The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Titulus Trakehner

Anyone know more details about this stallion and his get? I have been very interested in him to breed to my Trak mare a few years down the road. Does anyone know how he is doing in Germany or know of any competition videos of him from Germany? Thanks!

Well, he's in the US - owned by a Canadian - I believe he is with Nancy Malone (she of Ironman) competing in the jumpers. He had 2 offspring do well at Le Lion (don't quote me - could have been Lumuhlen?) last year.

Of the offspring I've seen, I'd be inclined to pick a refined mare to breed to him.

Actually, neither Lion nor Luhm├╝hlen ;-)

Two get doing well at the German Bundeschampionat. Not too shabby. Nice stallion, that Titulus one. Definitely worth a good look for the jumper/eventing circles.

I don't know him very much, but I do know his owner and she's awesome.

My friend Spike from this board just did a pretty smashing website for him: http://titulusandco.com/
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

I realize this thread is a bit older, however, I work at Nancy's barn and, while Titulus has moved to Canada (I believe), his babies in the barn are very nice and have lots of personality.
    Unfortunately, I never worked with Titulus himself, but seeing as he was in Nancy's barn I would imagine he was well mannered and a very nice jumper.
    From the pictures I have seen of him I am in love. Very nice conformation, IMO. And his offspring's personalities are to die for.
    If I had a TB or WB mare that I was looking to breed he would be top on my list.

Smoky River Sporthorses in Alberta has at least one Titulus baby on the ground, I believe it would be started under saddle by now. They stand their own stallions, but do occasionally breed mares to outside horses.

They would definitely be able to tell you about the mare and resulting offspring. I bought a horse from them, didn't meet the Titulus baby specifically, but their program seems well suited to producing Eventers...the owners don't compete in Eventing though, and it seems that more customers come from Showjumping barns.
    Lifestyle coordinator for Zora, Spooky, Wolfgang and Warrior