switching. Again, it's 15 minutes of news and 15 minutes of fluff. I like fuzzy kittens and feel good stories as well as the next person, but when the news is on, I want news. I want to know what's going on in the world.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

All network news shows have long ago jumped the shark. I will watch our local on occasions but I am an HLN Robin Mead fan all the way.

I have to laugh when the soup puts on clips from the 2 drunks on the NBC after show. Gee whiz.

I dont have a problem with the hosts so much as with the contents and "guests". When plenty is happening in the world every show will spend way too much time with the latest YouTube sensation or with Octomom or some other attention whore. They really seem to cater to and enable the idiots and their 15 minutes. Yuck. When Today kept putting on the guy accused of killing his wife long after the initial news I realized how bad things had become. And I never even watch the added hour!