The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Gas grill suggestions

I bought a Brinkmann a couple of years ago and its completely corroded inside. Should I just buy a cheap one and expect to have to replace it every couple of years? My previous one was a Kenmore and it lasted longer. Suggestions?
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Weber!!!!

Weber. HomeDepot.

Not more cheap-o's. This one will last a long long time. Oh btw it cooks WONDERFULLY. We have bought many many grills over the 25 years we have been married. This one will last a long long time.

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Gr...kuId=203366122

I think ours is stainless for the cover, and was on sale, but I would have preferred black. Cooks the same though. You have to get burners which are aligned like these. If the knobs are on the side it will have burners which run left to right. These run front to back. Love the rolling wheels, and they do lock so it will not roll.

Do not waste $ on side burners. Now I did not have them on a weber so they may work. ??

kcmel is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Thanks. Are they low maintenance? Part of my problem is likely that I am not that diligent about cleaning them.
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Yes. Mine has a thick coat of dust and pollen on top. No cover for me. Inside is what you need to work - forever.

I also put in some foil, hickory, mesquite chips or chunks, and turn one burners on the side (there are three in there so an outside one) and let it burn that, thus you get some smoke on your food. YUM. Once it starts to smoke and burn just turn that side off. I make a boat of aluminum foil, put the chips in, no watered down, just put them in. Cook food. I usually remove foil, put water on it to dowse the smoke, drain and use it the next time if there are still chunks in there. YUM!

I even cook pizza on the grill too. Right on the grill slats. You could put a pizza stone I suppose. Cook dough on one side flip and put on your toppings. Or put the whole pizza on to cook and do not flip. I have done both.

Grilling keeps the heat outside. I like that living in the south.

There is a little grease tray you may have to empty over time. It is underneath inside, easy to get too.

Weber!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got the E330 with the sear station and LOVE it!!! t replaced a big jenn aire that just never got hot enough.